Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's play a game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
For this game, it doesn't matter if the Eagles win out and win the SB or lose the rest. It would matter how they lost, but let's assume they play fairly well but don't get into the playoffs. Positive vibes with no playoffs.

Bradford is improving and the defense is improved from what they had last year. There's some good, young talent on both sides but there are some big holes too. Set the time machine to 1/04/16 and you're the GM. What are your priorities with your own FAs, the FA market and finally, the draft. How do you make this team a playoff team and a SB contender?
I try to resign or extend Bradford, Thurmond and Curry. I'd like to keep Thornton and Carroll if I can but they're not my priorities. I want to be sure to maintain as much continuity on an emerging defense as I can. Sheppard should be coming back but he's an unknown. Sometimes Curry is the only rusher who gets into the backfield, and that's important. I do my best to find a way to keep an Eagle fan who's my best rusher.

I look for a starting caliber G and WR from other teams. I'm not necessarily looking for pro-bowlers, but good players who can do the job. The OL needs to be bolstered and we can't wait for inexperience and we need a WR who defenses will take seriously and can get separation.

I'll draft a T, C, a WR who can consistently get behind defenders and a mid-round QB to compete with Morris for #3. I want to go into the draft with the ability to draft BPA, at position of need if I can. I don't want to force the draft, I want to try to do more Hicksing. wink.gif
mcnabbulous
Sign Cox longterm. Add offensive line depth. We simply need to hope that Agholor takes a big step next year, but expecting to bring a rookie to make a major impact is a long shot. I also don't think we should be spending major resources at the position in the draft.

I think our number one priority is getting an outside pass rusher. At this point, Bradford is likely our best bet from a QB perspective. I was impressed with his performance yesterday and expect him to continue to progress. I'm beginning to think he has an opportunity to be a top-10 guy.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2015, 09:02 AM) *
For this game, it doesn't matter if the Eagles win out and win the SB or lose the rest. It would matter how they lost, but let's assume they play fairly well but don't get into the playoffs. Positive vibes with no playoffs.

Bradford is improving and the defense is improved from what they had last year. There's some good, young talent on both sides but there are some big holes too. Set the time machine to 1/04/16 and you're the GM. What are your priorities with your own FAs, the FA market and finally, the draft. How do you make this team a playoff team and a SB contender?
I try to resign or extend Bradford, Thurmond and Curry. I'd like to keep Thornton and Carroll if I can but they're not my priorities. I want to be sure to maintain as much continuity on an emerging defense as I can. Sheppard should be coming back but he's an unknown. Sometimes Curry is the only rusher who gets into the backfield, and that's important. I do my best to find a way to keep an Eagle fan who's my best rusher.

I look for a starting caliber G and WR from other teams. I'm not necessarily looking for pro-bowlers, but good players who can do the job. The OL needs to be bolstered and we can't wait for inexperience and we need a WR who defenses will take seriously and can get separation.

I'll draft a T, C, a WR who can consistently get behind defenders and a mid-round QB to compete with Morris for #3. I want to go into the draft with the ability to draft BPA, at position of need if I can. I don't want to force the draft, I want to try to do more Hicksing. wink.gif

Sign Bradford to a 2 year, middle of the road extension. Sign Cox, Thorton, and Thurston long term.

Bring in a second tier FA WR and OT.

Draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd to groom.

Also draft a WR and a couple of OL as high as possible.

I'm ok with the rest of the team, especially once our injured players return. I think we have some depth at corner, LBer, and our safeties are coming along. There is also some young talent at those positions.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 14 2015, 03:19 PM) *
Draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd to groom.

I have a hard time seeing this happening at this point.
Eyrie
We lost our second in the Bradford trade, but I'd be willing to use our first for a QB to develop behind Bradford for a year.

Other than that, our main needs are an extension for Cox, a premier pass rusher and at least two players on the OL. I'd keep solid players like Thurmond, Thornton and Carroll but suspect Curry will be in demand from 4-3 teams to play DE.

