Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford Question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
After Saturday's game, Bradford came out and fully endorsed signing here as the long term QB.

Previous to that, t was very much, "we haven't talked about it, we'll see after the season yadda yadda yadda type stuff"

If you are Bradford, why the change in tune and why at that time?
Zero
He said he didn't want a new offense. Guess what, Sam ... you got a new offense.

I still think the Eagles try to keep him though. Maybe it's a new offense, but he's just getting to know these players and if he moves on he'll have to start from scratch ... unless he returns to St. Louis. unsure.gif
nephillymike
Am I the only one who would like to keep this offense?
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 29 2015, 09:46 PM) *

No, I like the offense. If guys would catch the friggin' ball they would have been much better on offense.

I've always hated the traditional, run a play, huddle, run a play, huddle NFL offense. Never made much sense to me.
PhillySteaks
Odds are badford will be gone...
nephillymike
I didn't say keep the QB, but keep the offense.

I still haven't closed the book on Bradford.

But I really do like this offense.

I don't like that our best offensive players play elsewhere, but I like the offense.
JeeQ
They said Badford's only flaw was that he had no one to pass to in St. Louis... so he was given Cooper, Matthews, and Agholor laugh.gif
Phits
Here is how I see it going down:
- Tag Bradford. Give him a year to acclimate himself to (yet another) new offense. Draft a QB, to learn system that he will be leading in 2017 when Bradford walks.

New coach = new system
New system = new personnel
New personnel = new "fit" at QB
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 30 2015, 02:46 AM) *

Me too, although the lack of audible was a concern.

It should work because the defence doesn't have time to adjust to the offensive line up, and the QB should have the freedom to choose which resultant hole to pick on, whether with a run or a pass.

It didn't because it was too basic and predictable.

Maybe the two can't be reconciled without a Payton Manning calibre QB calling his own plays at the line.
SAM I Am
Keep the offense? You can forget about that. That went out the door with Chip.

Keep Bradford? That will be up to the new Head Coach, and what type of offense he wants to implement.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 30 2015, 03:46 AM) *

I don't want to keep the offense but I do wan to keep components of it.

I think running the offense at that pace every week causes problems for the defense. I also think not allowing the QB to audible at the line is stupid, especially when you consider that the number of plays in the playbook is not very big.

I would like to keep components of this offense for use at the end of the first half and of course in the closing minutes of games that the Eagles are losing.

Joegrane
Not if Shurmur stays as OC or HC.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 29 2015, 09:40 PM) *
He said he didn't want a new offense. Guess what, Sam ... you got a new offense.

I still think the Eagles try to keep him though. Maybe it's a new offense, but he's just getting to know these players and if he moves on he'll have to start from scratch ... unless he returns to St. Louis. unsure.gif

Yikes, Bradford goes back to St Louis and Foles is back in Philly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.