Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Bradford survive the season?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
I did not think he would make it through the 2nd half.......he got murdered most of the night...
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2015, 03:55 PM) *
I did not think he would make it through the 2nd half.......he got murdered most of the night...

I personally believe he showed a lot of moxy and heart throughout the game. Especially when he got knocked out in first half and left for a play, I didn't think we would see him again but he came right back in.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2015, 04:55 PM) *

I honestly felt bad for him. Kelly did him no favors with his idiotic play calling.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 21 2015, 06:21 PM) *
I honestly felt bad for him. Kelly did him no favors with his idiotic play calling.

agreed.....the funny thing is that it was a game for 2 1/2 quarters.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 21 2015, 05:21 PM) *

We could only be so lucky to have you as our playcaller, instead of the unfortunate reality of having two of the best offensive minds in football doing it for the past 16 years.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2015, 10:49 AM) *
We could only be so lucky to have you as our playcaller, instead of the unfortunate reality of having two of the best offensive minds in football doing it for the past 16 years.

While I understand your sentiment I would be a little more reserved.....Kelly is an innovator but it is now hard to argue the point that he has not had a regressive impact on this offense and until he changes that his mantle of "best offensive mind" is in jeopardy. As far as Shurmur goes? He appears to be a manager here.....Kelly calls the shots....and while he has been competent in some aspects of his career he is certainly not one of the "best offensive minds in football". That would be a overestimation of his ability and impact.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2015, 12:18 PM) *
While I understand your sentiment I would be a little more reserved.....Kelly is an innovator but it is now hard to argue the point that he has not had a regressive impact on this offense and until he changes that his mantle of "best offensive mind" is in jeopardy.

I think Kelly's talent evaluation on the offensive side of the ball can be questioned. His offensive strategy still results in WR's constantly running wide open. That tells me a lot.

I'm also primarily pointing out the fact that our resident name changer has been bitching about "play calling" for years. If everyone just simply shared his genius...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2015, 01:29 PM) *
I think Kelly's talent evaluation on the offensive side of the ball can be questioned. His offensive strategy still results in WR's constantly running wide open. That tells me a lot.

I'm also primarily pointing out the fact that our resident name changer has been bitching about "play calling" for years. If everyone just simply shared his genius...

I agree on his philosophy......but the implementation through personnel hurts his credibility....it is a learning process we have to suffer through...

Completely understand and agree on point 2
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2015, 11:49 AM) *

It would certainly be better, that's for sure. I wouldn't have tried a retarded 4th and 1 well within field goal range at the end of the half, and if I did, I would've used the guy I'm paying $40 million and who never fails in that situation. Oh wait, nevermind, you fanboys just get to say 'execution, not ___' and we all have to accept your idiocy. I also would've given Bradford a break from getting constantly slammed by calling a few running plays every now and then.

Your 'offensive genius' has an offense that's put up 20 points per game this year. Adding the 5 d/st td's, we've scored two points more than Kirk Cousin's team, and one point less than the goddam Raiders. He's proven to be a terrible game manager, especially when we actually have a lead late. We're hoping and praying for an 8-8 finish and the chance to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs. Give it up, boy. He's a fraud. Move on to your next man-crush.

Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 23 2015, 01:46 PM) *
Your 'offensive genius' has an offense that's put up 20 points per game this year. Adding the 5 d/st td's, we've scored two points more than Kirk Cousin's team

Washington has been good at home and Cousin's has put together a good season.

and one point less than the goddam Raiders.

I wish we had Carr playing QB for us.

He's proven to be a terrible game manager, especially when we actually have a lead late. We're hoping and praying for an 8-8 finish and the chance to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs. Give it up, boy. He's a fraud. Move on to your next man-crush.

Here's a fact for you execution exceeds all other aspects of the game. Doesn't matter how talented your team is if they don't execute.
Joegrane
Yea, I agree. We are far enough along in the season to say he has been reasonably durable, especially given his injury prone past. He has done that behind a below average O Line with below average WRs.

