Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And A Stunned Silence Falls Over The Entire Board...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Unbelievable laugh.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 7 2015, 01:50 AM) *
Unbelievable laugh.gif

I wanted to post during the game but I did not want to do anything to jinx them. I have just now gotten my heart rate an blood pressure back to a reasonable level. Great win for the team and the division is still up for grabs. Let's get this done.

mcnabbulous
Tied for first with a Redskins loss. I'm totally fine with hosting a home playoff game with a 7-9 record.
The Franchise
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 6 2015, 08:50 PM) *
Unbelievable laugh.gif

Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and laugh. We get destroyed 2 weeks in a row by mediocre teams, then go into Foxboro and win. Even with a 21 point lead late, we almost blew it. Oh well, a lower draft pick for us.
nephillymike
The board was pretty quiet all week.

Hopefully this will perk things up a bit.
bwc2112
I am smiling with delight. we finally get a win. Wifes Panthers go 12-0. (happy wife , happy life).
Good day today.
I always have hope, today made it better to hope.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 6 2015, 07:50 PM) *
Unbelievable :lol:

Best regular game since Vick destroyed the Giants in December.

that game almost had the thrills of a 44-6, if not for the 4th quarter mistakes

first Eagle win against the Pats in forever
first Eagle INTs of Brady ever
first 35 unanswered points on the Pats since '93

I'm not even mad at The Intentional Racist. He had 2 great plays that sealed it (knocked the onside kick out of bounds, leapt up to catch Sam's first down pass, which led to the Pats burning their last two time outs)

any time Brady and Belichick are visibly mad, it's great

when it's the EAGLES who do it, we all win
SLOiggles
Have to agree with Wheeljack regarding Riley Cooper. He made two huge plays late in that game to help seal the deal. Great team win, and maybe hints that the defensive/special teams barrage from a season ago wasn't a fluke.

I just hope that with this huge win, the team can ride this high into the matchup this Sunday. Surely Chip and the coaching staff will want to shut LeSean down, but Watkins is playing out of his skull
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Dec 7 2015, 09:48 AM) *
Have to agree with Wheeljack regarding Riley Cooper. He made two huge plays late in that game to help seal the deal. Great team win, and maybe hints that the defensive/special teams barrage from a season ago wasn't a fluke.

I just hope that with this huge win, the team can ride this high into the matchup this Sunday. Surely Chip and the coaching staff will want to shut LeSean down, but Watkins is playing out of his skull

Honestly, Tyrod Taylor is playing unbelievable football. He's genuinely playing like Russell Wilson right now.
nd9kel
So many played out of their minds Sunday. For all the maddening early penalties he had early on, Peters made a Superman effort to block the DE bearing down on Bradford when he stayed in there and connected with Cooper.

And we just beat Tom freakin' Brady. Bring on Tie rod.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 7 2015, 01:07 PM) *
Honestly, Tyrod Taylor is playing unbelievable football. He's genuinely playing like Russell Wilson right now.

I've said that the Buffalo Bills have the team I wish the Eagles had right today. Chip Kelly (the coach) could make a killing with that team.
Chip Kelly, the GM basically handed Buffalo a key factor of that team as well.

Oh, well. We'll learn when Buffalo reminds the Eagles who they are.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Dec 7 2015, 01:31 PM) *
So many played out of their minds Sunday. For all the maddening early penalties he had early on, Peters made a Superman effort to block the DE bearing down on Bradford when he stayed in there and connected with Cooper.

And we just beat Tom freakin' Brady. Bring on Tie rod.

Props to Peters, because he, unlike New England O-Linemen, doesn't resort to obvious holding and blocks in the back to keep defenders off the QB
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 7 2015, 01:07 PM) *

I wouldn't go that far. Right now there's no QB playing as well as Russell Wilson. RW raised the bar for his "clones". With tht said, it will be interesting to see how/if he (Tyrod) continues to develop. He's in his 5th season, which is usually the end of the 'break-in' phase for a QB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 7 2015, 02:57 PM) *
I wouldn't go that far. Right now there's no QB playing as well as Russell Wilson. RW raised the bar for his "clones". With tht said, it will be interesting to see how/if he (Tyrod) continues to develop. He's in his 5th season, which is usually the end of the 'break-in' phase for a QB.

Not playing as well as, although he's been very good. Playing like. He's been smart, accurate, mobile. Has only thrown an interception in 2 of his 10 games thus far. And only one interception all season other than his game against NE.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 7 2015, 04:40 PM) *
Not playing as well as, although he's been very good. Playing like. He's been smart, accurate, mobile. Has only thrown an interception in 2 of his 10 games thus far. And only one interception all season other than his game against NE.

He has also led the team to the dubious honor of the most three and outs in the league.*

*I only know this because I get the buffalo sports stations and they were throwing out random stats for/against Tyrod.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 7 2015, 04:12 PM) *
He has also led the team to the dubious honor of the most three and outs in the league.*

*I only know this because I get the buffalo sports stations and they were throwing out random stats for/against Tyrod.

That's pretty interesting. He did miss 3 games, when EJ Manuel sucked it up for a bit, but I can't imagine the numbers would be dramatically different in just his games.

Based on this link, it looks like they are the highest percentage of drives, but the Jets actually have the highest number. Looks like they are 10th in points per drive though, which is a more important stat in my opinion.

We're sitting middle of the pack at 14th overall in that number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.