Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Philly we have a problem
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
When he said, Don Smolenski, Howie, and he were going to search for a coach...no GM search mentioned at all.

Excuse me, where is the guy with the kind of life experience to know a good coach?

Also, it implies Donahoe will be running PP going forward, he had success with the Steelers in the 90s, but was canned in Buffalo after...hasn't done anything since and he has been HERE since 2012, why should we believe this group can fix things? I don't.

I also think that Lurie is Howie's only fan, his presence in the FO might very well scare off some better prospects for HC since we have all heard that he is not well-respected around the league...

My guess is that Sean McDermott might come back as HC, he knows them already and how he might navigate it. Or longshot, Cowher, if Donahoe makes him think they can do it again in Philly like Pitt. Other than that, the way this is set up makes us look very unattractive.
nephillymike
I hear you BW.

At a minimum, add a fourth voice in the search if for no other reason, then to lessen Howie's impact and to give a counter point.

Shit, give Jaws a call.

He''s seen everything and knows the league inside and out.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 30 2015, 10:42 PM) *
I hear you BW.

At a minimum, add a fourth voice in the search if for no other reason, then to lessen Howie's impact and to give a counter point.

Shit, give Jaws a call.

He''s seen everything and knows the league inside and out.

Not going to happen, Lurie is moving back into a comfort zone. Reuben Frank lays out the facts of where we stand and where Lurie just said we are going...it ain't pretty.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...man-tom-donahoe
Zero
It's a shame. Howie is very, very good at what he does. The problem is that he's not a personnel guy and he's not a football guy. He is a guy who knows how to be The Prince.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2015, 12:01 PM) *
It's a shame. Howie is very, very good at what he does. The problem is that he's not a personnel guy and he's not a football guy. He is a guy who knows how to be The Prince.

He's halfway there then.

It's clear that nobody loves him, but equally no-one fears him either (Chapter 17).

Someone had to acknowledge the reference.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 31 2015, 02:36 PM) *
Someone had to acknowledge the reference.
bowdown.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2015, 07:49 PM) *
bowdown.gif

I haven't read it as recently as you or Roseman have, so had to pull my copy from a bookcase to check the chapter number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.