I have no doubt that Chip plans to have him return.

I also think he'll get offers in free agency; however, why would he go elsewhere?

Is there any doubt that Chip can put together a solid offense around Bradford?

The defense is already not bad and the young talent leaves hope for some upside.

He seems to have an okay relationship with the fans, probably better than McNabb did. ( I'm not a McNabb hater, just pointing out that some players click with Philly fans better than others. The classic example is Mike Schmidt. Philly did not warm up to him until it dawned on them that he was a sure hall of famer! )

I'm not saying I think the Eagles will be an elite team in the coming years but they sure look to be solid playoff contenders in the years when they have average or less impact from injuries.

I assume Bradford will be back and I'm more than okay with that.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2015, 03:55 PM) *

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 23 2015, 07:34 PM) *
I assume Bradford will be back and I'm more than okay with that.

What Bradford has experienced this year is what he escaped in St. Louis. His OL is killing him and his receivers are mediocre at best. Bradford may decide to take less from a team where his chances of walking at age 45 are better. That said, the Eagles have the option of franchising him, but if he doesn't want any parts of that will he rethink his plans for retirement?

That 4th and 1 failure has me really depressed when put into context of everything else that's happened this year. I'm confused how the smartest guy in the room would think that his underachieving, makeshift OL would do the job against a team that obviously saw what was coming and changed their alignment to prevent it. And he didn't use his best short yardage back. This is either incompetence, denial or arrogance, none of which gives me hope for better things next year. And if I think that way, how must Bradford feel?

Would they pay him the franchise money for a one year deal? Would he take it?

I couldn't find the Ben in all the friggin rain. Maybe after a tag team with a sixer of Mad Elf I'll try again.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 23 2015, 08:37 PM) *
This is either incompetence, denial or arrogance, none of which gives me hope for better things next year. And if I think that way, how must Bradford feel?

I think it's a mixture with Chip, arrogance and incompetence taking centre stage, with denial more of a hindsight quality, one he shares with his fanboys. You're fighting for a playoff berth against an 11-2 team at home, with a chance to go into the half down by 4 points, and because of your incompetence, you go for it and telegraph to the world what play is coming. Then, your arrogance causes you to sit the RB who never fails in that situation, to punish him for not bowing before your altar. The momentum shifts, the crowd is taken out of it, and the game ends not too long after.

As for Bradford, this year has always been about him showcasing what he has to offer, and getting a good deal next year. We won't franchise him, and I'm not all that sure he wants to come back anyway. Can't blame him.

Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 23 2015, 09:01 PM) *
You're fighting for a playoff berth against an 11-2 team at home

That's precisely why you go for it on 4th & 1 just before the half.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 23 2015, 09:15 PM) *

Ugh. Fanboy alert.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 23 2015, 01:46 PM) *
Your 'offensive genius' has an offense that's put up 20 points per game this year. Adding the 5 d/st td's, we've scored two points more than Kirk Cousin's team, and one point less than the goddam Raiders. He's proven to be a terrible game manager, especially when we actually have a lead late. We're hoping and praying for an 8-8 finish and the chance to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs. Give it up, boy. He's a fraud. Move on to your next man-crush.

To be fair....his offense was 4th in 2013 and 5th in 2014 so it seems pretty clear it his personnel issues and not his scheme....the fact that they score at all with these WRs is frankly amazing
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 24 2015, 05:02 AM) *
To be fair....his offense was 4th in 2013 and 5th in 2014 so it seems pretty clear it his personnel issues and not his scheme....the fact that they score at all with these WRs is frankly amazing

So Kelly has been badly let down by a GM who doesn't understand what Kelly's offense needs wink.gif

Fire the GM!
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 23 2015, 09:15 PM) *

I think you go for it because your defense had shown absolutely NO signs it was going to stop the opposing team.]

