Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seems Matthews was/is injured
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Has a back issue. Probably why his production has declined. Here ...
D Rock
Maybe if he stopped celebrating each routine catch as if it were a super bowl win, his back would hurt less.

Then again, considering those cinder blocks at the end of his arms, he calls hands . . . I suppose each simple catch he doesn't drop is worth a big celebration.

Jordan fucking Matthews fucking SUCKS.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 16 2015, 11:16 AM) *
Maybe if he stopped celebrating each routine catch as if it were a super bowl win, his back would hurt less.

Then again, considering those cinder blocks at the end of his arms, he calls hands . . . I suppose each simple catch he doesn't drop is worth a big celebration.

Jordan fucking Matthews fucking SUCKS.

He`s only as good as his QB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 16 2015, 12:56 PM) *

Yet you still argue that DJax "didn't show up" in our playoff game against the Saints. You can't have it both ways.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 16 2015, 01:56 PM) *

Now this is plain stupid......Bradford has put so many passes right in his hands....some he catches...some he clubs...and some he bats to the other team.....the film doesn't lie
nd9kel
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 16 2015, 12:56 PM) *

I beg your pardon, don't you remember the easy catches he's dropped, starting with late in the Atlanta game?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 16 2015, 02:27 PM) *
Yet you still argue that DJax "didn't show up" in our playoff game against the Saints. You can't have it both ways.

I don't "still argue it". I haven't discussed his disappearing act in years. Since you choose to bring it up, here are the facts; Djax had a a stellar season with Foles as QB. Consider that Riley Cooper (6-68) out gained Jackson (3-53) in that game makes you wonder what happened "MeSean Jackson".

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 16 2015, 03:03 PM) *
Now this is plain stupid......Bradford has put so many passes right in his hands....some he catches...some he clubs...and some he bats to the other team.....the film doesn't lie

Your point being? Bradford stunk up the joint for nearly half a season, with inexplicable decisions (poor throws, bad INT's etc.). Just because you choose to invent stats by increasing drop totals doesn't make it true.

QUOTE (nd9kel @ Dec 16 2015, 04:32 PM) *
I beg your pardon, don't you remember the easy catches he's dropped, starting with late in the Atlanta game?

I absolutely remember the easy passes he has dropped. I also remember the easy throws that Bradford failed to make (there have been numerous times where he opted for a more difficult throw to a covered receiver) as well as the bone headed INT's.

I am not arguing that JMatthews is an All-Pro receiver, he is far from it. However, he has a high work ethic and has (seemingly) regressed this season...even though he is on point to have similar stats to last season. Clearly there has been a communication issue between the QB (Bradford) and ALL of his receivers.
Zero
This is a really tough crowd. Matthews has had a challenging year but it's a stretch to say he sucks or anything resembling that IMO. I've heard of something called a sophomore slump, he's not a #1 to begin with and he was expected to be the go to receiver as a second year player. Disappointing year, yes. The point of the post was that his poor performance against the Bills could very well have at least been partially due to a bad back.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 16 2015, 06:56 PM) *

Right? It sucks when the QB puts the balls right on your damned hands as a wide receiver. Time after time. Game after game. I hate that.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 17 2015, 01:09 AM) *
This is a really tough crowd. Matthews has had a challenging year but it's a stretch to say he sucks or anything resembling that IMO. I've heard of something called a sophomore slump, he's not a #1 to begin with and he was expected to be the go to receiver as a second year player. Disappointing year, yes. The point of the post was that his poor performance against the Bills could very well have at least been partially due to a bad back.

Not a stretch at all. You don't drop 3 balls a game, every game, and get to deny you suck. Add to it his new habit of celebrating the rare catches he actually hangs on too, and he's looking A LOT like Fred Ex to my eyes.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 17 2015, 11:53 AM) *
Right? It sucks when the QB puts the balls right on your damned hands as a wide receiver. Time after time. Game after game. I hate that.

or when the QB see's the open receiver and chooses to throw it to the other team.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 17 2015, 05:02 PM) *
or when the QB see's the open receiver and chooses to throw it to the other team.

I've seen my scenario play out 20-30 times this season. Ive seen your scenario play out 3-4 times.

Hang your hat on that, all ya like. Wont be the first time you've sided with stupid.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 17 2015, 12:06 PM) *
I've seen my scenario play out 20-30 times this season. Ive seen your scenario play out 3-4 times.

I'll take a few dropped passes over (multiple) bonehead INT's, including several in the end zone. There is the little fact that our QB's rank dead last in the league when it comes to red zone performance (50.3).

