Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A nugget that relates to the offense
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
"The coaches trust (Austin). He's going to be where he's supposed to be. And he's going to run the right route. He's a good route runner and coaches like that. The other receivers have been sloppy in their route running, that's causing a lot of problems. So even though the other receivers might be better, they're going to go with the guy who's running the right route all the time.''
Here ...

I think most fans have been at least content with the improvement we've seen on the defensive side of the ball. That improvement may be even more dramatic if teams were behind enough to make them a one dimensional passing team. And that's the big problem, it's been just the opposite on the offensive side. Chip's first two years made us expect spectacular from the offense and most of our expectations were at worst a small setback due to new faces. I think Bradford's issues, complicated and enhanced by receiver issues have been the major problem for the offense this year. The offense has consistently put the defense in bad situations. Better receivers will help whoever is under centre but especially a guy who is try to shed multiple issues of his own.
Joegrane
I believe that but Austin can't get open and isn't a big guy who can be counted on to win jump-ball situations. He's just a #4 WR and veteran presence.

They are not going anywhere this year. Play the young guys and let them learn by making mistakes. At least they'll occasionally make a few good, entertaining plays along with way.

With Sanchez at QB, he can at least take off and try to get a few yards with his legs.

"The coaches trust (Austin). He's going to be where he's supposed to be. And he's going to run the right route. He's a good route runner and coaches like that. The other receivers have been sloppy in their route running, that's causing a lot of problems.
mcnabbulous
Austin's play is inexcusable. He's absolutely awful. The worst signing of Chip's tenure.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.