Much could depend on who replaces Davis. Will Kelly find someone who can run the 3-4 better, or will he bring in a 4-3 with all the disruption that the change will cause?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 14 2015, 11:58 AM) *
Sign Cox longterm. Add offensive line depth. We simply need to hope that Agholor takes a big step next year, but expecting to bring a rookie to make a major impact is a long shot. I also don't think we should be spending major resources at the position in the draft.

Agreed.

QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 14 2015, 04:19 PM) *
Sign Bradford to a 2 year, middle of the road extension. Sign Cox, Thorton, and Thurston long term.

Bring in a second tier FA WR and OT.

Based on the upcoming WR FA, i think our best bet is to dip into the FA pool. We don't need to spend any more picks (yet) on a WR, unless a blue chip prospect falls into our laps....and we don't reach for him.
2016 FA WR

The main focus in this draft should be on the OL.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 14 2015, 06:14 PM) *
We lost our second in the Bradford trade, but I'd be willing to use our first for a QB to develop behind Bradford for a year.

Other than that, our main needs are an extension for Cox, a premier pass rusher and at least two players on the OL. I'd keep solid players like Thurmond, Thornton and Carroll but suspect Curry will be in demand from 4-3 teams to play DE.

Much could depend on who replaces Davis. Will Kelly find someone who can run the 3-4 better, or will he bring in a 4-3 with all the disruption that the change will cause?

Much also depends on how long we extend Bradford. I would be fine in replacing Davis for a DC that can take our squad to the next level. We seem to have the horses on D to be a real force.
Reality Fan
A few thoughts....

There is no good WRs in the FA pool...certainly no game changer.....

I doubt that Kelly replaces Davis.....he loves the guy

And the biggest thing.....who is to say that Bradford signs here.....folks here talk as if it is up to the Eagles....it isn't.
If Bradford continues on this trajectory he will have options.....unless the Eagles franchise him.....but to suggest the "I would sign him for 2 years" is just not reality. Bradford is not going to sign here for 2 years unless it is all guaranteed and big money. You need to remember the player has a big say in contracts also and a rising QB in this league is gold and has significant bargaining power.

The numbers Bradford is putting up here is coming with a severely under-performing WR cast rife with drops and poor route running. With a few decent WRs he is completing 70% of his throws and has a bunch more TDs and a half dozen less picks. Other teams watch the same film.....
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 07:00 PM) *

We don't need a 'game changer' just somebody with the right attitude who can help stretch the field.

I doubt that Kelly replaces Davis.....he loves the guy

You're probably right.

And the biggest thing.....who is to say that Bradford signs here.....folks here talk as if it is up to the Eagles....it isn't.
If Bradford continues on this trajectory he will have options.....unless the Eagles franchise him.....but to suggest the "I would sign him for 2 years" is just not reality. Bradford is not going to sign here for 2 years unless it is all guaranteed and big money. You need to remember the player has a big say in contracts also and a rising QB in this league is gold and has significant bargaining power.

The numbers Bradford is putting up here is coming with a severely under-performing WR cast rife with drops and poor route running. With a few decent WRs he is completing 70% of his throws and has a bunch more TDs and a half dozen less picks. Other teams watch the same film.....

I can see Chip using the franchise tag on the Bradford. He is the only serviceable option we have for starter. His play, this season and over his career, won't garner the big $$ and his injury history will affect the guaranteed $$. He played poorly for the majority of the season, and is currently a serviceable game manager. The WR have been underwhelming, but you can't hang it on them completely. Bradford was making poor decisions and clearly wasn't in tune with the play book.

The next few games will be telling. If he plays more like he did for stretches in the B-Lo game it will get very interesting.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 07:10 PM) *
We don't need a 'game changer' just somebody with the right attitude who can help stretch the field.

You mean like Miles Austin? There are a bunch of 30 yr. old WRs....

You're probably right.

I can see Chip using the franchise tag on the Bradford. He is the only serviceable option we have for starter. His play, this season and over his career, won't garner the big $$ and his injury history will affect the guaranteed $$. He played poorly for the majority of the season, and is currently a serviceable game manager. The WR have been underwhelming, but you can't hang it on them completely. Bradford was making poor decisions and clearly wasn't in tune with the play book.

