Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Pull a "Herm Edwards" or a "Sam Hinkie"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Do you "play to win the game"

or do you "give tanks"

vs. the NYG next week?

Personally, I call Sam Hinkie and get some tips on tanking and I tank away.

Play all the subs, sit the vets. If you have a black and blue mark, you are too injured to play.

Have to see how many draft spots it would be, but with the crowd at our record, I would think it could be five spots or more.

Anyone?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 27 2015, 10:53 AM) *

or do you "give tanks"

vs. the NYG next week?

Play all the subs, sit the vets. If you have a black and blue mark, you are too injured to play.

Have to see how many draft spots it would be, but with the crowd at our record, I would think it could be five spots or more.

Anyone?

If they were playing to win last night do you really think they need help with tanking?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 27 2015, 11:22 AM) *
If they were playing to win last night do you really think they need help with tanking?

I thought of that, but then I thought that the NYG are equally bad, so a tank may be needed.

Remember, we beat them last year in the same spot.
JeeQ
Knowing Chip we'll come out and blow the Giants away just to piss off every Eagles fan a little more
The Franchise
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 27 2015, 01:02 PM) *
Knowing Chip we'll come out and blow the Giants away just to piss off every Eagles fan a little more

It could fast become a tradition here. Our ex-superstar WR gets to send us home in week 16, and in week 17 Chip comes out, swings his dick, and defeats the Giants, giving legions of idiot fans hope that we're 'turning it around.'
SAM I Am

or do you "give tanks"

vs. the NYG next week?

Anyone?

The last thing I would be telling these players is that we want them to lose the final game of the season on purpose.

Great message to send to the players to end the season. rolleyes.gif
Dreagon
Who would you be "giving tanks" in an effort to reach? From everything I've seen, drafting anywhere in the top 20 in this draft will probably amount to the same thing.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 27 2015, 04:22 PM) *

We have a winner.

Although I wouldn't be averse to giving back ups like Krause, Barner, Smith or Alonso plenty of snaps so that we can evaluate them.
Zero

or do you "give tanks"

vs. the NYG next week?

Anyone?

I can't call it tanking, but it makes sense to play a game that will give players needed game experience and tell you who is staying or going. Winning by itself doesn't serve a purpose.
bwc2112
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2015, 01:58 PM) *
It could fast become a tradition here. Our ex-superstar WR gets to send us home in week 16, and in week 17 Chip comes out, swings his dick, and defeats the Giants, giving legions of idiot fans hope that we're 'turning it around.'

If he comes out swinging anything resembling a Dick I will break out my hedge clippers and cut it off. mad.gif
nephillymike
According to Jody Mac tonight, the difference in a Win or Loss last year was two draft picks.

Because of all the tie breakers and the fact that all of the other games have to happen, and because the other outcomes effects strength of schedule which is used to break the ties, you really don't have to much of an idea what a loss is worth.

I think he said, this year we could be between #6 and #18 depending what happens, which was a bigger range than last year going into the NYG game.

It would be more interesting if we played a night game and knew what a loss was worth.

I mean think about it. To move up from #18 to #12 in a draft, requires a decent pick in a trade.

To move up in EVERY round, it isn't chump change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.