Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread for the depressed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
1. Tennessee Titans: 3-12 (.492 strength of schedule)
2. Cleveland Browns: 3-12 (.536 SOS)
3. San Diego Chargers: 4-11 (.523 SOS)
4. Dallas Cowboys: 4-11 (.529 SOS)
5. San Francisco 49ers: 4-11 (.552 SOS)
6. Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-10 (.471 SOS)
7. Miami Dolphins: 5-10 (.475 SOS)
8. Baltimore Ravens: 5-10 (.506 SOS)
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 6-9 (.483 SOS)
10. New York Giants: 6-9 (.492 SOS)
11. New Orleans Saints: 6-9 (.508 SOS)
12. Philadelphia Eagles: 6-9 (.513 SOS)
13. Detroit Lions: 6-9 (.536 SOS)
14. Chicago Bears: 6-9 (.544 SOS)
15. Indianapolis Colts: 7-8 (.498 SOS)
16. Buffalo Bills: 7-8 (.510 SOS)
17. Oakland Raiders: 7-8 (.511 SOS)
18. St. Louis Rams: 7-8 (.527 SOS)
19. Atlanta Falcons: 8-7 (.471 SOS)
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: 9-6 (.511 SOS)

As of today, this is the 2016 draft order.

It's bad enough that the team that showed to be clearly the best of the division (if not killed by injuries) will be drafting fourth overall, and maybe higher but that the Eagles will be third in the division to pick if they beat the Giants isn't good news.

The Bucs, Giants and Saints pick ahead of us and the Lions and Colts pick after us but all have the same record going into the final week. Jaguars and Dolphins are one game back. The Saints play Atlanta and the Bucs have Carolina.

Tampa and Miami will be picking ahead of us, but we need the Saints to beat Atlanta and the Bengals to play their backups against B'more. And, of course (this hurts) we need to play our backups against the Giants.

There is nothing to be gained by winning on Sunday ... nothing. If we lose we could be picking in the top 10. I realize that's not a guarantee of getting a good player, but the odds are better. If we win we could drop down to 19th overall.
make_it_rain
Another fun fact:

In addition to the higher draft pick, the loser of Sundays Eagles Giants game will also play a "road" game against the Rams in London.

So in addition to the better draft pick, you and your buddies will now have an excuse to catch a flight across the pond.
PhillySteaks
Start sanchize, and lose the last meaningless game...dont make the same mistake like last yr
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 28 2015, 01:04 PM) *
There is nothing to be gained by winning on Sunday ... nothing.

Which is precisely why our genius will come out, run plays every 18 seconds, and destroy the G-Men, before declaring at the presser that his system works as long as players execute. Then, he'll draft an ILB projected to go in the 4th round with our mid-1st round pick.
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 28 2015, 01:31 PM) *
Another fun fact:

In addition to the higher draft pick, the loser of Sundays Eagles Giants game will also play a "road" game against the Rams in London.

So in addition to the better draft pick, you and your buddies will now have an excuse to catch a flight across the pond.

Eyrie are you listening??

I'm sure they'll need someone to hold down the tents!!
Dreagon
I would have preferred a different draft class to pick so high in. I don't see a single QB that screams "franchise" in the lot. Ezekiel Elliot would be nice to have behind our line, but I don't see us drafting a RB that high. It has a solid class of defensive ends, but the one that's available when you guys pick would have just as good a shot of success as whoever is taken in the top five.
If I were you guys, I would focus on guards. You're probably stuck with Murray for a year or two so you might as well build him some blocking between the tackles...which is where he prefers to run.

Edit: come to think of it, picking at 12 you guys could probably get the top guard in the draft, like Vadal Alexander.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 28 2015, 08:21 PM) *
Which is precisely why our genius will come out, run plays every 18 seconds, and destroy the G-Men, before declaring at the presser that his system works as long as players execute. Then, he'll draft an ILB projected to go in the 4th round with our mid-1st round pick.

hmmm...so you don't like this last draft class? A draft rated by most experts as b or better....maybe you should start a service...

Algohar was well regarded...hard to give up on him...
Hicks? yep....a real bad pick
Rowe....see above...

So they got 3 starters out of it..wait until Davis is gone.....then you will see how much talent is on this defense...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 28 2015, 10:50 PM) *
hmmm...so you don't like this last draft class? A draft rated by most experts as b or better....maybe you should start a service...

Algohar was well regarded...hard to give up on him...
Hicks? yep....a real bad pick
Rowe....see above...

So they got 3 starters out of it..wait until Davis is gone.....then you will see how much talent is on this defense...

Hicks is a good pick. Agholor can't be completely written off yet, but it ain't looking good. Same with Rowe, though he's already known as the guy who got destroyed on national tv by Megatron (obviously that's Davis's and Chip's fault, putting a rookie 2nd stringer one-on-one against the best receiver of the last 5 years).

My comment was more a reference to the Marcus Smith pick, which still haunts us.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 28 2015, 11:50 PM) *
Hicks is a good pick. Agholor can't be completely written off yet, but it ain't looking good. Same with Rowe, though he's already known as the guy who got destroyed on national tv by Megatron (obviously that's Davis's and Chip's fault, putting a rookie 2nd stringer one-on-one against the best receiver of the last 5 years).

My comment was more a reference to the Marcus Smith pick, which still haunts us.

I agree the Marcus Smith pick was a damaging bust but I can't blame Kelly and I think the fact that he got draft authority points to the fact that Howie pushed for that....just a hunch but it certainly seems likely....Lurie does not empower Kelly and castrate Howie if the pick was Kelly's.