The next few games will be telling. If he plays more like he did for stretches in the B-Lo game it will get very interesting.

The franchise tag is big money...it will be close to $20 million next year if not over it.

ANd Bradford has not palyed poorly, especially of late....he was mediocre which was bad when combined with a highly under-performing set of WRs. I hang a great deal on the WRs....especially those with experience in the system...Bradford was the new guy to the system....as I have said before....if you cut the number of drops in half he numbers are great.....and while you can normally say that about any QB except Bradford was the victim of an egregious number of drops(far more than the drop count stat listed)

He was not good early but he has played relatively well overall,
Eagle2720
The only WR I would really be intrigued in getting in that list is Alshon, and people think the Bears are gonna try hard to resign him and franchise him if they must, no other names really catch my eye.
Zero
Quite a few have suggested extending Cox. Obviously a high priority for in-season I would think. He's not a free agent until 2017.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 07:00 PM) *

I don't think they'd be looking for a game changer, only a reliable receiver. Alshon Jeffery or Marvin Jones?

Bradford spent almost as much time learning a new system and new teammates as he did recovering from his knee. I doubt he'd want to go through that again. He may not be a lock to sign here but I'd bet this is his preferred destination.
Dreagon
1. You should try to extend Bradford for another couple of years.
2. Try pawning Murray off to Detroit or Cleveland for whatever you can get.
3. Draft interior offensive line
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 14 2015, 08:39 PM) *
1. You should try to extend Bradford for another couple of years.
2. Try pawning Murray off to Detroit or Cleveland for whatever you can get.
3. Draft interior offensive line

I've thought about 2 a few times, I would love the idea of being able to get any sort of draft pick for him, preferably at least 3rd or maybe even a 4th and 5th. Not having a 2nd is a real disappointment.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 07:48 PM) *
You mean like Miles Austin? There are a bunch of 30 yr. old WRs....

Actually, the UFA WR class is loaded with players under 28 y.o. They may not be world beaters, or names that instantly grab your attention, but.....
Alshon Jeffrey 25 (CHI)
Rueben Randle 24 (NYG)
Marvin Jones 25 (CIN)
Rishard Matthews 26 (MIA)

Depending on your opinion regarding substance abuse and whether it is an 'illness' or just poor judgment, Josh Gordon will be available. Would he be worth the risk? Maybe the Iggles can hire a babysitter for him like the Cowboys did for Dez Bryant. In this fantasy world, we could trade Murray for Gordon.

Eagle2720
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 14 2015, 09:19 PM) *
Actually, the UFA WR class is loaded with players under 28 y.o. They may not be world beaters, or names that instantly grab your attention, but.....
Alshon Jeffrey 25 (CHI)
Rueben Randle 24 (NYG)
Marvin Jones 25 (CIN)
Rishard Matthews 26 (MIA)

Depending on your opinion regarding substance abuse and whether it is an 'illness' or just poor judgment, Josh Gordon will be available. Would he be worth the risk? Maybe the Iggles can hire a babysitter for him like the Cowboys did for Dez Bryant. In this fantasy world, we could trade Murray for Gordon.

With the pure talent Gordan has, that would be absolutely awesome, but no way culture Chip would take him, there's also the chance he may never play a down again with all these suspensions.
nephillymike
Sorry to mention this, but if they don't win this division, where are the good vibes coming from?

We would be a 7-9 team that either lost the division to an 8-8 or 7-9 NYG or WAS team.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 14 2015, 11:20 PM) *
Sorry to mention this, but if they don't win this division, where are the good vibes coming from?

As long as they keep improving, it gives a good foundation to build on.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 14 2015, 11:20 PM) *

We would be a 7-9 team that either lost the division to an 8-8 or 7-9 NYG or WAS team.

Even if they don't win the division....if Bradford continues to improve then we have found a QB....by the way....afetr the first 4-5 games you could not wait to spout out about his QB rating and stats....

