Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it just me?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
  • There've been one or two games that Murray looked like one of the few players showing passion. Rearview mirror.
  • What does it mean that Maxwell is blaming himself for team losses?
  • Why would an offensive HC neglect the OL two years in a row?
  • What happens to make a near dominant DL disappear?

So many of the games this year, both wins and losses, looked as if there had been either a terrible game plan or the players weren't prepared. Either way, this points to coaching.

Murray was one of the few players showing fire in a couple of the early games but that seems to have disappeared. Sliding instead of fighting for yards isn't the Murray I remember. Maxwell's taken a lot of heat for his play, some of it well deserved. His Nnamdi tackles aside, he seems to be put in positions that don't take advantage of his strengths. Is it me or were we told this was a press coverage defense ... DKD doesn't understand press corners playing 10 yards off the receiver.

I don't think it's the players who are responsible for this mess. Cliche: the coaches have to put the players in a position to make plays. If the players lose confidence in the coach's ability to do that that little extra fight disappears.

Lurie struck gold with the Reid signing but flamed out on his GMs. He absolutely NEEDS to find his Ozzie Newsome!
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 27 2015, 07:29 AM) *
There've been one or two games that Murray looked like one of the few players showing passion.

I agree, I really liked that about him even though I've never been a fan of him or his signing. The change is a disturbing trend.

Why would an offensive HC neglect the OL two years in a row?

He intended to draft one in the 4th but they were taken ahead of him. They traded the pick to this year. Is that a 3rd rounder this year or just a high 4th?
He intended to keep Matthis. Who would have thought Matthis would be so stupid and Chip would be similarly stupid in his handling of the situation.
He liked Barbre at RG.
That would not have been bad had they stayed reasonably healthy.

What happens to make a near dominant DL disappear?

That is a good question. I suspect Cox is nicked up. He was so dominant; now he seems average.

So many of the games this year, both wins and losses, looked as if there had been either a terrible game plan or the players weren't prepared. Either way, this points to coaching.

I suspect the fast pace is working against them with their youth at WR and so many players learning the system. In a typical huddle situation I assume someone can be assigned to make sure the rookies know their assignments. With Chips fast pace, there is no time for that.

Maxwell ... DKD doesn't understand press corners playing 10 yards off the receiver.

On third and short!! A rookie should know better than that!

I don't think it's the players who are responsible for this mess. Cliche: the coaches have to put the players in a position to make plays.

Recall very early in the season or preseason, Rowe was defending a route similar to one TD he gave up. However he got his head turned around, tipped the ball into the air, and the Safety intercepted it. That should have happened on one of the fade routes before the TD.

The offense continues to be mediocre at best. It is the change in the D that has been different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.