Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The bad news is....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
... we're only one win out of picking 20th again.
Eagle2720
That's depressing as shit, and to think we don't have a 2nd rounder now either...
Zero
I realize this chain sounds convoluted, but I'll pass it along anyway.

A close friend has a friend inside the Eagles organization. He tells me there have been discussions regarding a Chip Kelly reunion with Marcus Mariota. The rumor has it that Chip would go to Tennessee, I'm assuming as a trade a la Gruden to Tampa. That trade yielded the Raiders two firsts and two seconds.

Just passing this along for what it is, an unsubstantiated rumor but it does make some sense. Mariota and Kelly excelled when together and some might say Kelly's biggest problem in Philadelphia is a QB capable of running his system. If Tenn believes that, his being united with Mariota may be what Lurie was envisioning here. On the Eagles side, Kelly seems to be losing this team. The lack of emotion and effort yesterday was disheartening. The team is getting worse not better. There are several holes that need talent.

FWIW
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 23 2015, 12:32 PM) *

A close friend has a friend inside the Eagles organization. He tells me there have been discussions regarding a Chip Kelly reunion with Marcus Mariota. The rumor has it that Chip would go to Tennessee, I'm assuming as a trade a la Gruden to Tampa. That trade yielded the Raiders two firsts and two seconds.

Just passing this along for what it is, an unsubstantiated rumor but it does make some sense. Mariota and Kelly excelled when together and some might say Kelly's biggest problem in Philadelphia is a QB capable of running his system. If Tenn believes that, his being united with Mariota may be what Lurie was envisioning here. On the Eagles side, Kelly seems to be losing this team. The lack of emotion and effort yesterday was disheartening. The team is getting worse not better. There are several holes that need talent.

FWIW

Certainly an interesting scenario. I think it's too complicated to work, but it might be in everyone's best interest.

I think Chip will be great with the right QB. Finding that guy is so fucking hard that it may just not happen here.
Eyrie
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 23 2015, 12:30 PM) *
... we're only one win out of picking 20th again.

Is it legal to start wanting the NJ VaGiants to win games?
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 23 2015, 01:32 PM) *

FWIW

The main difference being, Gruden had already proven himself in the NFL. We'd probably get a 3rd round pick for kelly, at best.
HobbEs
After this week's performance we're lucky we don't have to GIVE Tennessee a pick to take Chip.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 23 2015, 02:04 PM) *
Certainly an interesting scenario. I think it's too complicated to work, but it might be in everyone's best interest.

I think Chip will be great with the right QB. Finding that guy is so fucking hard that it may just not happen here.

Don't want to be the guy to start talking about draft, but if Chip were to stay I would love to see him paired up with Boykin out of TCU, reminds of Mariota just a little smaller. But we see how height isn't always the biggest factor with QB play. (Brees, Vick, Wilson)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.