Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some feelers for bets this week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Wiseguys and Degenerates
nephillymike
I'm glancing at:

Cin -1 vs. Pit

Sea -4 vs. Dal

and just a brief sneak of Was -13 vs. SF but then I say, Was -13, WTF?

Eagles -3.5 is too high for my liking. If it was below 3 I'd prolly take it.

Nothing else catches my eye.

Any opinions?
md717
Well, so far I'm doing pretty well on KC + 1.5. I couldn't call the over/under as it was set at 42 as I recall. Glad I didn't as I was leaning toward the "under" and it's at 40 right now with most of the 4th quarter left to go.

By the way, I'm wicked pissed at DirecTV . . . I can't get this game. GRRRR.

I like the Rams -3 at home vs. the Saints.

The Pack -1.5 is a stone cold lock against MIN, Favre's record in domes notwithstanding. The Vikes are in freefall. Easy $$$$

Take the Colts -15.5 against the Texans. I've given the high points on IND the last two weeks and have won both times.

CIN/PIT -- hard to say. Is Rothlesberger playing? I think he's listed as "probable." Even so . . . CIN-1 at home is a tempting bet . . . still I think I'll stay away from that one.

Eagles - 3.5 vs. Chargers is tempting, given Andy's record after the bye, SD's beat up secondary (thanks AF!) and Andy's record of not losing 2 in a row . . . given that I'm a Philly fan I will probalby pass on this one too.

DET is going to beat CLE -- don't take the +3 the lines are offering, take the better payout instead.

Take WAS -13.5 over SF, as hard as that may be.

I like DAL +4 to beat the Seahags . . . especially now that the Seahags are down a corner and Terry Glenn will run free.

Broncos +2 vs. Giants -- STONE COLD LOCK. BET THE FUCKING RANCH, NANCY!!

I'd lean toward Facons -7 over the Jits, but . . . that's a hard one. Too many points. If it was 6.5 I'd say go for it.

I don't like the Raiders/Bills matchup, Raiders giving 3 away at home. Wierd. What have the Raiders shown to merit that respect? And Moss is out? Steer clear of this one.

I like CHI -1 to beat BAL . . . but that's a ballsy pick that I don't think I'll play. I think I'll wish I had on Monday.
nephillymike
Damn MD,

You got the bug!

What's next? Betting balls and strikes in the World Series? smile.gif
J_Cuz
Here's my bet for the series. Contreras hits Biggio with the first pitch, the fix is in, typical White Sox World Series.

tongue.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 21 2005, 10:55 PM)
Here's my bet for the series. Contreras hits Biggio with the first pitch, the fix is in, typical White Sox World Series.

tongue.gif

Good One!

Did you ever see the movie Eight Men Out?

Pretty Decent.

Hey Cuz, where do you go to watch the games? Any bars? Aren't you in Manayunk?

A tid bit about Biggio. We played him when he was the lead off catcher for Seton Hall. He was a small, fast guy, with a good arm. We ragged him about his size. Hey Smallio, what are you some high school kid?

I'm still thinking of more ball busting lines and he's prepping for his first World Series. Go figure.

I hope he does really well. He seems like a good pro and good example of what a pro should be.
J_Cuz
I live in S Jersey but alot of my crew is over that way and I watch games over there sometimes with coldham and hoodwinkdover but usually indoors.
Maybe we'll meet up at a bar and catch an Eagles game one of these next few if your around.

md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 21 2005, 10:34 PM)
Damn MD,

You got the bug!

What's next? Betting balls and strikes in the World Series? smile.gif

LOL, no thanks.

Hey, how 'bout some feedback on my prognostication?? Where do you think I'm nutty? (Eyrie, leave that opening alone, please!)
nephillymike
The Rams game - Isn't Bulger out. And I think I hear the Saints have won three striaght in Stl.

Packers - I like the Pack, BUT, do players play better after well sexed??

Colts - if I had to pick a side, I'd take the points. A home team won't give up and can always get a late cover to kill your pick. But I don't like the game.

I think Cle beats Detroit. Det seems to be in disarray.

Wash minus the points, I like a little. I may bet that one. Coming off two tough losses Wash wil have plenty of emotion.

Sea-Dall I like the other side. Dall is due for a bad game and Adams absence will help make it happen.

I think Bal beats Chi. I mean we're talking Chi right. I think their D kills Orton.

I like Denver a little and Atlanta is prolly a good pick
md717
The Rams game - Isn't Bulger out. And I think I hear the Saints have won three striaght in Stl.

Yeah -- Bulger is out. Probably better to stay away from this one.

Packers - I like the Pack, BUT, do players play better after well sexed??

Apparently not -- they lost to CHICAGO last week and only put 3 points on the board, allowed CHI to score 28 if my memory serves.

Colts -- yeah, that's a lot of points. But the Texans are HORRIBLE and Indy's D is pretty good. Gave up less than 6 points per game first 5 games before they allowed STL to score 27 or whatever . . . but some of that was in garbage time. I still like it.

CLE/DET -- do we know yet who Mooch is gonna start? Is he gonna start Garcia? You're right tho, that's a risky one. I t hink they break out of their funk this week against a lousy opponent, but . . . they could very well continue in disarray.

Yeah, I don't think I have the balls to take WAS -13.5, but I think it's a good play.

SEA/DAL -- forgot about Adams, thanks. That helps even it up a little, but still . . . I like DAL +4, Parcells always keeps his team in it and I think the ones they've lost have been close, so far.

I can't take BAL to beat CHI -- not after what CHI did to Minnesota (I didn't see that game so I don't know if CHI is that good or MIN is that bad . . . probably the latter) but in any case BAL has shown the ability to self-destruct, what was it . . . week 4 where they had a bazillion and 2 penalties and 2 players ejected?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.