Red Zone Futility Linc

Then again who needs facts when the world according to DRock allows you to make up your own.
mcnabbulous
We continue to have more than a few dropped passes. The boneheaded interceptions seem to have been mitigated in recent weeks.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 17 2015, 05:55 PM) *
Then again who needs facts when the world according to DRock allows you to make up your own.

LMAO

Sure. I'm making up the fact that our receivers are dropping 3-5 balls each and every game. It's completely just my imagination. On key third downs. In the end zone and (GASP) red zone.

laugh.gif

Sam must have fucked your sister or something. You got your wish. You wanted Senior Butt Fumble. Look what that got you.

Jordan fucking Matthews is a fraud. Fred-Ex "the sequel".

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 17 2015, 12:33 PM) *
Jordan fucking Matthews is a fraud. Fred-Ex "the sequel".

I don't think it's quite that bad. He's just a limited athlete. He's basically a possession receiver, but he's got this pretty bad problem of not being great at the possession part. It seems to have gotten a little better in recent weeks. The guy doesn't have #1 receiver potential though.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2015, 02:25 PM) *
He's basically a possession receiver, but he's got this pretty bad problem of not being great at the possession part.

Best line you have ever had here.....and sadly true
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 17 2015, 12:02 PM) *

hmmm...so even with the grossly undercounted drop stat in the NFL the Eagles have the highest drop % and 27 drops....Bradford has 11 INTs (4 of which where batted by Eagles WRs into the hands of the defense.....5 if you count Celeks)

and those are not invented statistics....

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 17 2015, 01:33 PM) *
Sure. I'm making up the fact that our receivers are dropping 3-5 balls each and every game. It's completely just my imagination. On key third downs. In the end zone and (GASP) red zone.

The California smog must have clouded your brain. Your lack of common sense used to be your best trait. It was fun to laugh at the dumb sh*t you say and your pathetic attempt to bully those who have a different opinion than yours. However, you seem to be in need of a remedial math program: "3-5 balls each and every game" = 39-65. The actual stat for Eagles dropped passes is 27, which is quite different than the make believe numbers you have been touting.

Sam must have fucked your sister or something. You got your wish. You wanted Senior Butt Fumble. Look what that got you.

Maybe Mark gave your mother a Dirty Sanchez. I wanted better than Bradford was offering. You were satisfied with his piss poor play.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2015, 02:25 PM) *
I don't think it's quite that bad. He's just a limited athlete.

So we have a limited QB throwing to a limited WR. One gets a pass, with a ton of excuses. The other is being compared to FredEx. They both have the "potential" to be good. Bradford gets praised for having slightly better than mediocre performances

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 17 2015, 03:28 PM) *
hmmm...so even with the grossly undercounted drop stat in the NFL the Eagles have the highest drop % and 27 drops....Bradford has 11 INTs (4 of which where batted by Eagles WRs into the hands of the defense.....5 if you count Celeks)

and those are not invented statistics....

How are you arriving at this (invented) "undercounted drop stat"? Do you just pull numbers out of the air like DRock? Could you come up with a stat for the number of dropped passes by the opposing defense?
D Rock
lmao. I can smell the stupid coming off of you all the way out here in beautiful southern california.

If the NFL is crediting the eagles "receivers" with 27 drops, you can bet the number is twice that.

Get a clue, numb nutz.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 17 2015, 06:54 PM) *
So we have a limited QB throwing to a limited WR. One gets a pass, with a ton of excuses. The other is being compared to FredEx. They both have the "potential" to be good. Bradford gets praised for having slightly better than mediocre performances

How are you arriving at this (invented) "undercounted drop stat"? Do you just pull numbers out of the air like DRock? Could you come up with a stat for the number of dropped passes by the opposing defense?

A few things here.....to respond to your idiotic comments...

1. Bradford was limited by to consecutive torn ACLs....these WRs were not...see how that works? Unless I missed Matthews tearing his ACLs the last 2 years AND not playing in this offense last year? Did I? I think not

2. Is reading that difficult for you? The dropped stat is a fact and you can look that up easily....my point is that the number they give the Eagles is 27 and I simply stated that if you use that number our WRs lead the league in drop %....I personally think that number is woefully low....after a game where the Eagles had 8 drops the stat increased by 3 hence the description as undercounted.....see how that works.....the stat is real.....but the Eagles have far more drops than that....