Now that he is near 100 in his last 5 you don't mention it anymore.....

Imagine what his numbers would look like with WRs that actually can catch? and not just a Maclin......I would settle for a decent #1 or a few decent #2s......
Zero
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Dec 14 2015, 10:23 PM) *
With the pure talent Gordan has, that would be absolutely awesome, but no way culture Chip would take him, there's also the chance he may never play a down again with all these suspensions.

I think part of Chip's culture building is to create an atmosphere where 'good guys gone wrong' can find a positive, supportive environment to 'rehabilitate.' The 'good guy' part is critical and I don't have any idea if that fits Gordon.
mcnabbulous
You guys acknowledge that Jeffrey is a total stud, right? No way Chicago lets that guy get away.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 15 2015, 10:40 AM) *
You guys acknowledge that Jeffrey is a total stud, right? No way Chicago lets that guy get away.

In all likelihood they will certainly make a suitable offer. However, he's a UFA and has the final say. They can tag him at $12.8 million (est). They will certainly have the cap space, but 'da bears' also have a myriad of other concerns.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 15 2015, 12:55 PM) *
In all likelihood they will certainly make a suitable offer. However, he's a UFA and has the final say. They can tag him at $12.8 million (est). They will certainly have the cap space, but 'da bears' also have a myriad of other concerns.

The Franchise tag for a WR in 2016 will likely be close to 13.5 so your point has even more credence....but he is their number 1 guy with no clear replacement
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 15 2015, 08:32 PM) *
I think part of Chip's culture building is to create an atmosphere where 'good guys gone wrong' can find a positive, supportive environment to 'rehabilitate.' The 'good guy' part is critical and I don't have any idea if that fits Gordon.

Isn't this pretty close to what Belichick does in NE? Bring in wayward children and fold them in to his "family?"
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 15 2015, 01:42 AM) *
Even if they don't win the division....if Bradford continues to improve then we have found a QB....by the way....afetr the first 4-5 games you could not wait to spout out about his QB rating and stats....

Now that he is near 100 in his last 5 you don't mention it anymore.....

Imagine what his numbers would look like with WRs that actually can catch? and not just a Maclin......I would settle for a decent #1 or a few decent #2s......

He's improving, looks more comfortable, made some clutch throws vs. NE.

Still too early to tell.

I can see ARI being a tough matchup, just like SEA was for Sanchez last year.

As far as numbers, he had a nice stretch but didn't he dip back into the 70's last game?

I know, I know............WR's, OL, drops etc.

In fairness to him, the Celek INT wasn't his fault. But in fairness also, the long Ertz gains was a blatant offensive PI not called. Cancel both out, and he's probably out of the 70's but nothing to write home about.

I think all would agree that having Peters, Ertz and Mathews back is better than the lot drawn without them for the two weeks where we got killed by DET and TB.

The thing I want to continue to see is him throwing the ball down field. I refuse to believe that the 3 yard crossing pattern is the best available route. He did it last game. I need to see more and then see the price tag associated with any signing.

I'll wait this one out until after the season. Not closing the book, just not opening it until after the season.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 16 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Still too early to tell.

As far as numbers, he had a nice stretch but didn't he dip back into the 70's last game?

In fairness to him, the Celek INT wasn't his fault. But in fairness also, the long Ertz gains was a blatant offensive PI not called. Cancel both out, and he's probably out of the 70's but nothing to write home about.

I think all would agree that having Peters, Ertz and Mathews back is better than the lot drawn without them for the two weeks where we got killed by DET and TB.

The thing I want to continue to see is him throwing the ball down field. I refuse to believe that the 3 yard crossing pattern is the best available route. He did it last game. I need to see more and then see the price tag associated with any signing.

I'll wait this one out until after the season. Not closing the book, just not opening it until after the season.

What happened to all the "I've seen enough of Bradford, put in Sanzhez" stuff?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 15 2015, 11:04 PM) *

Still too early to tell.

actually the INT dropped him 10 points......and if you want to take away the Ertz completion(and the attempt) what do you think the impact of the Cooper drop was? Let me guess....that was Bradford's fault?