Rowe actually got better and better and to be fair.....the 2 TDs were absolute sniper throws against great coverage....and great catches...it is not as if he was beaten.

Rowe showed a lot after becoming a starter
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 29 2015, 02:28 AM) *
Eyrie are you listening??

I'm sure they'll need someone to hold down the tents!!

I may have been to Philadelphia but I've never been to London, so that could be an opportunity.
nephillymike
OK, looking into this draft position thing a little closer:

As of now, Z's info above has us picking 12th.

We are 3.5 point dogs on Sunday.

Assuming all of the favorites win, we would finish 6-10, along with other 6-10 teams:

9. TB 6-10 assuming they lose as a 10 point dog @ CAR (.483 SOS as of now)
10. NO 6-10, assuming they lose as a 5 point dog @ ATL (.508 SOS as of now)
11. PHI 6-10, assuming we lose as a 3 pt dog @ NYG (.513 SOS as of now)
12. DET 6-10, assuming they lose as a 1 pt dog @ CHI (.536 SOS as of now)

So if no change in SOS order, we draft 11th. A change in SOS (see more below), or a win by either TB or NO and we could go as high as 9th.

Now what if this team has a heart and the coaching and desire to win Sunday and we beat the NYG?

We would go to 7-9, tied with the other 7-9 teams:

13. BUF 7-9, assuming they lose as a 2 pt dog at home vs NYJ (.510 SOS as of now)
14. OAK 7-9, assuming they lose as a 7 pt dog @ KC (.511 SOS as of now)
15. PHI 7-9, assuming we upset the NYG as a 3 pt dog (.513 SOS as of now)
16. CHI 7-9, assuming they win as a 1 pt fav. @ home vs DET (.544 SOS as of now)

So if no change in SOS order, we draft 15th, a change in SOS, or a win by BUF or OAK, and we could go as high as 13th.

Lose = 11th most likely (chances of 9, 10 or 12th)
Win = 15th most likely (chances o 13, 14 or 16th)

Now about the SOS situation. If I understand it correctly, it is computed by taking the W-L record of all the teams you've played so far, adding them up, and computing the win% of who you played. I understand that divisional opponents, since you play them twice, are counted twice.

After 15 games in the season, we've played 15 teams who have all played 15 games plus we already know the record of next week's foe. so there are 16 teams x 15 games or 240 games our opponents have played. Same for all teams. If we have a .513 SOS, that would mean their opponents have won .513 x 240 = 123 wins and 117 losses 123-117.

A swing of one win by your opponents, say to 124 for PHI. The SOS is now .517, up from .513, so it is easy to move up and down so SOS is more fluid than you might think.

You can see each win is a swing of .04. So realistically it would be a stretch for us to drop to 12th or 16th on SOS swings, however, it is not a stretch at all to move to 10th in a loss or up to 13th with a win. So our more likely range is 10th-15th.

I question the SOS #'s. If each win is worth .04, how can we have BUF at .510, OAK at .511 and the EAG at .513? Shouldn't the gap be at least .04? I don't know, maybe others will.

To recap, our cheering interests on Sunday:

1. Eagles to Lose
2. NO and/or TB to WIN.

Or if you can't do the Eagles lose thing

1. Eagles to Win
2. BUF and/or OAK to win.

nephillymike
NO is hanging tough.

BUF winning vs. NYJ.

Both good signs.

And most importantly, Billy Davis and his bunch of pussies are doing their share.

Has a DC ever been fired DURING the game?
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Has a DC ever been fired DURING the game?

I'm no Davis fan, but our d/st points over the last couple of years has bailed out our genius's offensive ineptitude more than a few times, including today if we win.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 3 2016, 03:27 PM) *
I'm no Davis fan, but our d/st points over the last couple of years has bailed out our genius's offensive ineptitude more than a few times, including today if we win.

so if my D gives up 44 pts, but i get a def td, we're even?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 3 2016, 03:27 PM) *

While the d/st certainly scored quite a bit you are simply wrong about the scoring capability of Kelly's offense....

The offense was in the top 5 for 2 of his 3 years....that is the offense.......look, we get you don't like Kelly and that is fine but don't confuse facts..
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 05:44 PM) *
While the d/st certainly scored quite a bit you are simply wrong about the scoring capability of Kelly's offense....

The offense was in the top 5 for 2 of his 3 years....that is the offense.......look, we get you don't like Kelly and that is fine but don't confuse facts..

Well, in 2014 we scored 11 d/st touchdowns, I'm only saying that's helped pad the point totals, as 11 is a shit ton for one season. The talent he inherited worked fine and dandy with his offense, but these are his guys now, no? I said he would be a good OC, but someone else needs to put talent on the field for him to work with.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 3 2016, 07:18 PM) *
Well, in 2014 we scored 11 d/st touchdowns, I'm only saying that's helped pad the point totals, as 11 is a shit ton for one season. The talent he inherited worked fine and dandy with his offense, but these are his guys now, no? I said he would be a good OC, but someone else needs to put talent on the field for him to work with.

ok...look at it another way.....the Eagles kicked a ton of FGs....but in 2013 they were 2nd in yds......in 2014 they were 5th...so the offense clearly moved the ball and in 2014 they led the league in Ints thrown and fumbles lost...that is not the coach and that was done by a bunch of Reid guys...except for Sanchez...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.