Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Place Baybee!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It's now a four game season. Even DAL not out of it.

Worth watching.

We have a shot.

One game at a time.

Surprised how dead this place is.

Got to take the good times when we can.

Lord knows we had enough bad this year.
JeeQ
Chip can go from zero to hero in a matter of 4 games

First stop... An angry and bitter LeSean McCoy in his return to Philly
nd9kel
I say we suspend christmas so we can give our full attention to this insane race.

Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants. I think going 2-2 is realistic. 3-1 is possible. Would 8-8 get us in?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Dec 8 2015, 08:27 AM) *
I say we suspend christmas so we can give our full attention to this insane race.

Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants. I think going 2-2 is realistic. 3-1 is possible. Would 8-8 get us in?

I think we have to count on 2-2 at best. I'm definitely shaken to the core by those Bucs and Lions games.

The Redskins game feels like a win, because they're so awful on the road. It's hard to envision a scenario where we can beat the Cardinals. We seem to have the Giants number, but a road division game is always tough. This Bills game scares me. Their offense is playing well right now. Our offense really needs to step up against their quality defense.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Dec 8 2015, 03:27 PM) *

I have not looked to deep into all of the scenarios. Just thinking quickly about it, 2-2 could get us in if the 2 wins are vs Was and NY and neither of those two teams go better than 2-2. That would eliminate NY immediately due to the head to head sweep vs them. I have not looked at how the tie breaker with Was would go. Also, if Dallas goes 3-1 under this scenario, they are in a tie as well.

There are still too many variables to really think about this. Beat Buffalo this weekend and maybe it will start to clear up a bit.
mcnabbulous
Dallas plays in GB this week. It's hard to envision them reeling off three straight wins after that to close out the season...regardless of the opponents.

Eagle2720
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 8 2015, 03:36 PM) *
I have not looked to deep into all of the scenarios. Just thinking quickly about it, 2-2 could get us in if the 2 wins are vs Was and NY and neither of those two teams go better than 2-2. That would eliminate NY immediately due to the head to head sweep vs them. I have not looked at how the tie breaker with Was would go. Also, if Dallas goes 3-1 under this scenario, they are in a tie as well.

There are still too many variables to really think about this. Beat Buffalo this weekend and maybe it will start to clear up a bit.

If it comes down to a tie at the end of the season with Washington, as long as we beat them by 4 points or more, I'm pretty sure we would hold the head to head tie breaker because we would have beat them by 4 points(or more depending on score) while they only beat us by 3 week 4. Not 100% positive, but that's just what I think.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Dec 8 2015, 07:23 PM) *
If it comes down to a tie at the end of the season with Washington, as long as we beat them by 4 points or more, I'm pretty sure we would hold the head to head tie breaker because we would have beat them by 4 points(or more depending on score) while they only beat us by 3 week 4. Not 100% positive, but that's just what I think.

I think if we beat them by 3 it goes to a best-of-5 thumb war between Lurie and Snyder.
Joegrane
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I was away so did not see the game but the THREE return TDs do not make me forget the previous two weeks.

I don't know whether to route for the Eagles to win or to get a higher draft pick.
nephillymike
Dudes, you gotta enjoy this week.

Sunday comes with it's own obstacles, but we should all enjoy the NE win!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.