Peters is still dinged and Ertz also dropped an easy pass in the red zone....and Matthews? Did I miss something? 13 for 38? I give him a pass for his first game back but he did not do much.

My point is that he has been trending in the right direction for 5 games......his numbers in the NE game are skewed by the fact that all those returns for TDs take the ball out of the hands of the offense so his chances were reduced. The Tampa game and the Detroit game were examples of Sanchez being too keyed up.....painful to watch...and Ertz played against Tampa.

nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Dec 15 2015, 11:56 PM) *
What happened to all the "I've seen enough of Bradford, put in Sanzhez" stuff?

Unlike many others, I am not married to my opinion.

I wanted an open competition at QB. We didn't get one, fair enough, I guess there were $13M reasons why.

Bradford had done nothing in his career prior to coming here and while he was here to mandate sole ownership of the starting job. He flat out sucked early on.

He got hurt and Sanchez had his chance. He stunk and like Bradford doesn't have the balls to throw it down field, Sanchez didn't have the balls to throw it outside the hashes. Just as Bradford has been hurt by teammates performances, Sanchez was hurt by the injuries to Peters, Mathews and Ertz. Just as they aren't an excuse for Bradford unlike the endless cries as such, they aren't an excuse for Sanchez either. Just as Bradford sucked, so did Sanchez.

He had a shot and didn't do well. So it goes back to Bradford.

And if Bradford stinks it up this week vs. Arizona, I have no problem going back to Sanchez.

Neither of them deserve any security as a starter until they earn it. Bradford 82.9 nor Sanchez 80.7 rating deserves any wiggle room for suckitude.

It's Bradford's job to hold for now.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 16 2015, 08:25 PM) *
Neither of them deserve any security as a starter until they earn it. Bradford 82.9 nor Sanchez 80.7 rating deserves any wiggle room for suckitude.

Unlike Bradford...Sanchez was not coming back from 2 consecutive knee injuries and learning a new offense with a new team.....but hey.....what could that possible affect....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 16 2015, 10:28 PM) *
Unlike Bradford...Sanchez was not coming back from 2 consecutive knee injuries and learning a new offense with a new team.....but hey.....what could that possible affect....

Didn't see a anyone making the just coming off injury and new offense excuse for Sanchez and his lowly 89 passer rating last year.

We didn't use it then, we shouldn't use it now.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 16 2015, 09:33 PM) *
Didn't see a anyone making the just coming off injury and new offense excuse for Sanchez and his lowly 89 passer rating last year.

One key difference, as I see it, is that Sanchez didn't see the field until week 8. Meaning he had 8 additional weeks in the system and to gain confidence in his reconstructed knee.

Since week 8, Sam has played quite a bit better for us. He's had a 96.77 rating. He's not blowing the roof off, but given the weakness of our receivers, it's pretty decent and a nice improvement over his start.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 16 2015, 10:33 PM) *

ummm...seriously?

Did Sanchez miss 1 year or 2? And he was signed as a backup for backup money...and he sat until mid season and had a full offseason and TC....as in he was not limited in either...but hey...don't let facts get in the way.....I mean it is not like Bradford couldn't run until June...oh...wait....

I realize you have a vested interest in Bradford failing...if he succeeds here your nonstop critique of him since the trade leaves you frazzled but you need to think out your debate points a little better.
mcnabbulous
Hey Mikey,

Do yourself a solid and take a look at Palmer's start in Arizona. By my calculations, it was a solid 69.45. He was much better over the second half of the year, but overall finished with an 83.9 rating.

Do you think they would have been wise to give up on him then?
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 17 2015, 10:25 AM) *
Unlike many others, I am not married to my opinion.

I wanted an open competition at QB. We didn't get one, fair enough, I guess there were $13M reasons why.

Bradford had done nothing in his career prior to coming here and while he was here to mandate sole ownership of the starting job. He flat out sucked early on.

