Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford as FA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
How do you feel about this:
Bradford was peppered with questions Wednesday about his impending free agency, and was given multiple opportunities to say his preference was to re-sign with the Eagles.

He passed on every chance.

When asked flat out if it was his preference to come back to the Eagles, Bradford offered a lukewarm response.

"I'm not worried about that right now," Bradford said, "so I can't really give you an answer."

When asked if he wanted to test the free agency market, Bradford didn't deny he would.
Here ...

I understand it's a business and he has to get the best deal he can get. But it seems like there should be at least a political answer. Maybe he doesn't like Kelly or the offense. Maybe he doesn't like us. Maybe he thinks his shit doesn't stink. He doesn't seem to get Philadelphia.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 17 2015, 08:35 AM) *
Here ...

I understand it's a business and he has to get the best deal he can get. But it seems like there should be at least a political answer. Maybe he doesn't like Kelly or the offense. Maybe he doesn't like us. Maybe he thinks his shit doesn't stink. He doesn't seem to get Philadelphia.

Meh.

I'm not hugely concerned. I'm sure we'll try to sign him at a reasonable contract. I'm also sure we won't break the bank for him.

If he leaves, we'll obviously need to either draft someone, or bring someone in, but I don't see Bradford as better than an average starting QB in the NFL (anywhere from 12th best to 20th best depending on the season). If may be hard to find someone better, but I'm more than willing to try, should he prove to be too expensive.
HobbEs
No biggie. If Bradford leaves it would give Chip more reason to go after Kaepernick who better fits the offense anyway.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 17 2015, 08:19 AM) *
No biggie. If Bradford leaves it would give Chip more reason to go after Kaepernick who better fits the offense anyway.

Please god no.
nd9kel
Anyone who thinks Bradford is going to say anything more than he did is full-on retard.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2015, 04:08 PM) *
Please god no.

Right?

I'd almost rather have Geno Fucking Smith.

ALMOST...
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 17 2015, 08:35 AM) *
Here ...

After seeing this post, I wish I would have "watched" the whole piece. This much I can tell you. I most definitely heard the words, "I like it here", come out of his mouth as I was passing by the tv. I have a feeling this reporter had already decided what he wanted to report, and if he didn't hear words coming out of Bradford's mouth that refuted that, then that was just fine by him, story written.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 17 2015, 12:23 PM) *
After seeing this post, I wish I would have "watched" the whole piece. This much I can tell you. I most definitely heard the words, "I like it here", come out of his mouth as I was passing by the tv. I have a feeling this reporter had already decided what he wanted to report, and if he didn't hear words coming out of Bradford's mouth that refuted that, then that was just fine by him, story written.

You are spot on....Bradford also said he liked it here a lot.......the piece was selective reporting......typical in the Philly media to create a non-story.....Les Bowen asked him directly and he was clear in his answer....a fact not mentioned in his story
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2015, 11:08 AM) *
Please god no.

Agreed. No Manziel either.
Phits
Whether Bradford bolts or not, we need to bring in as many QB's as it takes to find the right one. That may or may not be CKap, RG3 or Manziel.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 17 2015, 11:57 AM) *
Whether Bradford bolts or not, we need to bring in as many QB's as it takes to find the right one. That may or may not be CKap, RG3 or Manziel.

It's not those guys.
Dreagon
Denver has their promising young QB about to become a free agent too. If I were you guys I would at least consider giving him a look if Bradford is playing hard to get.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 17 2015, 03:33 PM) *
Denver has their promising young QB about to become a free agent too. If I were you guys I would at least consider giving him a look if Bradford is playing hard to get.

Denver is likely to cut Manning and sign Osweiler.....Manning is owed a ton of money and I would be surprised if he would renegotiate it......if they cut him they save 19 million.....
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 17 2015, 06:57 PM) *
Denver is likely to cut Manning and sign Osweiler.....Manning is owed a ton of money and I would be surprised if he would renegotiate it......if they cut him they save 19 million.....

If Osweiler finishes strong, he may decide to test the waters in free agency. Of course Denver could franchise him, but franchising a QB would mean saying bye-bye to that money they would be saving.
nephillymike
I liked his somewhat tongue in cheek remark about how he loves it here, we have won two in a row!! Insinuating that it is not loving when we lose.

I would be devastated if he left to take $18M a year elsewhere.

Calling Z
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 17 2015, 09:38 PM) *
I liked his somewhat tongue in cheek remark about how he loves it here, we have won two in a row!! Insinuating that it is not loving when we lose.

I would be devastated if he left to take $18M a year elsewhere.

Calling Z

Are you asking for the sarcasm meter again?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 18 2015, 06:37 AM) *
Are you asking for the sarcasm meter again?

well, if it's available it may be appropriate biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.