Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here is a great example of media fabricated stories and their stupidity
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/12...ip-kelly-scheme

They run with stories based on made up stories.....

Murray sits with Lurie for a plane ride home.....it turns out he does it on road trips but Ed Werder not only misses that fact but then fabricates the conversation out of thin air...then Cole asks NFL Execs....all anonymous(of course...code for he made it up) and they think Murray is trying to get out of Philly and....ready?...back to Dallas. This is so stupid for so many reasons but how do you even get past the Eagles trading a RB to their closest divisional rival without realizing how fucking stupid this is?

Welcome to Bleedinggreennation.....another horseshit gathering place for silly rumors.

Maybe we should start our own Eagles analysis website......we can't do worse than these clowns.....I wonder if they quit their day jobs for this?
Zero
I don't disagree with your take on the whole Murray crap. It's just like the Kelly to SoCal stories. But GBN is a nice source of information. Generalizing them as a rumor mill and intimating that they are nothing more isn't fair.

They're no different than any other "news" site, sports or other. They need to attract readers because readers equate to money and money obviously pays their bills. It's one thing to see this in sports, but much more concerning to see the misinformation and opinion that passes as fact in the current event news world. The internet has given us instant information but it should teach us all to research everything we read because most of it is either complete BS or varying levels of propaganda.

Back to Murray, if Dallas gives up their #1 to get Murray back would you do it? I'm not suggesting they ever would, but that trade would be OK with me. He doesn't seem to fit the system here and eating the $13 mil cap hit to replace him with a blue chip (that could be a pun but isn't) prospect seems like a fair deal, especially IF he isn't being used.

That said, trading him to a team like Tenn or even NE would be better for the Eagles but I seriously doubt the compensation would be more than a #4 and that's not nearly as good a bet even if it is better than having a $7 mil 3rd or 4th RB.
Reality Fan
There are several problems here and they are pretty obvious...

First....what team in this league would trade a RB back to a team he ran for 1800 yards with the previous season?
Second....what team would do that in their own division?
Third....if said RB was so bad, what team would give up a high draft pick for a player some here are saying is showing effects of overuse AND have to pay said RB 13 million?

Those are the obvious question that need to be considered before trotting out such a stupid idea.

In the world of NFL clickbait the anonymous NFL exec is akin to "I have a friend" in the real world. It is BS cover for a guy to get some traffic. Something this obvious should be pilloried with extreme prejudice for the sheer stupidity of it.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2015, 07:19 AM) *
Back to Murray, if Dallas gives up their #1 to get Murray back would you do it? I'm not suggesting they ever would, but that trade would be OK with me. He doesn't seem to fit the system here and eating the $13 mil cap hit to replace him with a blue chip (that could be a pun but isn't) prospect seems like a fair deal, especially IF he isn't being used.

There ain't no way we would give that for Murray. He's a good back but he only had one healthy season with us and that was his contract year.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 11 2015, 03:18 PM) *
Those are the obvious question that need to be considered before trotting out such a stupid idea.

Wow, you really do have a golden tongue. Does it affect the taste of your food?
Joegrane
I'm confident that Chip will bolster the O Line in the offseason. Murray along with the entire offense will be better next year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2015, 08:47 PM) *
Wow, you really do have a golden tongue. Does it affect the taste of your food?

I merely pointed out what any writer for a website should consider before composing a story for a website.

I was not refering to you or anything you said......but for a news site to post a story even suggesting it like it was a possibility without acknowledging the unlikelyhood of it happening is totally irresponsible on their part.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 11 2015, 08:18 PM) *
There ain't no way we would give that for Murray. He's a good back but he only had one healthy season with us and that was his contract year.

and that is just the other half of the silliness of the suggestion that we would make that trade.....Dallas would never do it....
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 12 2015, 02:53 AM) *
I merely pointed out what any writer for a website should consider before composing a story for a website.

I was not refering to you or anything you said......but for a news site to post a story even suggesting it like it was a possibility without acknowledging the unlikelyhood of it happening is totally irresponsible on their part.

My bad, then. Actually my hope would be that Murray recovers from his whatever and Chip finds a way to mesh the two running styles. I think he could be a perfect change from the quick Mathews/Sproles running.
Phits
If it helps any, the story originated from PFT not BGN.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.