He got hurt and Sanchez had his chance. He stunk and like Bradford doesn't have the balls to throw it down field, Sanchez didn't have the balls to throw it outside the hashes. Just as Bradford has been hurt by teammates performances, Sanchez was hurt by the injuries to Peters, Mathews and Ertz. Just as they aren't an excuse for Bradford unlike the endless cries as such, they aren't an excuse for Sanchez either. Just as Bradford sucked, so did Sanchez.

He had a shot and didn't do well. So it goes back to Bradford.

And if Bradford stinks it up this week vs. Arizona, I have no problem going back to Sanchez.

This sounds like Cleveland. I don't want to be Cleveland.

I've made the point that I think rotating coaches/GMs is bad for an organization. I feel pretty much the same way about QBs. Obviously, I don't want to keep a shitty QB in place just for consistency's sake, but you gotta let a player gel a bit.

I really, really don't want to be Cleveland. That's one of the few things us Philly fans can feel good about; we're not Cleveland.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 17 2015, 12:02 AM) *
ummm...seriously?

Did Sanchez miss 1 year or 2? And he was signed as a backup for backup money...and he sat until mid season and had a full offseason and TC....as in he was not limited in either...but hey...don't let facts get in the way.....I mean it is not like Bradford couldn't run until June...oh...wait....

I realize you have a vested interest in Bradford failing...if he succeeds here your nonstop critique of him since the trade leaves you frazzled but you need to think out your debate points a little better.

I have no vested interest in Bradford failing.

Actually it was just the opposite. I had a vested interest in them winning 10 games, but c'est la vie.

Sanchez' was a throwing shoulder injury and he wasn't full speed all of last year.

I guess the same can be said about your vested interest in Sanchez' failure, or Murray, or Maclin, or Mathis et al
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2015, 12:11 AM) *
Hey Mikey,

Do yourself a solid and take a look at Palmer's start in Arizona. By my calculations, it was a solid 69.45. He was much better over the second half of the year, but overall finished with an 83.9 rating.

Do you think they would have been wise to give up on him then?

what season?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 17 2015, 08:30 PM) *
what season?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 17 2015, 09:29 PM) *
I have no vested interest in Bradford failing.

Actually it was just the opposite. I had a vested interest in them winning 10 games, but c'est la vie.

Sanchez' was a throwing shoulder injury and he wasn't full speed all of last year.

I guess the same can be said about your vested interest in Sanchez' failure, or Murray, or Maclin, or Mathis et al

Simply ridiculous......but lets go point by point...

1. Sanchez did not have to recover from a knee injury....in other words he could...you know...walk and run....his shoulder was actually healed by the end of the Jets seasona nd they had originally put him om the IR return designation but then decided to end his season because they were moving on from him and it was the easiest way...no distraction.(They had already drafted Geno Smith to be their QB...but you knew that) A lot different then Bradford who had to rehab the knee to walk...then run..and then get on the field....

2. I was a big Sanchez supporter last year and still like him as a backup...key word
and I have never bad mouthed Murray...quite the opposite...I think they should use him differently...and I also was the one to remind folks that he is now 17 for 17 on third down runs for first down.....and I liked Maclin and would have loved to have him back but I recognize the extreme risk of outbidding KC to give him a 5 year contract for 60-70 million with his injury history....Mathis and Herremans were easy.....lots of money for diminishing returns.....Mathis has been decent though he is losing his starting spot to Garcia, a rookie and Herremans is apparently done....both are age issues...Herremans appears to be performance driven and Mathis is beset by injury...

3. Maybe you meant McCoy instead of Murray and getting rid of him to clear the money was a wise move...what they did with that money is another discussion...

My only interests are getting some stability on this team
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 18 2015, 12:21 AM) *
3. Maybe you meant McCoy instead of Murray and getting rid of him to clear the money was a wise move...what they did with that money is another discussion...

It wasn't clearly a money move. As this season has gone on we have learned that McCoy was malcontent and insubordinate. Let's call it what it is, Chip putting together the type of "yes sir" roster that he feels is necessary for his vision to work. That's not a bad thing, we just aren't (typically) used to seeing it in professional sports.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.