Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stick a fork in Bradford
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
IMO, the Bradford experiment is over. He just isn't a reliable option and the learning curve appears to be way too steep for him. Sanchez certainly isn't the QB of the future, but the offence moves with him at the helm. A week of practice with the first team and we are likely to see a vast improvement with the "fluidity" of the O.

It's a shame that Bradford chose this game to go down:
...that trade condition where the Eagles get a fourth round pick back from the Rams if Bradford plays less than 50% of the offensive snaps in Philadelphia just voided.

Miles Austin should be cut. I don't care who replaces him, but a wily veteran is supposed to make a better play on that end zone pass. He should know his end zone placement.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 15 2015, 08:25 PM) *
IMO, the Bradford experiment is over. He just isn't a reliable option and the learning curve appears to be way too steep for him. Sanchez certainly isn't the QB of the future, but the offence moves with him at the helm. A week of practice with the first team and we are likely to see a vast improvement with the "fluidity" of the O.

It's a shame that Bradford chose this game to go down:

Miles Austin should be cut. I don't care who replaces him, but a wily veteran is supposed to make a better play on that end zone pass. He should know his end zone placement.

As far as I am concerned, the Bradford experiment isn't over until the end of the season. Sanchez blows; end of story.
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 16 2015, 07:22 AM) *
As far as I am concerned, the Bradford experiment isn't over until the end of the season. Sanchez blows; end of story.

Did the offense show more energy, move faster and appear more consistent with Bradford or Sanchez?
nd9kel
The end result with Sanchez was a replay of his career.
xsv
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Nov 16 2015, 09:23 AM) *
The end result with Sanchez was a replay of his career.

The same can be said of Bradford.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 16 2015, 02:25 PM) *
Did the offense show more energy, move faster and appear more consistent with Bradford or Sanchez?

They scored with Bradford. They did not with senior butt fumble.

"more energy?" really?

SMH

rolleyes.gif

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 12:40 PM) *

I wonder how they would have fared, if not for Celek's (amazing) first half performance.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 11:40 AM) *

"more energy?" really?

SMH

rolleyes.gif

They didn't score after the first quarter with Bradford. He was mediocre again. When guys are running wide open, he looks fine. Otherwise he is not good.
Eyrie
Neither Sanchez nor Bradford can get us into the playoffs this season, but at least Sanchez improves the offense.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 16 2015, 07:06 PM) *
....at least Sanchez improves the offense.

Uh, no he doesn't.

With bradford, the skill kids are dropping the ball, but at least they're looking for it.

laugh.gif

We'd be fine if we had either an offensive line, or an honest to goodness NFL wide receiver.

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 03:19 PM) *
Uh, no he doesn't.

With bradford, the skill kids are dropping the ball, but at least they're looking for it.

laugh.gif

We'd be fine if we had either an offensive line, or an honest to goodness NFL wide receiver.

We wouldn't be "fine" with Bradford. He just doesn't have it.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 16 2015, 12:55 PM) *
I wonder how they would have fared, if not for Celek's (amazing) first half performance.

Can't credit just Celek, it was a connection between Celek and Bradford that resulted in those yards. You can nick pick Bradford for a lot of things but you can't sweep his positives under the rug either.

We don't have the QB of the future, that's obvious, it's going to be interesting going into the off season this year.

Vince Young anyone?smile.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Nov 16 2015, 04:09 PM) *
Can't credit just Celek, it was a connection between Celek and Bradford that resulted in those yards. You can nick pick Bradford for a lot of things but you can't sweep his positives under the rug either.

It's not nitpicking. Celek turned in one helluva first half performance. Absent of those stats, Bradford would have only passed for 102 yards in the first half with 15 completions. He held onto the ball way too long and cost us yards/downs. The O-line may have played half assed, but Bradford helped them look even worse than they were.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 16 2015, 08:44 PM) *
We wouldn't be "fine" with Bradford. He just doesn't have it.

I don't believe that's knowable considering the utter failures from the O line and WRs.

Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 10:01 PM) *
I don't believe that's knowable considering the utter failures from the O line and WRs.

Bradford has looked uncertain when the OL has played well and some of the receiving failures are poorly thrown balls rather than drops.

There is plenty of blame to be shared, so I'm not sure why you're attempting to make excuses for Bradford.
nd9kel
Regardless, Kelly has committed to Bradford when he's healthy again. Deal with it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 05:01 PM) *

I'm pretty surprised you're still making those excuses for the guy. He's simply not very good. Maybe he could be passable with better surroundings, but he pretty obviously doesn't have it.
D Rock
Excuses? The guy was getting murdered back there. Nobody is going to look good playing QB on this dog shit pile of an offense.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 09:38 PM) *
Excuses? The guy was getting murdered back there. Nobody is going to look good playing QB on this dog shit pile of an offense.

You're a funny dude.
CT_Eagle
I have been disappointed in Bradford so far this year but I think he was showing some moderate improvement before he was hurt. Couple that with the stated concerns surrounding the OL and WRs and it may be premature to write off Bradford at this point.

At this point I think Chip's plan will be to explore other options at the QB position and have Bradford as a fall back option. Having Bradford back next season will depend more on his contract demands than anything else. If he is looking for a big contract then Chip is going to have move on. Bradford has a handful of games after he comes back from his injuries to change this equation.
GroundedBird
Sanchez isn't the answer, but he does show us something that we need, more mobility at QB.

Is Bradford the answer? I don't know, it's a shame that he got injured and because of that, we couldn't fully evaluate him.

I'm thinking that Chip knows that he needs to patch up his OL (I think that's become quite apparent). I also think that Bradford might get another year. There's not much in the QB class coming out.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 17 2015, 11:54 PM) *
You're a funny dude.

Especially from the front.

Say what you will... I still take Samantha or Senior Butt Fumble over Geno Fucking Smith.

ANY DAY. And TWICE on Sunday.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.