Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tag'em and Bag'em
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
I figure after the Lions kick their asses this Thursday, by Friday Chipper will have officially lost the team.

If Lurie doesn’t fire him at the end of this year --- which I know he doesn’t have the balls to do --- Chipper will get to reshuffle the deck again, but probably for just one more time.
Phits
It doesn't take balls to fire Chip, it would take a lack of brains.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 22 2015, 03:29 PM) *
It doesn't take balls to fire Chip, it would take a lack of brains.

What has Chip done that has impressed you so much?
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 22 2015, 03:54 PM) *
What has Chip done that has impressed you so much?

He got the GM title in the off season. Did you think this team, that missed the playoffs last season, was going to win the Superbowl? How many GMs in the history of the league transformed their team into a sb winner in their first season?

It's not what Chip has done, its the amount of time he has had. Unless you feel that a replacement GM is going to transform this tem into a legitimate contender in one off season?

HobbEs
Chip is done here. Good luck to him at USC.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 22 2015, 04:06 PM) *
He got the GM title in the off season. Did you think this team, that missed the playoffs last season, was going to win the Superbowl? How many GMs in the history of the league transformed their team into a sb winner in their first season?

It's not what Chip has done, its the amount of time he has had. Unless you feel that a replacement GM is going to transform this tem into a legitimate contender in one off season?

No GMs that I know of transformed or tried to transform a team into a SB winner in one year, but that is exactly what Chip tried to do this year by building through free agency, and as we all know --- just ask Dan Snyder --- it doesn't work.
HobbEs
Why do you have to ask Dan Snyder when the 'Dream Team' is still in our rear view mirror?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 22 2015, 04:16 PM) *
Why do you have to ask Dan Snyder when the 'Dream Team' is still in our rear view mirror?

True. But that one was done out of desperation. This one was part of the grand plan.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 22 2015, 04:12 PM) *
No GMs that I know of transformed or tried to transform a team into a SB winner in one year, but that is exactly what Chip tried to do this year by building through free agency, and as we all know --- just ask Dan Snyder --- it doesn't work.

Every team needs draft picks and free agents. It's a misnomer suggesting that Chip tried to build through free agency. This team is a mix of homegrown talent and free agents.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 22 2015, 04:28 PM) *
Every team needs draft picks and free agents. It's a misnomer suggesting that Chip tried to build through free agency. This team is a mix of homegrown talent and free agents.

The core of your team is built through the draft, not free agency. He was building this team in the off season to win this year, via free agency. I don't think there is any denying that.

Hey, you see it one way, I see it another.

I just hope Lurie doesn't dick around getting rid of this guy like he did when he first got here with Kotite ---- should have booted him on day one. He gave Rhodes and extra year --- that was a year wasted. And he wasted at least 2 years before unloading Reid.
mcnabbulous
Whatever you want to say about Chip or this team, this was just about the most uninspired performance I can recall.

We got smoked by a mediocre team with a rookie QB.

This team needs to be blown up. It should have happened when Chip first got here. The pressure to succeed immediately screwed that plan up.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 22 2015, 04:36 PM) *
The core of your team is built through the draft, not free agency. He was building this team in the off season to win this year, via free agency. I don't think there is any denying that.

There's plenty to deny. However...

you see it one way, I see it another.

I just hope Lurie doesn't dick around getting rid of this guy like he did when he first got here with Kotite ---- should have booted him on day one. He gave Rhodes and extra year --- that was a year wasted. And he wasted at least 2 years before unloading Reid.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 22 2015, 04:43 PM) *
This team needs to be blown up. It should have happened when Chip first got here.

Nothing that drastic, but, there are some fundamental changes that need to be made.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 22 2015, 03:58 PM) *
Nothing that drastic, but, there are some fundamental changes that need to be made.

After today, defensive coordinator is very high on the list.
Joegrane
He'll bolster the O Line, release Coop and Austin and bring in a mid-level FA WR. Bradford will be back as QB but at a lower salary.

Why no read-option with Sanchez? Did the NFL effectively eliminate it with the ruling in the preseason? Has anyone else been running it?

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 22 2015, 03:17 PM) *
I figure after the Lions kick their asses this Thursday, by Friday Chipper will have officially lost the team.

If Lurie doesn’t fire him at the end of this year --- which I know he doesn’t have the balls to do --- Chipper will get to reshuffle the deck again, but probably for just one more time.

xsv
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 22 2015, 11:54 PM) *
Why no read-option with Sanchez?

He ran it once for like 12 yards.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 23 2015, 04:54 AM) *
He'll bolster the O Line, release Coop and Austin and bring in a mid-level FA WR. Bradford will be back as QB but at a lower salary.

Why no read-option with Sanchez? Did the NFL effectively eliminate it with the ruling in the preseason? Has anyone else been running it?

I've seen nothing to suggest that Bradford deserves a new deal here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.