It is really not fun having to explain simple concepts to a feeble mind but thank you for helping me work on my patience with the feeble minded
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 17 2015, 07:22 PM) *
lmao. I can smell the stupid coming off of you all the way out here in beautiful southern california.

If the NFL is crediting the eagles "receivers" with 27 drops, you can bet the number is twice that.

Get a clue, numb nutz.

Well since we are making up stats, why don't we just double the receiving yards and win totals. ka.gif

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 17 2015, 07:48 PM) *
1. Bradford was limited by to consecutive torn ACLs....these WRs were not...see how that works? Unless I missed Matthews tearing his ACLs the last 2 years AND not playing in this offense last year? Did I? I think not

Is it possible that the WR's were also limited by Bradford's shitty play? The rest of your point is moronic.

2. Is reading that difficult for you? The dropped stat is a fact and you can look that up easily....my point is that the number they give the Eagles is 27 and I simply stated that if you use that number our WRs lead the league in drop %....I personally think that number is woefully low....after a game where the Eagles had 8 drops the stat increased by 3 hence the description as undercounted.....see how that works.....the stat is real.....but the Eagles have far more drops than that....

I am asking for the facts and not your uneducated opinion. For example, which game did the Eagles record 8 drops and the stat only increase by 3? What evidence do you have to support this claim? or is it just your opinion? I'll answer it for you, it's make believe from your feeble mind.

Here's a fact for you, Since becoming an NFL QB Bradford's receiving corp have been among the league leaders in dropped passes. I am sure it's because all of his receivers have sucked horribly, but there has to be some culpability (for him) in this trend. Maybe he's just cursed. He's seen a once fluid offense become stagnant. He's seen a former Pro-Bowl centre become a turnstile.

It is really not fun having to explain simple concepts to a feeble mind but thank you for helping me work on my patience with the feeble minded

I'm sure things seem black and white for you when you make up facts to suit your argument. I was going to call you feeble minded but it's closer to psychotic. You have a reputation for challenging posters to contradict your made up facts/stats, and when they do you simply make up new ones and repeat irrelevant points and then crown yourself champion. Well good luck with that, you are the reigning "Made Up Stat Champion".
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 18 2015, 09:55 AM) *
Well since we are making up stats, why don't we just double the receiving yards and win totals. ka.gif

Is it possible that the WR's were also limited by Bradford's shitty play? The rest of your point is moronic.

I am asking for the facts and not your uneducated opinion. For example, which game did the Eagles record 8 drops and the stat only increase by 3? What evidence do you have to support this claim? or is it just your opinion? I'll answer it for you, it's make believe from your feeble mind.

Here's a fact for you, Since becoming an NFL QB Bradford's receiving corp have been among the league leaders in dropped passes. I am sure it's because all of his receivers have sucked horribly, but there has to be some culpability (for him) in this trend. Maybe he's just cursed. He's seen a once fluid offense become stagnant. He's seen a former Pro-Bowl centre become a turnstile.

I'm sure things seem black and white for you when you make up facts to suit your argument. I was going to call you feeble minded but it's closer to psychotic. You have a reputation for challenging posters to contradict your made up facts/stats, and when they do you simply make up new ones and repeat irrelevant points and then crown yourself champion. Well good luck with that, you are the reigning "Made Up Stat Champion".

Wow..you really are a complete moron...

I will type this slowly so you get it...

I willingly step away from my opinion of the accuracy of the recorded drop stat used by the NFL and use that stat (regardless of whether I think it is flawed) to make my point. Do you get that...I am not using my eyes after watching the replays of all the games I have DVR'd......So there is no made up stat...I use the stat compiled by Sporttrac....get it? Or are you contesting their "made up" stat?

Maybe it is my fault for not making clear enough for a 5 year old to understand.

The irony is that you in turn used the vague..."among league leaders" to discredit Bradford as the reason for the dropped passes...but guess what?

2010 5 teams had more drops......including the Pats(who went 14-2) ....hmmmm...Maybe is was Brady's fault?
2012 Bradford plays all 16 games and the Rams have 25 drops ranking them 25TH! is that a league leader?

How is that for facts? ANd I am the one making things up?....now I understand why D thinks you are a clown....
The Franchise
Sam must have fucked your sister or something.

If you're going to use my lines, at least give me a shout out.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 18 2015, 12:30 PM) *
Wow..you really are a complete moron...

I will type this slowly so you get it...