However, I keep wondering why teams don't do what the Patriots ALWAYS do in that situation....rush to the line, snap it immediately, and let the QB sneak it. They ALWAYS do this and it still works. The lame play call there AFTER taking a TO, was just plain stupid.

But I agree with going for it in that situation. If the defense had shown they might be able to stop them, then I kick the FG. But, let's not forget, our kicker hasn't been stellar this season either.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 24 2015, 08:05 AM) *
However, I keep wondering why teams don't do what the Patriots ALWAYS do in that situation....rush to the line, snap it immediately, and let the QB sneak it.

Bryan Stork (NE C) 6'4" listed at 310lbs (probably more...draft weight 315)...a C drafted to 'push'

Jason Kelce (PHL C) 6'3" listed at 295 (probably less...draft weight 280)...a C drafted to 'pull'

both teams drafted for the offense that they run
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 24 2015, 10:19 PM) *
Bryan Stork (NE C) 6'4" listed at 310lbs (probably more...draft weight 315)...a centre drafted to 'push'

Jason Kelce (PHL C) 6'3" listed at 295 (probably less...draft weight 280)...a centre drafted to 'pull'

never typed centre...tried to change it back to american and still centre. so ok, you want 'C'...i can do that too...lol
The Franchise
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 24 2015, 09:19 PM) *
Bryan Stork (NE C) 6'4" listed at 310lbs (probably more...draft weight 315)...a C drafted to 'push'

Jason Kelce (PHL C) 6'3" listed at 295 (probably less...draft weight 280)...a C drafted to 'pull'

Wow what a midget Kelce is rolleyes.gif

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 24 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Wow what a midget Kelce is rolleyes.gif

the question was why dont we go straight up the middle....a light-assed C vs the DL means that the Eagles move left or right at the snap. the question was why cant we do what Tom Brady does. the league and the NE success stated shows it.
The Franchise
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 24 2015, 10:10 PM) *
the question was why dont we go straight up the middle....a light-assed C vs the DL means that the Eagles move left or right at the snap. the question was why cant we do what Tom Brady does. the league and the NE success stated shows it.

I know what the question was - the answer in our case is coaching incompetence. The o-line should have every advantage possible in that situation, and Kelce's so-called 'size deficiency' is ridiculous. Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming, as opposed to pretty much anytime the Pats are running a play.
Aquila
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 25 2015, 02:26 AM) *
never typed centre...tried to change it back to american and still centre. so ok, you want 'C'...i can do that too...lol

I'm just surprised it's taken until now for anyone to notice! I've removed the auto-correct so that "center" will now appear.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Aquila @ Dec 25 2015, 05:19 AM) *
I'm just surprised it's taken until now for anyone to notice! I've removed the auto-correct so that "center" will now appear.

no one noticed?.....it has been like that for months...I thought Mikey asked for that......I recall a post of his.......that is why I never asked..
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 25 2015, 04:41 PM) *
no one noticed?.....it has been like that for months...I thought Mikey asked for that......I recall a post of his.......that is why I never asked..

Mikey is in the clear, although we could agree to blame him anyway ..... biggrin.gif
nephillymike
It was changed because I was complaining about Eyrie spelling things the wrong way, one of which was "centre" instead of "center". He abused his admin privileges and changed it throughout.

At least he didn't change all of the whiles to whilsts
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 25 2015, 03:01 PM) *
It was changed because I was complaining about Eyrie spelling things the wrong way, one of which was "centre" instead of "center". He abused his admin privileges and changed it throughout.

I thought so.....see...I do pay attention to what you say....hahahaha

Merry Christmas to you and your family...
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 25 2015, 08:01 PM) *
It was changed because I was complaining about Eyrie spelling things the wrong way, one of which was "centre" instead of "center".

You do realise that I'd been beaten to it so that "colour" kept appearing as "color"? wink.gif

He abused his admin privileges and changed it throughout.

Guilty as charged ohmy.gif

Now there's an idea ..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.