Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pat Shurmur..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Why has he avoided the finger pointing that Chip and Davis have gotten? I was never a fan of him, and his history isn't favourable for an "offensive minded" coach.
mcnabbulous
Good question. It's just hard to find the line between where he's providing any value with it being Chip's offense.

What is Shurmur responsible for? I seriously have no idea.
Zero
Shurmer was brought in to help Kelly understand the NFL and to help him modify his offense to work in the NFL. He doesn't call plays but probably has input into the game plan. I think Shurmer is evolving to irrelevance and Davis is tunneling his way to extinction.
nephillymike
FWIW, Shurmer seems more upset and beat up by these losses than Chip does.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 22 2015, 01:19 PM) *
Why has he avoided the finger pointing that Chip and Davis have gotten? I was never a fan of him, and his history isn't favourable for an "offensive minded" coach.

All offense success and failure should rightly be placed on Chip. It's the equivalent of blaming Brad Childress way back when.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.