Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Bradford an interim solution?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
It seems that Bradford has been better, at least statistically, than the 'eye test' suggests.

In his last four starts, Bradford has completed 65% of his passes for 898 yards, five touchdowns, and one interception. The Eagles are 5-1 in the last six games he's started and finished.

Linc

Obviously he isn't lighting the world on fire, but the INT number suggest he has been more careful with the ball than earlier in the season. Plus he has been able to give us spurts of remarkable play. The question is whether this is sustainable. If so, he would be our short term answer for the QB quandary while we search for the future 'franchise' QB.
nd9kel
Bradford has NEVER had two full years in the same offense. He was having a stellar year in 2013 when he went down with his first ACL a few games into his second year with the same offense.

He has unquestionably shown progress this year as you point out.

If the last four games were the FIRST FOUR GAMES of the year, how would you feel about Bradford?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 05:26 PM) *
Obviously he isn't lighting the world on fire, but the INT number suggest he has been more careful with the ball than earlier in the season. Plus he has been able to give us spurts of remarkable play. The question is whether this is sustainable. If so, he would be our short term answer for the QB quandary while we search for the future 'franchise' QB.

Not to mention, what world beaters do you see in the upcoming draft?
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 14 2015, 08:28 PM) *
Not to mention, what world beaters do you see in the upcoming draft?

If there were any we wouldn't be in a position to draft them anyway. Bradford looks like the guy and they need to develop a young guy behind him. The success that Taylor is having is another indication that it's possible to find that player if you take the time to develop him properly.
Joegrane
I think he will get more than a two year deal from the Eagles.

He is improving and should be even better when he is not behind an average O Line and throwing to below average WRs.

The problem with drafting a QB in round 1 this year is that you give up an opportunity for a playmaker at another position. That could be a starting OT for five+ years, maybe after starting at OG in the second half of next year.

They are trying to make a deep run soon, not rebuild. I bet they will try to develop a backup QB with a mid round pick.

Is Bradford an interim solution?

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 14 2015, 11:15 PM) *
I bet they will try to develop a backup QB with a mid round pick.

That makes the most sense.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 11:42 PM) *
That makes the most sense.

Yeah, but they may have that guy in Morris.
xsv
He's been just fine to my eyes in the last 4 or 5 games he's played.

I'm more worried about his durability, tbh.

And I think you always have to be developing a young qb.

QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 06:26 PM) *
It seems that Bradford has been better, at least statistically, than the 'eye test' suggests.

Linc

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 06:26 PM) *

Linc

How do you light the world on fire with WR who can't catch? I mean....seriously.....Ertz is grossly overrated.....Matthews and Algohlar and Cooper have been terrible....they list 27 drops to lead the leagues in % of drops but that number is grossly inaccurate...halfway through the season the number of drops was off by a dozen. The real issue is that the drops are not on difficult catches...they are on text book catches where the ball is put right on their hands......5 INTs were directly off balls that went through the hands of a WR, RB or TE.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 15 2015, 08:51 PM) *
How do you light the world on fire with WR who can't catch? I mean....seriously.....Ertz is grossly overrated.....Matthews and Algohlar and Cooper have been terrible....they list 27 drops to lead the leagues in % of drops but that number is grossly inaccurate...halfway through the season the number of drops was off by a dozen. The real issue is that the drops are not on difficult catches...they are on text book catches where the ball is put right on their hands......5 INTs were directly off balls that went through the hands of a WR, RB or TE.

I've been beating this drum all season. But this board of genius thinks it's all about the quarterback.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 15 2015, 01:51 PM) *
Ertz is grossly overrated

This is not mentioned enough. He's been really mediocre. A total disappointment after what seemed to be a breakout second half of his rookie season. He just can't put it all together.

Agholor is the one that worries me the most. I always expect rookies to struggle a bit, but he simply looks unnatural catching the football. I think he's got the most upside and we need him to step up big time next year.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.