Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howie Roseman back in the picture
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Just heard on Comcast Sports Network that Jeff released a statement not stating that the search for a GM will begin immediately, but that he, Don Smolenski and Howie Roseman will immediately be starting their search for a new Head Coach. Ugh.
Pbfan
How is that bad? I dont see any.evidence that Howie did a bad job. Id say he was good at his job. Not necissarily great, but good. Also, he was a trillion times better than Kellly
nephillymike
To the tune of "The Boys Are Back in Town"

Howie's back in town!!

As far as him and the GM?

He was too divisive and conniving to get back there I would think.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 29 2015, 08:41 PM) *
To the tune of "The Boys Are Back in Town"

Howie's back in town!!

As far as him and the GM?

He was too divisive and conniving to get back there I would think.

I heard Tom Donahoe is now in charge of player/personnel...not Howie.

Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 29 2015, 08:09 PM) *
Just heard on Comcast Sports Network that Jeff released a statement not stating that the search for a GM will begin immediately, but that he, Don Smolenski and Howie Roseman will immediately be starting their search for a new Head Coach. Ugh.

Here it is:
I have made a decision to release Chip Kelly this evening. I spent the last three seasons evaluating the many factors involved in our performance as a team. As I watched this season unfold, I determined that it was time to make a change.

As we move forward, the search for a new head coach will begin and will be led by myself, Don Smolenski and Howie Roseman. To the extent that we are able, we will try to keep you informed as we go through this process.

Pat Shurmur will be our interim coach for the Giants game Sunday.

We have also released Ed Marynowitz, vice president of player personnel. Tom Donahoe, who has been our senior football advisor since 2012, will assume the role of senior director of player personnel.

I am determined and excited to select a new coach to help us obtain our ultimate goal.

Thank you for your consistent and enthusiastic support. It is always appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Lurie
Chairman and CEO
Zero
Sure looks like Howie won that fight. I don't think I want him back at GM though.
mcnabbulous
Howie sucks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.