Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howie 'The Weasel' Roseman?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Roseman has outlasted a number of key figures in Philadelphia now. Kelly and Marynowitz are just the latest. Tom Gamble was ousted last year. Before that, it was Joe Banner and Andy Reid. Other key executives who saw the door while Roseman remained include: Tom Heckert, Jason Licht, Ryan Grigson, and Louis Riddick.

Makes one wonder how much pull Howie actually has in the organization.

Linc
Zero
This worries me.
BirdsWinBaby
"Howie got him,'' the executive said. "He won. It took him some time, but he got to the owner, and he won. That's just amazing. What is Lurie thinking? That place is just out of control.''

I'm happy that Lurie finally zipped Chip and his nonsense....but his infatuation with Roseman is troubling.

What I'm hoping is that Lurie realizes that he needs an experienced NFL exec to run the team, pick the coach and build the program......if he thinks that Roseman is that exec, I'm not sure we won't head down the same road again

No experienced NFL coach/GM will come into a situation where they answer to Roseman. What you will find is another guy who is just happy to get a shot at an NFL HC job.
Zero
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 30 2015, 09:50 AM) *
What I'm hoping is that Lurie realizes that he needs an experienced NFL exec to run the team, pick the coach and build the program......if he thinks that Roseman is that exec, I'm not sure we won't head down the same road again

No experienced NFL coach/GM will come into a situation where they answer to Roseman. What you will find is another guy who is just happy to get a shot at an NFL HC job.

Howie seems to be Niccolò Machiavelli reincarnated. I agree we're likely doomed if Lurie doesn't realize that he absolutely needs to hire an experienced, reliable football man to run the show. NOT Howie Roseman.
mcnabbulous
Howie fucking handpicked Chip. Why this guy has any say in the organization is beyond me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2015, 10:40 AM) *
Howie fucking handpicked Chip. Why this guy has any say in the organization is beyond me.

It was not like they picked Kelly out of the forest......Kelly was the consensus pick and sought by many teams......that he would turn into a raging megalomaniac was not expected...

word out of the entire organization....a fact missed by the beat writers which speaks volume about their abilities.....is that just about everyone had grown to hate Kelly...not just the players
SAM I Am

I agree 100%.

When I heard he canned Chip I thought for sure he was going to do just that, get an experienced NFL executive/GM to run this team and pick the next HC.

Yep, it looks like we are headed down the same road again with Roseman, and there is only one person to blame for that, Lurie.

Maybe Christina should be the one calling the shots for this team, not her X.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 30 2015, 11:08 AM) *
It was not like they picked Kelly out of the forest......Kelly was the consensus pick and sought by many teams......that he would turn into a raging megalomaniac was not expected...

word out of the entire organization....a fact missed by the beat writers which speaks volume about their abilities.....is that just about everyone had grown to hate Kelly...not just the players

That was generally his reputation at Oregon. I'm not sure why anyone was surprised by it.

He's a control freak.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2015, 12:10 PM) *
He's a control freak.

Aren't most head coaches?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 30 2015, 11:12 AM) *
Aren't most head coaches?

Probably. Which is why that argument is silly.
nephillymike
Howie's a back stabbing conniver and his voice should be silenced in the hunt for a new coach.

We've heard it time and time again.

If Lurie wants him on that search committee, he would be advised to add another voice to the process, and make it four to lessen Howie's impact.
mcnabbulous
I do wonder...

What if Chip really didn't want full control, he just completely opposed Howie making personnel decisions. I certainly couldn't blame him there.
Joegrane
The last sentence is the one that frightens me the most. If they can't attract quality coaches, this is not going to go well.

I expect them to also struggle to attract quality people to the front office because of Howie's reputation.

The best case, reasonable, scenario still seems to me to be a hiring of Shurmur as HC/OC for offensive stability and attractiveness to Bradford, and a let the talent of the D Line--including V Curry--attract a 4-3 D Coordinator/HC.

"Howie got him,'' the executive said. "He won. It took him some time, but he got to the owner, and he won. That's just amazing. What is Lurie thinking? That place is just out of control.''

Zero
Of course this is an unnamed executive. Maybe there's something to it or maybe not. Maybe he has an axe to grind or maybe the "out of control" comment really means Kelly didn't play well with others. Was the organization out of control for 14 years with Andy Reid as coach? I dunno, but they won a lot of games in that stretch just never the big one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.