Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Lurie is a dumb ass
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
For all I can find online and on the idiot box, Chip got fired because a % of his team found him "unapproachable." The worst I heard was Lane Johnson who said he was "brilliant" but "dictatorial."

Look, I too tired of his shtick. But from where we sit today 12/31/15 . . .

We are significantly further from being better than dog shit than we were at this point in 2012. Jeff Lurie fucked us big time, this time.

You don't fire the man after 1 year. At least give him the chance to rebuild the thing he fucked up.

Now? I've got dollars to donuts that says this guy goes on to be a HOF coach and we're the "Cleveland" to Bellicheats Pats.

I predict a minimum of 3 seasons before we even sniff a .500 season or a playoff birth.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

mcnabbulous
I'm feeling a lot of the same sentiment. Lurie "wanted his team back." That, in and of itself, is concerning.

If Chip wasn't a good enough "boss" to his players, what does it say about Lurie's managerial skills with Chip. This was failure at the top.
Eyrie
Kelly was fired after three years, not one, which is particularly relevant if you concede that his personality was a key issue.

Rick
Yup, fired because of a bunch of whining players. SMH
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 31 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Yup, fired because of a bunch of whining players. SMH

Or, one could say he was fired because his communication skills were severely lacking which is a major problem for a manager in that capacity.

Lurie has been a good owner, not perfect ... above average. He makes a dramatic move that is out of character for him and some people blame him for screwing the pooch. Maybe he did, but objectivity would seem to give him the benefit of the doubt considering not only his history of non interference, but because of the highly unusual way in which this happened. It sounds like this was not a new topic of conversation between the boss and the manager.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Or, one could say he was fired because his communication skills were severely lacking which is a major problem for a manager in that capacity.

Lurie has been a good owner, not perfect ... above average. He makes a dramatic move that is out of character for him and some people blame him for screwing the pooch. Maybe he did, but objectivity would seem to give him the benefit of the doubt considering not only his history of non interference, but because of the highly unusual way in which this happened. It sounds like this was not a new topic of conversation between the boss and the manager.

He's the coach. The coach says do something, the player does it. The players whined about this. They wanted hugs or a pat on the back or, I don't know what.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this trend of players whining about coaches is stupid. They get paid a LOT of money to play a GAME. Their job is to play for/listen to the person the owner puts above them. For whatever reason, this didn't happen with Kelly. I doubt Kelly was any different in Philly than he was in Oregon. The players in Oregon played for him. They played hard. To my knowledge, they don't run around whining about practicing too had or running too many plays.

Yes, his players at Oregon were college kids. But the guys he was coaching in Philly are supposed to be professionals. Whining about your boss and not performing when you're getting paid the amount of money those guys get paid is anything but professional.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sick of people whining and needing to coddled constantly. Play friggin' football! If you don't like it, sign somewhere else when your contract is up or retire!
D Rock
It's so out of character for Lurie to do this before the season ended, that I gotta believe there is something to this that we're not being told. It smells fishy to me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 31 2015, 04:47 PM) *
It's so out of character for Lurie to do this before the season ended, that I gotta believe there is something to this that we're not being told. It smells fishy to me.

I think you are spot on......my guess? Lurie tried to reel him in or to change his approach and he told him to stay out of it....and Lurie then Lurie told him that Howie was going to be Chip's assistant and Chip punched him in the mouth....party over.....
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 31 2015, 04:47 PM) *

My guess.

Lurie heard his "I'm not the GM" semantics game in his Monday press conference.

This on top of other occasions where Chip didn't take responsibility ("execution not coaching", etc) and probably other occasions in house where similar "it wasn't me" mantras.

Lurie probably blew a gasket (for him) and called a meeting with his confidants Monday afternoon/evening and decided he was done.

Lurie said the decision was made before they met.

That explained why Tuesday. Because Tuesday followed Monday and what he said on Monday, in combination of other deflective behavior and Lurie was probably like, this SOB says he wants nothing to do with personnel when he comes in, then insists on having full control, then says he didn't insist of having full control, then makes a bunch of shit head moves while he has full control and he has the BALLS, to stand up there in that press conference and play a semantic game about being the GM after he and his post GM move shit of a team lays an egg on national TV while the suck ass Redskins win the division on our home field.

He said fuck you Chip and the horse you rode in on. You wanted to be accountable, you are now accountable!

Kudos to Jeff for cleaning it up and taking the high road in the presser.

It went against Jeff's M/O, so you know he had to be pissed. To have it decided before he met with him spoke volumes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.