Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Many years ago
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
Back in 1969 my young friends and myself received a Coleco vibrating football set. We all had to pick teams and paint our players to the respective teams. I drew 6th pick, at seven years old and not being worldly of sports and all dominant teams then were already picked. I lived in Upstate New York. I picked The Philadelphia Eagles.(they looked cool as can be). Still have my hand painted set. I have never bleed anything but green(Irish Heritage helps). These last few seasons, especially this one makes me sick.
I am just a small guy in a big picture, this season seems to hurt more than any other I can remember.
What to do I don't know, It just needs to change.

I love reading all of your posts. even the not so good ones. Lets all pray for a off season that gets us back on top.

Bruce (The fan from NC)
Dreagon
Oh man I remember those things. I ended up using a lineman piece as a running back because it was the only one that would reliably run straight.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 27 2015, 08:50 PM) *
Oh man I remember those things. I ended up using a lineman piece as a running back because it was the only one that would reliably run straight.

And the Dallas fan is the first one to come forth and tell you how to cheat. LMAO Back then we didn't have the Patriots. laugh.gif
The Franchise
I hear strange/awesome stories on how people become Eagles fans all the time. I was at a bar watching us get annihilated by the Cardinals last week, and the guy next to me was cheering for the Eagles (in Seattle). So I asked him how he became an Eagles fan, turns out he's from Nigeria and when he got here the first football game he ever watched was the Miracle at the Meadowlands 3, he started watching in the 4th quarter and became a fan for life. I didn't follow up with any questions about how he felt cutting DJax.
nephillymike
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 27 2015, 08:36 PM) *
Back in 1969 my young friends and myself received a Coleco vibrating football set. We all had to pick teams and paint our players to the respective teams. I drew 6th pick, at seven years old and not being worldly of sports and all dominant teams then were already picked. I lived in Upstate New York. I picked The Philadelphia Eagles.(they looked cool as can be). Still have my hand painted set. I have never bleed anything but green(Irish Heritage helps). These last few seasons, especially this one makes me sick.
I am just a small guy in a big picture, this season seems to hurt more than any other I can remember.
What to do I don't know, It just needs to change.

I love reading all of your posts. even the not so good ones. Lets all pray for a off season that gets us back on top.

Bruce (The fan from NC)

Great story Bruce.
I'll pray with you.

Remember how the linemen in that game had the old stance with elbows out. And how there was always a few guys that did nothing but go around in circles. And it took like ten minutes to line up for a damn play. And did anyone ever complete a pass in that game? Those being said, I too had fond memories of that game. I remember playing for hours.

Do you remember when the game Monday Night Football came out. You had cards and my offensive call matched up with your defensive call and then the result lit up on the playing field?

Then we got high tech when the Matel electronic football came out, the one with the dashes. Truth be told, about ten years ago, my kids got me that for Christmas and even after 30 years of not playing, I still was able to dominate in Matel!!

Good stuff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.