Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chances for Eagles to Make Playoffs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
Check out this calculator of the Eagles's chances to make the playoffs.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/up...nyg-phi-17=loss

Essentially if the Eagles beat the Skins and Giants they are in. The game vs Cards is not very meaningful.

If the Eagles beat Giants and Cards but loose to the Skins they only have a 35% chance of winning the division.

If they beat Skins and Cards but loose to the Giants they have a just a 65% chance of winning the division.

mcnabbulous
The 65% scenario is still pretty good. I think if we beat the Skins, we are in.
nephillymike
Awesome site, thanks!

I look at it this way:

We are not going 3-0 and aren't going 0-3.

That leaves the two middle scenarios:

If we go 2-1, here is the breakdown by team we lose to:

ARI = 99%
NYG = 68%
WAS = 34%

If we go 1-2, here is the breakdown by team we beat:

WAS = 30%
NYG = <1%
ARI = <1%

So only beat WAS = 30%
Beat WAS and NYG = 99%
Beat ARI and WAS = 68%
Beat ARI and NYG = 34%

WAS game is huge. I think we go 1-2 and beat WAS. Assumes everyone has something to play for, including NYG.

a 30% shot is still a shot.

We'll see.
Joegrane
Giants are at home vs Panthers and Vikings. If they loose those two and the Eagles beat the Skins I assume they would be out of it by the time they host the Eagles. Am I wrong?

If the Eagles beat the Skins and Giants it will feel like they earned the division.

It will also have them headed to the playoffs with some momentum and confidence. Maybe they could steal a win in a home wildcard game.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 18 2015, 11:31 PM) *

WAS game is huge. I think we go 1-2 and beat WAS. Assumes everyone has something to play for, including NYG.

JeeQ
2-1 with wins over WSH and NYG
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 18 2015, 10:16 PM) *
The game vs Cards is not very meaningful.

Umm yes, calculator be damned, going 6-8 while the Redskins go to 7-7 is pretty fucking meaningful. We have to assume they beat Dallas in week 17, regardless of whether we beat them.
Zero
Beating three good teams in three weeks is pretty meaningful and confidence building.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 20 2015, 02:19 PM) *
Umm yes, calculator be damned, going 6-8 while the Redskins go to 7-7 is pretty fucking meaningful. We have to assume they beat Dallas in week 17, regardless of whether we beat them.

This
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.