I willingly step away from my opinion of the accuracy of the recorded drop stat used by the NFL and use that stat (regardless of whether I think it is flawed) to make my point. Do you get that...I am not using my eyes after watching the replays of all the games I have DVR'd......So there is no made up stat...I use the stat compiled by Sporttrac....get it? Or are you contesting their "made up" stat?

Where is the link for the stat? You're spouting more bullshit. The next thing your lying ass will say is that your best friend who plays and coaches in the NFL gave you a link, that you can't share.

2010 5 teams had more drops......including the Pats(who went 14-2) ....hmmmm...Maybe is was Brady's fault?

The fact that you use Brady to compare with Bradford in any measurable stat takes away the little credibility you may have had from all of the BS that originates within your feeble mind.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 20 2015, 11:41 PM) *
Where is the link for the stat? You're spouting more bullshit. The next thing your lying ass will say is that your best friend who plays and coaches in the NFL gave you a link, that you can't share.

The fact that you use Brady to compare with Bradford in any measurable stat takes away the little credibility you may have had from all of the BS that originates within your feeble mind.

You really are that damn stupid....I gave you the site name...

Here is the link:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/te...ercentage/2015/

And you could not leave well enough alone so let me recap...

I cite a statistic...you call me on it and I provide the site and now the link...

You make up some silliness...Bradford teams leading the league in drops ever since he was in the league and I provide proof that you are fool of shit with the statistical information to boot...

And you still have the nuts to continue...that is confirmation of your estimated brain power....wow...

As far as Brady goes.....I did not compare him to Bradford.....I demonstrated that even the great ones have seasons with plenty of drops.....dumbass......wow

And I have credibility issues? before you get into a debate make sure you do 1 of 2 things...either have a clue what you are talking about or check your facts....plenty of sites....NFL.com.....pro football reference.....PFF....plenty out there...

They will make you look less stupid.....and you need all the help you can get in that department.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2015, 12:13 PM) *
You really are that damn stupid....I gave you the site name...

Here is the link:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/te...ercentage/2015/

And you could not leave well enough alone so let me recap...

I cite a statistic...you call me on it and I provide the site and now the link...

Thanks Chuckles. That's the site that I provided in a much earlier post. You will note that the numbers are in line with what I told you and not the bullshit inflated stats that your magical DVR provides.

You make up some silliness...Bradford teams leading the league in drops ever since he was in the league and I provide proof that you are fool of shit with the statistical information to boot...

Your reading comprehension needs work. I said that with Bradford as the QB his team's have been among the league leaders in dropped passes.

As far as Brady goes.....I did not compare him to Bradford.....I demonstrated that even the great ones have seasons with plenty of drops.....dumbass......wow

The great ones can overcome adversity, that's what makes them great.

And I have credibility issues?

Yes, you do. It shouldn't be a question, it's a statement. Your rants lack focus. Here it is in a nutshell:
You believe that the official dropped stat total for the Eagles is woefully low. To support your argument you use the percentage of dropped passes vs the credited number wacko.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 21 2015, 12:35 PM) *
Thanks Chuckles. That's the site that I provided in a much earlier post. You will note that the numbers are in line with what I told you and not the bullshit inflated stats that your magical DVR provides.

What is so hard for you to get? I used their stat...whether I agree with it, I used their number....are you that stupid?

Your reading comprehension needs work. I said that with Bradford as the QB his team's have been among the league leaders in dropped passes.

And I provided the fact that in 2012 the Rams, with Bradford as a starter for all 16 games had the 7 th fewest passes dropped in the league......see how that works? In other words...you were full of shit.....and that is not supposition...that is statistically proved rather than your fabrication of a stat....ironic isn't it? check the dictionary for hypocrisy

Yes, you do. It shouldn't be a question, it's a statement. Your rants lack focus. Here it is in a nutshell:
You believe that the official dropped stat total for the Eagles is woefully low. To support your argument you use the percentage of dropped passes vs the credited number wacko.gif

You are well and truly daft.......I lack focus?....when I make a point I use statistics to back up whatever can be verifiable.....

lets recap.
I use a stat that shows the drop issue with the Eagles....you apparently only seize on the fact that I think the number is woefully low and you accuse me of making up a stat even though I am using a stat you now claim you referenced yourself....wow...

Next....after accusing me of making up a stat you make up a statistical claim that I refute with cold hard facts and you still yap....
But here you go.....here is Sam Bradford's Rams ranking in 2012...a season where he threw all but 18 of their attempts...
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/te...ercentage/2012/
Quit while you are behind...

You really are as dumb as they come..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.