Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better off not Making Playoffs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Spock
That is how crazy this moron of a coach and GM has me thinking. I'm actually thinking that we are better off losing out for draft pick reasons than winning out and getting our doors blown out in the first round by the Seahawks.

If we lose out, Lurie has to get a real GM in here which will likely be enough for Chip to get on his 10 speed and ride back to New Hampshire.

I think we are better off that way.
JeeQ
From a fan standpoint the Eagles have to win out and make the playoffs even if we're basically asking to get blown away by any team we have face in the wildcard

From a non-fan standpoint the Giants and the Redskins are clearly better teams right now and would make the playoffs more competitive

I honestly think we're going to get a three-way 7-9 tie with us beating WSH then losing to NYG because it's the fucking Eagles
The Franchise
QUOTE (Spock @ Dec 21 2015, 12:25 PM) *
That is how crazy this moron of a coach and GM has me thinking. I'm actually thinking that we are better off losing out for draft pick reasons than winning out and getting our doors blown out in the first round by the Seahawks.

If we lose out, Lurie has to get a real GM in here which will likely be enough for Chip to get on his 10 speed and ride back to New Hampshire.

I think we are better off that way.

Kelly will stay here as long as he wants. Lurie ain't doing shit because fans keep buying tickets and adding to his pile of gold.
Spock
Bet the house on PHL (Money Line) against NYG. That is the kind of game Chip wins --- the kind we need to lose.
Dreagon
Face it, winning the division this year is practically meaningless. The Redskins are champs, and does anybody really believe they belong alongside the other teams that will be playing in January? The simple truth is this year was an anomaly in the NFC East and the last place team rose to the top only due to the struggles of the other three. You guys are a team in a transition year, we are team that had a fragile year, and the Giants somehow got their heads stuck up their ass and couldn't find a way to pull them back out.

I'll be curious to see if the division looks the same next year.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 27 2015, 03:25 PM) *
The simple truth is this year was an anomaly in the NFC East and the last place team rose to the top only due to the struggles of the other three. You guys are a team in a transition year,

How is that you, as a 'hated Cowboys fan' are able to articulate this, yet we Iggles fans think the sky is falling?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.