Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I think I learned today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
1. What a difference it makes for an offense to have competent receivers. The all world QB looked very ordinary without his top three. Hope for the Eagles?
2. Kiko just isn't that good ... at least this year. He continues to overrun plays and take bad angles.
3. Rowe looks like he could be a good pick. He wasn't spectacular or anything, but he did his job.
4. Murray is either done or should be done here. Is it more expensive for the Eagles to keep him or to trade him? Then, who would want him?
5. Unless Bradford self destructs or gets another injury he'll be our QB next year. It looks like he could do the job if he has an OL to protect him and competent receivers.
6. At this point, what difference does it make?
El Cubano
I feel like #4 is a point a lot of Eagle fans have been on the fence about. To me, Ryan Mathews is our best option in the backfield. I wish the concussion protocol wasn't such a hassle so him and Murray could have the same number of games played when it comes time to argue who the better back really is.
mcnabbulous
Murray may genuinely be our 4th best running option.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 7 2015, 01:57 AM) *
1. What a difference it makes for an offense to have competent receivers. The all world QB looked very ordinary without his top three. Hope for the Eagles?
2. Kiko just isn't that good ... at least this year. He continues to overrun plays and take bad angles.
3. Rowe looks like he could be a good pick. He wasn't spectacular or anything, but he did his job.
4. Murray is either done or should be done here. Is it more expensive for the Eagles to keep him or to trade him? Then, who would want him?
5. Unless Bradford self destructs or gets another injury he'll be our QB next year. It looks like he could do the job if he has an OL to protect him and competent receivers.

I've been saying #5 all season. No QB looks good with dog shit protection and dog shit receivers.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 7 2015, 10:24 AM) *
No QB looks good with dog shit protection and dog shit receivers.

The DRock school of logic. These limitations only apply to Sam Bradford. Every other QB should just overcome or they are dogshit, even if they are rookies.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 6 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Yeah, if we land a Tom Brady.

At the end of the day, Tom Brady will continue on to the playoffs and have a shot at winning a 5th SB while the Birds go home early and Chip tries to assemble 2016's Dream Team III.
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 7 2015, 12:32 PM) *
Yeah, if we land a Tom Brady.

At the end of the day, Tom Brady will continue on to the playoffs and have a shot at winning a 5th SB while the Birds go home early and Chip tries to assemble 2016's Dream Team III.

The point was that Brady without his top three receivers was human. It makes a difference.

Another interesting point, apparently Lurie gave the team a bit of an inspirational word before the game. Did I hear that Kelly isn't much for this kind of thing?
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 7 2015, 05:57 PM) *
The DRock school of logic. These limitations only apply to Sam Bradford. Every other QB should just overcome or they are dogshit, even if they are rookies.

I said "no QB" dumb ass.

I'll take the D Rock school of logic over the phits school of reading comprehension any day.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 7 2015, 01:18 PM) *
I said "no QB" dumb ass.

I'll take the D Rock school of logic over the phits school of reading comprehension any day.

Just saying, you've held a certain someone to a different standard, with regards to surrounding talent.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 7 2015, 12:57 AM) *

1 - We need Agholor to prove worthy of his draft position and Huff to be solid contributor
2 - I don't get this "Legend of Kiko Alonso" crap. He's a bubble player to my mind.
3 - Plenty of room for improvement, but too early to write him off.
4 - Murray lacks the quick acceleration that I've said before enables Mathews and Sproles to look better simply because they're quicker to the hole. The number of times that he runs sideways is frustrating - wasn't that why McCoy was deemed a poor fit?
5 - Based purely on last night Bradford looks a competent QB, although nowhere near being the answer. Still, that's a big improvement.
6 - We only have four more games left, and then there is a too-long offseason to contemplate.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 7 2015, 02:18 PM) *

I assume this was a typo, and will not bother poking a colander full of holes in your 'logic'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.