Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What has to happen now?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Painfully obvious this team is going nowhere this year. In fact, they're there. There's still a pretty decent roster that has some glaring holes to fill. Can that be done in one year? What comes first?

The biggest question we're going to be hearing quite a bit of is Kelly. Will he be here, California or Tennessee? If he stays, does he still control the roster? They need a QB, 2 OL, CB and WR at least.

If you're Lurie, what are you doing this week?
nephillymike
I stay away from the team and press and don't do anything stupid like answer a question he answered last year about Howie then demote him a few days later.

I make a list of GM and coaching candidates. I check it twice. I ask everyone I know about all of those on the list.

I watch the game film of these last two games and the next five with someone who knows what they're watching.

I make a list. Who is playing with heart. Who has quit. Go over the salary cap with someone in the know and be able to know the ramifications of cutting big ticket guys like Murray and Maxwell.

I make it MY BUSINESS to know what the fuck MY BUSINESS is doing. But that's me.

Then I wait until the season ends.

And I announce the firings and hirings then.

He waited a year too long with Ray and Andy.

Can't make that mistake again.

If by chance the team rebounds and un quits, then we'll see where we are after the season when I tell Chip that Chip the GM is fired. In the likely event that they don't rebound, then adios. I would try to trade him but I'm sure my background checks on the GM and coaches will make that difficult. Maybe I float that idea to TENN before all of the other stuff and see where we are with picks for him.

Sound like a plan?
bwc2112
[quote name='nephillymike' date='Nov 26 2015, 09:38 PM' post='279795']
I stay away from the team and press and don't do anything stupid like answer a question he answered last year about Howie then demote him a few days later.

I make a list of GM and coaching candidates. I check it twice. I ask everyone I know about all of those on the list.

I watch the game film of these last two games and the next five with someone who knows what they're watching.

I make a list. Who is playing with heart. Who has quit. Go over the salary cap with someone in the know and be able to know the ramifications of cutting big ticket guys like Murray and Maxwell.

I make it MY BUSINESS to know what the fuck MY BUSINESS is doing. But that's me.

Then I wait until the season ends.

And I announce the firings and hirings then.

He waited a year too long with Ray and Andy.

Can't make that mistake again.

If by chance the team rebounds and un quits, then we'll see where we are after the season when I tell Chip that Chip the GM is fired. In the likely event that they don't rebound, then adios. I would try to trade him but I'm sure my background checks on the GM and coaches will make that difficult. Maybe I float that idea to TENN before all of the other stuff and see where we are with picks for him.

Sound like a plan?
[/
I can defiantly agree, ride the storm out,assess all damage, then make decisions accordingly. Failure is not a bad thing, unless you don't learn from it.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 26 2015, 08:51 PM) *

Commit harakiri, after leaving in your will that the franchise will be passed on to someone who actually cares about winning a Super Bowl, and not just making money. This franchise has just been taken back to 1996.
Joegrane
Positively O Line is the biggest issue, far bigger than QB and WR. Chip invested all that $ in RB without an O Line. The team is built around moving the ball with tempo. You can't do that without a solid O Line. They need to prepare for the loss of J Peters.

Another concern is D Line since they'll likely loose Curry.

N Carroll is a FA I think. I bet he'll be back.

Celek is one of their most productive players. Even at his age I suppose he'll be back.

The biggest negative about being such a bad team is that FAs won't want to come to your team. They'll likely need a FA O Lineman and probably a veteran WR to replace Cooper and Austin, probably one with size.

I wonder if the emergence of Hicks means the end of the road for D Ryans.

Lurie needs to chill out with a smoke if he is liberal, or GABA + magnesium + lithium if he likes natural medicine. He is going to get a high draft pick to patch his O Line or to allow chip to trade down and recover his lost 2nd round pick.

The thing to watch from Chip is whether he pulls out all his tricks out for the Skins and Giants games to give them a little momentum at the end of the season. I don't expect a W before the Skins game.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 26 2015, 08:51 PM) *
Painfully obvious this team is going nowhere this year. In fact, they're there. There's still a pretty decent roster that has some glaring holes to fill. Can that be done in one year? What comes first?

The biggest question we're going to be hearing quite a bit of is Kelly. Will he be here, California or Tennessee? If he stays, does he still control the roster? They need a QB, 2 OL, CB and WR at least.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.