Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So If You Are the Patriots
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Bellicheat is well known for being able to game plan to take away a teams best player.

A blow to the head has done that for him in that our best offensive player is out with a concussion.

But with Mathews being out, who do you scheme to take away?

Murray and his < 4 ypc; not likely.

J. Matthews, maybe he would be a good choice. If nothing else the drop off from him to his replacement is big.

Ertz? Probably not. He may be OK with his blocking being left in the game with not much threat of an outbreak.

Sproles? Do you scheme against a guy who plays 30% of the plays? Maybe kick it away from him on ST's but really, our ST's have been anything but special.

I think they go after Bradford. Up the middle blitzes like we saw them do vs. Denver and hit him hard every chance they get. He's got the injury concern, questionable durability or tolerance for pressure, and very few options to help him with the pressure. Call it the highway 62 blitz, right up the gut, have Kelce over matched and his line mates to the left and right have proved incapable of help. You have Bradford who doesn't escape well, and we have a coach who never puts more than one RB in the backfield. Best case scenario for them is it totally disrupts our offense and will eliminate the possibility of us getting the 31 points we'll need to win.

I'm thinking they go after Bradford in a big way.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 6 2015, 10:18 AM) *
I think they go after Bradford. Up the middle blitzes like we saw them do vs. Denver and hit him hard every chance they get. He's got the injury concern, questionable durability or tolerance for pressure, and very few options to help him with the pressure. Call it the highway 62 blitz, right up the gut, have Kelce over matched and his line mates to the left and right have proved incapable of help. You have Bradford who doesn't escape well, and we have a coach who never puts more than one RB in the backfield. Best case scenario for them is it totally disrupts our offense and will eliminate the possibility of us getting the 31 points we'll need to win.

I'm thinking they go after Bradford in a big way.

But why? Then your superstar Sanchez will come into the game...you know...the guy you championed relentlessly...the guy you said gave them the best chance to win...the guy you said was the better player that Chip wasn't playing....

Surely Belichick sees the same thing....

or not.......lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 6 2015, 11:48 AM) *
But why? Then your superstar Sanchez will come into the game...you know...the guy you championed relentlessly...the guy you said gave them the best chance to win...the guy you said was the better player that Chip wasn't playing....

Surely Belichick sees the same thing....

or not.......lol

True.

I do realize that Bradford's passer rating of 82.4 after nine games is miles above Sanchez's of 80.7 after two and I do agree that we shouldn't be patient with Sanchez for more than two games when we're willing to give Bradford this season and sign him to a multi year contract afterwards. I guess we could belly ache about Ertz, Peters and Mathews being out, but then I'd be nothing better than a cry baby Bradford apologist, but I digress

The Sanchez I saw wasn't willing to throw the ball outside the hashes and didn't man up and run it a few times when he should have. Just as I would have pulled Bradford for his pussy play earlier in the year, I must do the same to Sanchez. He had his shot, he didn't do better than the shit that was out there before. On the bright side. Bradford did play well for a game and 3/4 before he got hurt, so maybe he can continue that trend against a sub par secondary today. He's got his work cut out for him given Mathews absence and our piss poor D, but it looks like he'll have Ertz and Peters back. Again, this Vegas line is whacked.

See how this works? It's called holding players accountable for how they play. Neither Bradford nor Sanchez are good enough, or have done anything in their career worthy of, the right to play QB on this team when they play poorly. If Bradford stinks it up today, then bring back the Sanchize next week.

This is the Eagles. You need to play well to play QB for this team. I have NO $13 M contract to justify anything. Open competition. I don't give a fuck whose feelings are hurt, I don't give a fuck if I have to sit a guy I was screaming to get a shot. He had a shot. You don't know me. I'd sit my sons if they played like that. Ask them, they'll tell you, I coached them enough.

Just win!

Now as to why Bellicheat would want to knock him out of the game, part of it is lack of options. There no R.Mathews or J. Maclin from last year, they don't use Sproles enough, obvious choices. The other part, is the Eagles because of their horrid play of late, see Bradford as a ray of hope, kind of like that mirage in the dessert you pursue for miles to find only parched sand. Even if it is a mirage, get him out of the game, and you cut the heart out of your opponent, if there is one to be found. They had that hope for Sanchez too. They perked up. Short lived. Only so much lip stick you can put on a heartless pig.

All that being said, I got a feeling about this one. I think we have more of a shot than most think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.