Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This team blows
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
They haven't shown any improvement since the start of the season. Actually, they have gotten worse.

Time for Chip Kelly to go. Bring in a new GM, and have him hire a new Head Coach.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 26 2015, 10:13 PM) *
They haven't shown any improvement since the start of the season. Actually, they have gotten worse.

Time for Chip Kelly to go. Bring in a new GM, and have him hire a new Head Coach.

Do the new GM and HC also get 1 season to build a legitimate contender?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 26 2015, 10:41 PM) *

Please. Chip isn't building shit. He's just attempting to load up in the off season and make a run at it every year. If he is still here next year, and most likely with Lurie 'in charge" that will be the case, expect more of the same shit you got this year.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 26 2015, 10:48 PM) *
Please. Chip isn't building shit. He's just attempting to load up in the off season and make a run at it every year. If he is still here next year, and most likely with Lurie 'in charge" that will be the case, expect more of the same shit you got this year.

So sez you. Thankfully the fans don't make the decisions.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 26 2015, 11:03 PM) *
So sez you. Thankfully the fans don't make the decisions.

You make it sound like he had absolutely no say in what players were on this team the first two years he was here. Do you really believe that?

Poor Chippy, they tied his hands, that is why this team blows.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 27 2015, 03:41 AM) *

That would be the head coach who had already been here two years, so he knew exactly what he already had and what he needed even before he took complete control of the organisation.

That would be the GM who had been with the Eagles for the previous two seasons, knew exactly what the head coach wanted and had complete control of how to deliver it.

So we're judging them at the end of year three, not year one.

Either the head coach doesn't have a clue what personnel he needs, or the GM can't provide the players. Neither is a good omen for the looming off season.

Phits
The ability to necessitate your teams needs is not a job that can be done in a single off-season. If the team is in the same position at this time next year, your argument will be valid.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 27 2015, 05:34 AM) *
That would be the head coach who had already been here two years, so he knew exactly what he already had and what he needed even before he took complete control of the organisation.

That would be the GM who had been with the Eagles for the previous two seasons, knew exactly what the head coach wanted and had complete control of how to deliver it.

So we're judging them at the end of year three, not year one.

Either the head coach doesn't have a clue what personnel he needs, or the GM can't provide the players. Neither is a good omen for the looming off season.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 27 2015, 05:46 PM) *
The ability to necessitate your teams needs is not a job that can be done in a single off-season. If the team is in the same position at this time next year, your argument will be valid.

So my argument will only be valid after year four but not year three?

If Kelly had only been here one year then I'd agree with you that he needs more time. If he'd had five or six successful seasons with us before this fiasco, then I'd be willing to see if he can turn things round.

But at the moment Kelly has neither novelty value nor a track record. I'd be willing to keep him as the head coach only, but there are a lot of holes which he needs to fix in the offseason. It's unlikely that he can address all of them in one go, so the cry this time next year will be that he needs yet more time.
PhillySteaks
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 26 2015, 10:13 PM) *

x2....

What a disaster the kelly era has been.

But he still has lurie and most idiot fanboys fooled....

Embarrassing. ..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.