Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll On The Bright Side
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I think we've learned a few more things:

1. Billy has to go.

2. Chip the GM has to go.

3. Chip the coach, is another game away from being thrown out with that fucking bathwater he is always talking about, and same goes for Shurmer.

4. Sanchez sucks too.

5. Our draft picks can't play worth a shit.

Here's the NEPM plan to get rid of Chip in a NY minute:

Take away Chip's GM duties. Tell him we'd like him to coach still. (as we owe him money) Hire Howie back as GM. Chip quits, we don't owe him the coin.

That ought to do it.

However, I don't do any of that now. I make them sleep in the bed they made for five long weeks. Let it become ever so clear to everyone around just how incompetent they are, while improving our draft status with every showing of futility.

Then the morning after the last game, before his day after press conference break the news to him and let Black Monday begin.

Let it begin.
Zero
That sounds vindictive and that won't help the team.

If I'm Lurie I already have a list of confidants and advisers to talk to. If I don't think it's possible for Kelly to regain the team I do what you suggest and tell him I'm hiring a GM to take the weight off of his shoulders so he can concentrate on coaching. Let the GM deal with the situation after that, both Kelly and Davis.

Kelly may quit and go back to college or maybe the rumors of Tennessee gain steam and there's a trade. The Raiders got two 1's and two 2's for Gruden. The Eagles won't get that but Kelly/Mariota is a unique pairing, at least perceptually and may yield a 1 and a 2?

I'm not convinced he can't fix this, but his strength is what was the major problem so it doesn't look good to me. I think a good GM is the tough find and the right fix.

Just me overreacting?
HobbEs
Lurie could do what Paul Allen did with Holmgren in Seattle a few years ago. Go to him and offer a choice: either be GM or Coach but not both. Holmgren decided to just coach, they bought in a new GM and went to the Super Bowl the following year.

Not that I expect that to happen. Chip is over matched and he's quit on this team. He just needs to go.
HobbEs
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 26 2015, 09:03 PM) *
That sounds vindictive and that won't help the team.

If I'm Lurie I already have a list of confidants and advisers to talk to. If I don't think it's possible for Kelly to regain the team I do what you suggest and tell him I'm hiring a GM to take the weight off of his shoulders so he can concentrate on coaching. Let the GM deal with the situation after that, both Kelly and Davis.

Kelly may quit and go back to college or maybe the rumors of Tennessee gain steam and there's a trade. The Raiders got two 1's and two 2's for Gruden. The Eagles won't get that but Kelly/Mariota is a unique pairing, at least perceptually and may yield a 1 and a 2?

I'm not convinced he can't fix this, but his strength is what was the major problem so it doesn't look good to me. I think a good GM is the tough find and the right fix.

Just me overreacting?

When does anyone on this board ever overreact? unsure.gif
HobbEs
Even more on the bright side, Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting still has Mad Elf.
Zero
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 26 2015, 09:13 PM) *
Even more on the bright side, Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting still has Mad Elf.

I had a few today.
Eyrie
I would expect that Lurie monitors who would be available every year and this season should be no different, both for the coaching and GM roles.

I'd keep Kelly in place until the end of this season and then fire him unless there has been a marked upturn in our performances.
mcnabbulous
Gase Gase Gase
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2015, 07:37 PM) *
Gase Gase Gase

Tell me more please.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2015, 02:37 PM) *
Gase Gase Gase

Why?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 27 2015, 01:38 PM) *
Why?

Young offensive mind who is currently getting the most of Jay Cutler in years.

I want an offensive head coach to mentor the QB we inevitably draft. I think Gase is the most promising.
Zero
The question is if he has HC potential. For me, the GM is the most important and the hardest to find. Tom Gamble?
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 28 2015, 04:55 AM) *
Young offensive mind who is currently getting the most of Jay Cutler in years.

I want an offensive head coach to mentor the QB we inevitably draft. I think Gase is the most promising.

That doesn't sound familiar to you?
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 28 2015, 08:09 AM) *

Sounds like Mcnabbulous is hoping lightning will strike twice.

Zero's right though - we need a top GM to ensure that Kelly's replacement is given the right players.
samaroo
I'd like to see Kelly stick.
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 28 2015, 12:20 PM) *
I'd like to see Kelly stick.

We finished last season poorly and have struggled this season. What makes you think that he will do better next year given his poor personnel decisions and lack of a decent QB?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 28 2015, 02:09 AM) *

Who are you referring to? Chip didn't draft a QB to develop. To me, it sounds like Andy, if anything. Which is fine by me.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 28 2015, 03:56 PM) *
Who are you referring to? Chip didn't draft a QB to develop. To me, it sounds like Andy, if anything. Which is fine by me.

I understood Reid to be the reference.

As regards Kelly not drafting a QB, he did - Barkley in 2013. However as a fourth round pick he was always a long shot.
Phits
I don't think it matters who we get, until we have a QB. The best course of action might be to find a better DC and continue to build upon the "strength" of the team (defense). Meanwhile build the foundation of the offense by acquiring necessary parts, but not at a premium....and keep seeking that franchise QB. Bring in everybody potential player until we find the one that fits.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 28 2015, 10:32 PM) *
We finished last season poorly and have struggled this season. What makes you think that he will do better next year given his poor personnel decisions and lack of a decent QB?

I don't necessarily think all his personnel decisions have been poor. Nobody brings in players at a 100% hit rate. And what makes you think someone else would be better given the lack of a decent QB?

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 29 2015, 12:56 AM) *

Chip. He drafted Barkley, as noted above. But he sure as hell got a lot out of Nick his first year, don't you think?

QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 29 2015, 02:12 AM) *
I don't think it matters who we get, until we have a QB. The best course of action might be to find a better DC and continue to build upon the "strength" of the team (defense). Meanwhile build the foundation of the offense by acquiring necessary parts, but not at a premium....and keep seeking that franchise QB. Bring in everybody potential player until we find the one that fits.

We need a QB, that's for damn sure. What baffles me are all the sentiments lately that we need a new DC. Haven't we been lauding the D all year, cause it's been awesome? We've had a down stretch, for sure, but our O and ST haven't been helping the D out any. GB has looked bad the past few weeks, so I guess they need a new QB? I don't get this knee-jerk reactionism. The road to the SB is a marathon, not a sprint.
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 29 2015, 09:13 AM) *
I don't necessarily think all his personnel decisions have been poor. Nobody brings in players at a 100% hit rate. And what makes you think someone else would be better given the lack of a decent QB?

I'd judge someone a success if they hit more often than they miss. The lack of a QB will hurt our overall record but can't disguise the fact that too many of the other personnel moves have failed.

We need a QB, that's for damn sure. What baffles me are all the sentiments lately that we need a new DC. Haven't we been lauding the D all year, cause it's been awesome? We've had a down stretch, for sure, but our O and ST haven't been helping the D out any. GB has looked bad the past few weeks, so I guess they need a new QB? I don't get this knee-jerk reactionism. The road to the SB is a marathon, not a sprint.

Our defence has been poor in recent games - is that the fault of the scheme or the execution? If it's the scheme then we need a new co-ordinator, if it's the players then the co-ordinator needs to show some flexibility.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 29 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Our defence has been poor in recent games - is that the fault of the scheme or the execution? If it's the scheme then we need a new co-ordinator, if it's the players then the co-ordinator needs to show some flexibility.

A two game stretch of suck shouldn't get a coach fired who has definitely shown solid improvement since his arrival. Hell, arguably the only positive we can look to since the regime change has been the defensive improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.