Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffalo: What Did We Learn?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
So what did we learn about the Eagles from this game?

Cox is the team MVP. He was rather quiet--for him--during the loosing streak. Was that because he was going up against very good O Linemen or due to being nicked up or something else? If he continues to play at this Pro Bowl level, the Eagles have a chance to win the division.

Sam B continues to be consistently okay. For the most part he is doing his job. I don't know that he is good enough to be a Super Bowl MVP, but I could seem him winning a playoff game or two with a good supporting cast.

It was nice to see Agholor get his first TD. It is amazing that it has taken this long. SammyB made a very nice throw. I bet he needs to get stronger physically. I did not expect him to be as good this year as many people thought, but he has been a disappointment. They need someone who can stretch the field somewhat.
Rowe continues to look like a solid young player.

The team does not look good enough to beat Arizona without lots of help from the special teams.

However they might just be able to beat both the Skins and Giants. With some help from Buffalo at Washington, the Eagles might just win the division. However, the Skins have the easiest schedule. The Giants have a very tough schedule.

Zero
I can't see them winning against AZ, even if it is at home. I'd like to see this team get some playoff experience, but they're not where I thought they'd be when the season started and the Cardinals are legitimate contenders.

The interesting thing for me is that Washington is doing better than I thought they would be, with a healthy Romo the Cowboys are a good team and the Giants always have a way of surprising. Next year this division could be a lot different.
Joegrane
The cowboys will address their RB deficiency but Romo and some others will be a year older not a year better.

Beating Washington and keeping them from winning the division will be helpful. We don't want them gaining too much momentum and becoming attractive to free agents.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2015, 05:48 AM) *
I can't see them winning against AZ, even if it is at home. I'd like to see this team get some playoff experience, but they're not where I thought they'd be when the season started and the Cardinals are legitimate contenders.

The interesting thing for me is that Washington is doing better than I thought they would be, with a healthy Romo the Cowboys are a good team and the Giants always have a way of surprising. Next year this division could be a lot different.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2015, 04:48 AM) *
I can't see them winning against AZ, even if it is at home.

I think we're gonna win this weekend. Arizona is solid, but they're hardly unbeatable. We're gonna come out fired up.

If it were in Arizona, I don't think we'd have a chance though.
The Franchise
A complete game and win vs. Arizona and I'll lose my skepticism and start having some fun, but I don't know how we beat them. An 'any given Sunday' win in NE against a dinged up team and a close win against the Bills doesn't convince me.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 14 2015, 04:58 PM) *
A complete game and win vs. Arizona and I'll lose my skepticism and start having some fun, but I don't know how we beat them. An 'any given Sunday' win in NE against a dinged up team and a close win against the Bills doesn't convince me.

I kind of agree except we're seeing improvement is some key areas. That they recovered from those suckass 3 losses seems to show that Kelly didn't lose them and that the character started to take over. The convincing still needs to come, but the recovery so far looks good.
Joegrane
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 14 2015, 04:58 PM) *

Yes, I agree. Even if they play a competitive game with AZ I'll feel more confident that they are ready to fight for the division crown.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2015, 08:30 PM) *
I kind of agree except we're seeing improvement is some key areas. That they recovered from those suckass 3 losses seems to show that Kelly didn't lose them and that the character started to take over. The convincing still needs to come, but the recovery so far looks good.

Even if they loose a close one to AZ but beat the Skins and Giants I'll feel okay about the way they finished. I'm confident Chip will bolster the O Line before next year.

The Skins could win two more and I suppose could win the division with a tie-breaker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.