Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otimystic look at the future
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I get why people dislike or disrespect this guy, but this makes a ton of sense to me.
Roseman didnít get his old job back. He got part of his old job. As much as Lurie likes him, I think Lurie wants to stay away from one person having too much power. Roseman worked well with Andy and Chip at times so he can be part of a collaborative process.

Donahoe isnít a big picture guy. He is a good talent evaluator. You want him watching tape, visiting schools and grading players. You donít want him running the whole organization.

This can work if the Eagles find the right coach. Jeff Lurie wants a leader and a communicator. Those skills will help the coach in his dealings with Roseman and Donahoe as well as the team itself. The coach needs to have the vision for the team. It is up to the personnel department to help that vision come to life.
Snickerdoodle ...

Obviously there are a couple of caveats with this. Will Roseman step back from The Prince and be content to be "a part", restricting himself to negotiations, moving around in the draft and working trades? Is Donahoe truly a good talent evaluator? Will the new coach be content to work this way with these men?

Optimystic thinks there's a chance. Howie was humbled and Jeffy isn't doing for him what he did for either Andy or the Chipster. He has motivation to prove himself and create a place for himself in NFL circles. Donahoe was good in Pittsburg but failed in Buffalo. If Pittsburg runs the same type of collaborative personnel set up as Lurie ascribes to but was given complete GM control in Buffalo, maybe he is an example of being Chipped ... more authority than ability.

I've heard that Lurie has asked both Nutter and Kenney to increase security on all bridges from now until the conclusion of the 2016 season. biggrin.gif

Happy Optimystic New Year!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2015, 10:42 AM) *
I get why people dislike or disrespect this guy, but this makes a ton of sense to me.
Snickerdoodle ...

Obviously there are a couple of caveats with this. Will Roseman step back from The Prince and be content to be "a part", restricting himself to negotiations, moving around in the draft and working trades? Is Donahoe truly a good talent evaluator? Will the new coach be content to work this way with these men?

Optimystic thinks there's a chance. Howie was humbled and Jeffy isn't doing for him what he did for either Andy or the Chipster. He has motivation to prove himself and create a place for himself in NFL circles. Donahoe was good in Pittsburg but failed in Buffalo. If Pittsburg runs the same type of collaborative personnel set up as Lurie ascribes to but was given complete GM control in Buffalo, maybe he is an example of being Chipped ... more authority than ability.

I've heard that Lurie has asked both Nutter and Kenney to increase security on all bridges from now until the conclusion of the 2016 season. biggrin.gif

Happy Optimystic New Year!

With this, your Axis membership application has been thrown away!!

Phits is in.

I may have to lower my admittance qualifications.

Next up for review, a tent catcher from Scotland. If we lose Sunday, we play an away game in London next year. It may be nice to have a guy with a live report...........................

As far as the link, good stuff.

If you read it and Roob's article that is linked, you have one luke warm maybe endorsement and one hate's it.

If Howie is involved, other than contracts and moving up and down the draft board, then I think his track record of not playing well with others will be a detriment to getting the right coach and also having it be a success after we get a coach. He's a back stabbing insecure conniving snake, and unless he's done a 180, with is rare with character issues, I think I would tend to agree with Roob.
Zero
The news that apparently they're looking for someone to replace Donahoe is hopeful, though. Unless Howie proves to be a roadblock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.