Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: He runs better than Foles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Sam actually took off a couple of times. A good sign.

Out of curiosity, is anyone worried about his knees?
nd9kel
Almost a Heisman pose, heh.

His accuracy on rollouts or scrambling has gotten a lot of raves from commentators lately too.

I believe for the first time in two years he will be able to give decent attention to his leg strength in the off-season and will bulk up there. I haven't seen those legs look so skinny since college.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84nK2lSw7E
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 15 2015, 07:01 AM) *

I'm still extremely worried lol, every single time he tucked it and ran Sunday I was screaming at him to get down, worried that someone's gonna injure him or he was gonna do it to himself.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 15 2015, 07:01 AM) *

He runs better than Foles? laugh.gif

Now that is saying a lot rolleyes.gif

Okay, maybe I'll give him an edge over Foles, but not by much. They are both big, slow white boys that should run only when absolutely necessary.

Are his knees still a concern. Of course. Just because he made it this far doesn't mean it is clear sailing from here on out.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 15 2015, 01:47 PM) *
He runs better than Foles? laugh.gif

Now that is saying a lot rolleyes.gif

Okay, maybe I'll give him an edge over Foles, but not by much. They are both big, slow white boys that should run only when absolutely necessary.

Are his knees still a concern. Of course. Just because he made it this far doesn't mean it is clear sailing from here on out.

um....Sammy.....Bradford runs a 4.7....Foles runs 5.1......You confuse Bradford choosing not to run with him not being able to run......as he gets more comfortable and his legs stronger you will likely see him start to take off a little.....but he will always be a thrower and not a runner....
Rick
I'm not worried about his knees when he runs. QBs seem to hurt their knees when looking to pass/getting sacked more than any other way. Concussion or shoulder issues are what worries me when he runs.

However, he MUST run every so often (once or twice a game) just to keep the defense honest. He doesn't need to pick up many yards, it just keeps them honest.

Much like throwing deep. Don't need to complete them all, just show you're not afraid to. I really liked how he threw deep early and often on Sunday. I loved how he ran a couple of times.

Am I sold on Bradford? Not yet but I'm screaming at the TV about him right now. That's progress.

Wheeljack
Foles was Fool's Gold.
Bradford = Drew Bledsoe. Hopefully a better version.

Hopefully that's apparent now. Look at how he fared in STL.

He likely set the Eagles back 5 years with that 27/2/1st Round Playoff Exit.
But let some that were here tell it: ACCURACY!!! POCKET PRESENCE!! READS DEFENSES!!! BLITZES! GOAT NARDS!!!

I'd rather have Bradford.
And Sanchez.
Joegrane
If Bradford works out OK we could say Foles was good enough to help us get Bradford.

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Dec 16 2015, 11:22 AM) *
Foles was Fool's Gold.
Bradford = Drew Bledsoe. Hopefully a better version.

Hopefully that's apparent now. Look at how he fared in STL.

He likely set the Eagles back 5 years with that 27/2/1st Round Playoff Exit.
But let some that were here tell it: ACCURACY!!! POCKET PRESENCE!! READS DEFENSES!!! BLITZES! GOAT NARDS!!!

I'd rather have Bradford.
And Sanchez.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 15 2015, 02:35 PM) *
um....Sammy.....Bradford runs a 4.7....Foles runs 5.1......You confuse Bradford choosing not to run with him not being able to run......as he gets more comfortable and his legs stronger you will likely see him start to take off a little.....but he will always be a thrower and not a runner....

No, I'm not confused with Bradford choosing not to run with him not being able to run. I know he rarely chooses to run --- and he shouldn't unless it is the only option left to him, or he has a shitload of open green in front of him --- that isn't his game.

I was just making an observation that to me, he looks slow. Not Nick Foles sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww, but sloooooooowwwwww.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.