Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About the franchise QB problem
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Looking at the top 20 QB in yards passing this year, here's where the QB's came from by round:

1st - 14
2nd - 3
3rd - 1
4th - 1
6th - 1

Until you find a top two tier QB, wouldn't it make sense to select a QB in either the 1st or 2nd round every year, provided that the talent is there?

Worst case scenario, you keep on firing to try to strike gold. The proof is not in the pudding to select QB's in the lower rounds, so I think we need to go the first two rounds as 17 of the 20 come from there.

It's easier to find other positions on the lower rounds and in FA.

I'm leaning towards the NEPM drafting philosophy, a QB every year in first or 2nd round, until we hit on one.
mcnabbulous
I've literally been saying this for years. Just keep drafting one until you find the one. Nothing else matters until then.
Joegrane
Unfortunately that is how bad teams stay bad. They waste their high draft picks on busts.

My fear is that their record will be bad enough to be within range of a prospective "franchise QB". What good is a QB when the O Line is a sieve?

Alternatively they could trade down, pick an OT who would start at OG temporarily and get a 2nd round pick to use to replace Curry.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 28 2015, 09:44 PM) *
I've literally been saying this for years. Just keep drafting one until you find the one. Nothing else matters until then.

samaroo
I agree. Every thing is second priority until a QB is found. There aren't any Andrew Lucks to be had? Give me a Paxton Lynch, please!
Eyrie
I had to double check that the original post wasn't by mcnabbulous.

Sadly, it looks like we're going to have a high pick in a year where the pickings at QB are iffy.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 29 2015, 05:46 AM) *
I had to double check that the original post wasn't by mcnabbulous.

Sadly, it looks like we're going to have a high pick in a year where the pickings at QB are iffy.

The pickings at QB are almost always iffy. You can't wait around for Andrew Luck to fall into your lap.

Zero
From what I've read, Lynch, Cook and Goff could be good to very good NFL QBs. Goff sounds like Bradford but Lynch and Cook both sound like they could be SB QBs.

Many were pissed that Chip won the last game against the Giants last year, needlessly sacrificing draft position. I wonder if he decided Sam wasn't his man and started that make up early this year ... nah.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 29 2015, 11:48 AM) *
From what I've read, Lynch, Cook and Goff could be good to very good NFL QBs. Goff sounds like Bradford but Lynch and Cook both sound like they could be SB QBs.

Many were pissed that Chip won the last game against the Giants last year, needlessly sacrificing draft position. I wonder if he decided Sam wasn't his man and started that make up early this year ... nah.

Not yet he hasn't. However...............

Methinks he won't have the option to tank.

The players will do that for him.

They'll do the Sixers proud. Not by design, but by futility.
samaroo
Why couldn't my family be from Boston. Or Green Bay. Or Pittsburgh. I can't help but think how much money I would've saved over the years on Tums.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.