Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford or Sanchez
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Of all the problems plaguing the Eagles this season, poor QB play has been the stand out. The receivers and o-line are serviceable, not good/great but serviceable. Elevated play at QB would have been the difference in (at least) 2 losses this season.

"I told you at the beginning of the season there's not much of a difference,'' the second scout said. "It doesn't matter -- Bradford, Sanchez, Foles ... they're all the same. It's not like Dallas losing (Tony) Romo and having to go to (Brandon) Weeden.

"Sanchez looks better in their offense. But the thing is he has to stay away from the mistake. That's bothered him his whole career.''

Phits
When he took over for Nick Foles in 2014, Sanchez played nine games and started eight. He completed 198 of 309 passes (64.1 percent) for 2,418 yards with 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 88.4. He ran 34 times for 87 yards and a touchdown.

Bradford, through eight-plus games this year before getting hurt, completed 214 of 335 passes (63.9 percent) for 2,297 yards with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 82.4.
Eagle2720
You can't really go by that considering Sanchez had Maclin, good WR play and good O-line play last year.
Phits
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Nov 17 2015, 01:59 PM) *
You can't really go by that considering Sanchez had Maclin, good WR play and good O-line play last year.

How about comparing their career stats? Which are also very similar.
Bradford
Sanchez
It's quite possible that Bradford is "the better QB". However, there is no evidence to support that claim.
Joegrane
Very good point but Sanchez might not have had full arm strength yet.

Given the weakness on the O line and at WR, Sanchez' mobility would seem to be a big asset now. He sure looked good moving around in the pocket and beyond before throwing that HORRIBLE pick. The tempo looks deadly for opponents.

I really look forward to what he might do this week, especially if Peters is back.

QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Nov 17 2015, 12:59 PM) *

mcnabbulous
This is literally no different than the Foles vs. Sanchez arguments from last year. They both suck. Don't try to nitpick it.

I think Bradford is better when things are there for the taking. Sanchez is better when improvisation is needed. Neither is a long term answer.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 17 2015, 12:35 PM) *
Of all the problems plaguing the Eagles this season, poor QB play has been the stand out. The receivers and o-line are serviceable, not good/great but serviceable. Elevated play at QB would have been the difference in (at least) 2 losses this season.

The receivers have not been serviceable.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2015, 07:18 PM) *
The receivers have not been serviceable.

Yeah I would agree with this. The OL has been fine in recent weeks. The receivers are awful. Cooper and Austin are wastes of roster spots.
Birdman420
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 17 2015, 07:41 PM) *
This is literally no different than the Foles vs. Sanchez arguments from last year. They both suck. Don't try to nitpick it.

I think Bradford is better when things are there for the taking. Sanchez is better when improvisation is needed. Neither is a long term answer.

I agree completely with this, and also with our awful receiving core.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.