Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry Davis, the writing's on the wall...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Your D allowed another 40 pt game in the span of 5 games. That's a disgrace.

WTF happened to our run D?
JeeQ
A rookie no less... it seems like every RB is better than our 40 Million Dollar Man
mcnabbulous
If Chip doesn't make a move at DC this offseason, it's proof he doesn't plan on being here for the long haul.
samaroo
I don't think our O did our D any favors today. How many turnovers did we end up with?

Our D wasn't good, just to be clear. But that score was worse than it "should" have been.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 21 2015, 12:23 AM) *
If Chip doesn't make a move at DC this offseason, it's proof he doesn't plan on being here for the long haul.

Any DC worth anything will want to pick his assistants. Will Chip allow that?

With what Agholor is (not) doing, I'd say they need a to replace Bicknell too. Say what you want about Huff, but he should be playing better too.
Phits
QUOTE (samaroo @ Dec 21 2015, 12:37 AM) *
I don't think our O did our D any favors today. How many turnovers did we end up with?

Our D wasn't good, just to be clear. But that score was worse than it "should" have been.

The score was better than it should have been. Arizona had a mild case of the dropsies.
Reality Fan
Kelly lost that game at the end of the first half....either take the FG or put Murray in for the one thing he has done well.....

His pigheadedness changed a game that would have been tied going into the half and a team with all the momentum to a demoralized mess.....you think the players don't notice that move?

ANd Davis is not good enough to coach them out of it....
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 21 2015, 12:23 AM) *

I'm confused now. Are we talking about Chip the GM or Chip the Head Coach? unsure.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2015, 09:03 AM) *
Kelly lost that game at the end of the first half....either take the FG or put Murray in for the one thing he has done well.....

His pigheadedness changed a game that would have been tied going into the half and a team with all the momentum to a demoralized mess.....you think the players don't notice that move?

ANd Davis is not good enough to coach them out of it....

After paying Murray 40 Million to do one thing, and then having the perfect situation for him where he happens to be 100% successful at you don't play him...

What the fuck! His arrogance drives me fucking insane... and I pray it's arrogance otherwise he's the stupidest son of a bitch on the planet
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 21 2015, 12:48 PM) *
After paying Murray 40 Million to do one thing, and then having the perfect situation for him where he happens to be 100% successful at you don't play him...

What the fuck! His arrogance drives me fucking insane... and I pray it's arrogance otherwise he's the stupidest son of a bitch on the planet

I wish you were wrong but I am with you.......either way it is inexcusable.....just plain bad....
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 22 2015, 12:19 AM) *
The score was better than it should have been. Arizona had a mild case of the dropsies.

That is also true.
Rick
I just don't want to hear any more of these, "the D has really improved this season," posts. The D never improved. It played better for a few games, other than that, it's been the same thing..giving up points after points after points.

Davis needs to go.
samaroo
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 22 2015, 10:09 AM) *
I just don't want to hear any more of these, "the D has really improved this season," posts. The D never improved. It played better for a few games, other than that, it's been the same thing..giving up points after points after points.

Davis needs to go.

Well, if you don't want to hear it... rolleyes.gif
Reality Fan
The season rankings say it all......they are near the bottom in pts...yards...rushing yds allowed...passing yards allowed..

Davis is terrible
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 21 2015, 10:19 AM) *

Maybe that was Bradford's fault too......lol

Arizona was due for some.....for a team that throws downfield as much as they do I am surprised they did not have more....

perhaps it was just contagious in Philly and they got the bug...
samaroo
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2015, 12:25 PM) *
The season rankings say it all......they are near the bottom in pts...yards...rushing yds allowed...passing yards allowed..

Davis is terrible

It is my opinion that per game stats aren't very telling, especially for defense, ESPECIALLY especially for OUR defense. Our season numbers overall are middling, but they were top 5 in most categories for the first half of this season. There is no doubt that they have fallen from there with the up-and-down efforts the last 6 games. I don't have access to any stats right now (shh, I'm working, don't tell the boss) but I'll try to dig them up later.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Our O sucks out loud goes so fast that it skews the numbers when viewed per game. I've found that per drive stats tend to be more credible. Again, my opinion.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 21 2015, 12:48 PM) *

Now this one I'm not confused about. This one is Chip the GM, then Chip the Head Coach.
Rick
QUOTE (samaroo @ Dec 22 2015, 01:55 AM) *
It is my opinion that per game stats aren't very telling, especially for defense, ESPECIALLY especially for OUR defense. Our season numbers overall are middling, but they were top 5 in most categories for the first half of this season. There is no doubt that they have fallen from there with the up-and-down efforts the last 6 games. I don't have access to any stats right now (shh, I'm working, don't tell the boss) but I'll try to dig them up later.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Our O sucks out loud goes so fast that it skews the numbers when viewed per game. I've found that per drive stats tend to be more credible. Again, my opinion.

