Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SB vs. Pats
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
While I was at lunch today, one of the TV's in the distance had the old game on. My god, Donovan threw some awesome passes in that game. Stuff we haven't seen in years and certainly isn't possible by Bradford. When he was on, he was truly an awesome talent. And TO really was great in that game, as if that needs to be said.

But I unfortunately also had to watch that interception he threw with 7:20 in the fourth quarter. That may have been the worst throw of his Eagles career.

Don't think I had watched that game since that night. We really had a chance. Sheldon was inches away from his own 4th quarter interception, which instead resulted in a big gain by NE.

Look forward to the day we get back there.

Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2015, 03:33 PM) *
While I was at lunch today, one of the TV's in the distance had the old game on. My god, Donovan threw some awesome passes in that game. Stuff we haven't seen in years and certainly isn't possible by Bradford. When he was on, he was truly an awesome talent. And TO really was great in that game, as if that needs to be said.

But I unfortunately also had to watch that interception he threw with 7:20 in the fourth quarter. That may have been the worst throw of his Eagles career.

Don't think I had watched that game since that night. We really had a chance. Sheldon was inches away from his own 4th quarter interception, which instead resulted in a big gain by NE.

Look forward to the day we get back there.

and hopefully it won't be against a team that video tapes everything the Eagles do and/or convince refs to look the other way on holding calls.

Donovan's last TD in that game was one of his GOAT

I miss 2004 McNabb so much now
Phits
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Dec 10 2015, 04:50 PM) *
and hopefully it won't be against a team that video tapes everything the Eagles do and/or convince refs to look the other way on holding calls.

Donovan's last TD in that game was one of his GOAT

I miss 2004 McNabb so much now

Any Eagles incarnation of McNabb would be great right now.
JeeQ
McNabb is still my favorite Eagle... Reidtard did you dirty Super 5... right up there with the way Chump treated Shady
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 10 2015, 09:42 PM) *
McNabb is still my favorite Eagle... Reidtard did you dirty Super 5... right up there with the way Chump treated Shady

Except McNabb did not deserve it...Shady is one of the biggest POS human beings you will ever meet.....at least McNabb was a good citizen while he was here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 10 2015, 11:43 PM) *
at least McNabb was a good citizen while he was here.

Nice caveat.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 10 2015, 09:42 PM) *

I wish "Chump" was the coach during the McNabb years.

Eagles would have surely had a ring in the 2002 season.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Dec 11 2015, 02:09 PM) *
I wish "Chump" was the coach during the McNabb years.

Eagles would have surely had a ring in the 2002 season.

They would have had a ring in 2002 had Donovan not broken his leg. That was arguably the best team we've ever fielded.

Donovan wasn't the same guy in the playoffs. It's really a shame.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 11 2015, 03:24 PM) *
They would have had a ring in 2002 had Donovan not broken his leg. That was arguably the best team we've ever fielded.

Donovan wasn't the same guy in the playoffs. It's really a shame.

The Eagles, as a whole, didn't play well in the post season....especially the leaders of the team (both sides of the ball). The coaches didn't coach well (including JJ), and the players didn't play well....this is why we didn't get a ring during the Reid years.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 11 2015, 05:24 PM) *
The Eagles, as a whole, didn't play well in the post season....especially the leaders of the team (both sides of the ball). The coaches didn't coach well (including JJ), and the players didn't play well....this is why we didn't get a ring during the Reid years.

It's also not hard to see that the one year in his prime he had an all-pro receiver to throw to, we were basically unstoppable. Until playing the team that filmed our plays of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.