Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Peters Removes himself from game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
Eskin tweeted the following:

LT Jason Peters pulled himself out of #eagles game in 4th. I'm Told his comment. "I'm not going to get hurt for this"

If Peters was playing hurt in order to help his team win the division, it makes perfect sense to pull himself out once the game was out of reach.

It is not that he was having a very good game anyway.

Reporters are always looking to make a story. I don't see one here. It seems quite Eskin-like.
mcnabbulous
He was pretty bad last night. Was probably in everyone's best interest. JP may be cooked.
Zero
He's been struggling with injuries. Either that shows you're right or a reason for hope that it's just an off year. I'd guess age = injury = great career = leave before you embarrass yourself. Let's hope Chip gets it right.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 27 2015, 11:35 PM) *
LT Jason Peters pulled himself out of #eagles game in 4th. I'm Told his comment. "I'm not going to get hurt for this"

I'm sure that "comment" is complete bullshit.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 28 2015, 06:42 AM) *
He's been struggling with injuries. Either that shows you're right or a reason for hope that it's just an off year. I'd guess age = injury = great career = leave before you embarrass yourself. Let's hope Chip gets it right.

If GM Chip would have gotten it right, he would have traded JP in the off season for a decent draft pick to, you know, build a team. But then again, he probably thought JP was an important piece to the puzzle this year as they made their run for the SB (DTII).

Would have been nice to have gotten a decent draft pick for McCoy also, instead of Alonzo, and then spending 40 million dollars on a running back that you don't use because he doesn't fit into your scheme. Huh?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2015, 10:24 AM) *
If GM Chip would have gotten it right, he would have traded JP in the off season for a decent draft pick to, you know, build a team. But then again, he probably thought JP was an important piece to the puzzle this year as they made their run for the SB (DTII).

Would have been nice to have gotten a decent draft pick for McCoy also, instead of Alonzo, and then spending 40 million dollars on a running back that you don't use because he doesn't fit into your scheme. Huh?

I love you "we should have traded for this" guys....you don't have a flippin clue what trades in the NFL involve...this isn't the MLB......you do not get equal value.....most trades are about money.......as in clearing cap space.....and most teams have great intelligence on the league...they know what you are doing....leverage is low...

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 28 2015, 10:31 AM) *
I love you "we should have traded for this" guys....you don't have a flippin clue what trades in the NFL involve...this isn't the MLB......you do not get equal value.....most trades are about money.......as in clearing cap space.....and most teams have great intelligence on the league...they know what you are doing....leverage is low...

Oh, I see now. We traded for cap space so we could blow 40 mil on Demarco Murray, a guy that he doesn't even use. Gotcha.
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2015, 10:24 AM) *

I may be depressed, but I do know that I don't know if if Peters is done. Actually, I also know that I don't know if Alonso is the Rook of the Year LB or the Coming Off Injury LB who played this year. Just to make it a trifecta, I also know that I don't know if Kelly will succeed in the NFL, either as a coach or as a GM.

There's enough geniuses around here, I'm glad I'm not one of them ... my head might explode. The fuse is burning close enough with just my erratic opinions. wink.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2015, 07:36 AM) *
I'm sure that "comment" is complete bullshit.

As was his comment weeks earlier if he wasn't starting he wasn't playing??
nephillymike
BTW, Marcus Hayes says that Peters hyper-extended his elbow during the game and he thinks the coach took him out of the game.

Karma came back with a vengeance with Peters and Kelce this year.
The Franchise
Even if completely true, so what? We were getting embarrassed at home, out of the playoffs, and frankly, good for him for preserving himself.

Watching Eskin and Chip go at it is fun. Two egomaniacal dumbasses trying to look good for sound bites.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2015, 10:38 AM) *
Oh, I see now. We traded for cap space so we could blow 40 mil on Demarco Murray, a guy that he doesn't even use. Gotcha.

Yes......he traded to clear the nearly 12 million McCoy was set to make in 2015.......maybe if you read before you started typing you might have a clue. Now I may not be the accountant that you are but the last time I checked 21 of 40 is guaranteed.....so your 40 million in cap space starts at an inaccurate point..and when they signed him they certainly did not anticipate not using him.....

and I highly doubt that either Murray or Matthews are going anywhere.....more likely is that the offense changes to accommodate them..
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 28 2015, 10:02 PM) *
Even if completely true, so what? We were getting embarrassed at home, out of the playoffs, and frankly, good for him for preserving himself.

You play to the final whistle. That's why.

If it's true, and the statement is not out of context his ass needs to get cut.
Joegrane
I hope you are wrong but I hear you.

I wonder if he would do better by moving inside to G?

Is there less chance of injury there?

Of course they don't really have a second OT but that might be their plan for their first round pick.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 27 2015, 11:55 PM) *
He was pretty bad last night. Was probably in everyone's best interest. JP may be cooked.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.