It amazes me that anyone still defends this defense. Stats are telling. Stats don't lie. Again, the ONLY stat that REALLY matters with defense is the amount of points given up. This defense is horrible at that (currently ranked 27th). They have been HORRIBLY at this for all of the seasons Davis has been the DC here in Philly. He has been horrible at this EVERY year he's been a DC (never finished above 25th in points against).

Blaming the defense sucking on the offense makes little/no sense. I guess that first drive the other night was the offense's fault? I guess they had already been on the field too long? Or were the next few drives all the offense's fault even though the offense was moving the ball and not going 3 and out every time?

Please, tell me ONE thing this defense is doing well right now (besides giving up points and running yards at a ridiculous pace). This defense has talent. But that talent is NOT being used correctly. Why do we STILL have our CBs playing off the receivers 10 yards? Why not play press coverage. When they play press coverage, they seem to do a much better job at covering receivers. Even Kelly has mentioned that in press conferences. But I still see the guys back 10 yards on 3rd and 5 constantly.

This defense is horrible and those few games they didn't give up a ton of points earlier in the season were an illusion. Go back and watch how many QBs were missing wide open receivers or how many drops against us there were. Hell, the game the other night would have been much worse if Az hadn't had so many drops (one for a TD on the first play of the game and one in the endzone later come to mind).

I see absolutely NOTHING this defense is doing well and that's on coaching. Davis has never shown he can be a top-flight DC and he's certainly not shown it here after almost 3 seasons.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Dec 22 2015, 01:55 AM) *

There numbers were decent in the first half....but they were not top 5......that being said...you need to look at the entirety of the season. They have surrendered 20 or more points for 8 straight games.....
samaroo
Oh, I get that RF. I'm not discounting games or stats, and I don't really have an agenda. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just telling you how I see it. But they were so good early. Our D was one of the top Ds in the league. It's just frustrating to see the steep regression late in the year. But we had sustained success for the first half, so I know it's possible.

Rick, I'm not blaming the O for the Ds recent ineptitude. But just looking at points given up (or any one stat, really) doesn't tell the whole story. Our O moves fast, so the other O will have more than the average opportunities. Also, our O moves fast AND doesn't convert 3rd downs, so they will have a lot more opportunities on O. So our numbers will be skewed up. That's all I'm saying.

Per drive stats, in my opinion, are more telling. Our per drive stats in the first half of the year were really good. Having said that, our stats now (of any kind) are terrible. This is not the same D we had early. Which is frustrating.

I wish this whole team would just decide who they were. Every team every year has an outlier game; they beat a team they shouldn't or lose a game they should dominate. But we've been so crazily all-over-the-board that none of the data seems statistically relevant. Who the hell is this team? Are we the bums who played TB? Are we the gritty team that hung with CAR? Are we the opportunistic team that beat NE? I wish they would just pick a persona and be that so I can set my expectations accordingly.
Rick
Well, I can't agree that this defense was ever REALLY good for more than a game. They were slightly better than last year (earlier this season) but, again, a lot of that was luck.

And points against is the most telling stat you can have as a defense. If you don't give up a lot of points, that's a good thing. If you don't give up a lot of yards but still give up too many points, that's a bad thing.

But I totally agree with you on the lack of identity for this team. I never know which Eagles team will show up. How do you go from getting your ass beaten by two of the worst teams in the NFL to beating one of the best teams and now we're back to being beaten badly--at least by one of the better teams this time.

I don't like our chances on Saturday but who knows....
Reality Fan
Another condemnation of Davis and his "scheme".......besides Patrick Chung.......how is that Kurt Coleman can suddenly play safety elsewhere....with 7 picks, no less......

The more you dig into it the more you scratch your head....Davis has to have pictures of Kelly or Kelly and him are lovers.....all the doubts raised when he was hired have come true....
samaroo
I take it back. Our D sucks. I can't believe they allowed this many points. Total garbage. Not our offense's fault at all.
Eyrie
Three years of Bill Davis as defensive co-ordinator.

Three years of the defence not doing its job.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.