Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I think I learned today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
With a QB and complete OL this team is a contender.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2015, 10:40 PM) *

That is a lot of pieces. If we are looking to the future the only player on the OL is Johnson. Peters is getting old and his time is running out. Before the season I would have put Kelce on this list but he has really regressed since last season.

Of course getting a legit QB is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL.
Zero
Players have bad seasons. Kelce has been a solid centre having a terrible year.

If Peters ever moves to G that leaves the needs at a RT and improved depth. They also need a WR. OL depth can come from second/third tier FA and/or draft. Starting T will probably have to come from an early draft pick. QB is the issue which is why Kelly gambled on Bradford.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2015, 05:52 PM) *

If Peters ever moves to G that leaves the needs at a RT and improved depth. They also need a WR. OL depth can come from second/third tier FA and/or draft. Starting T will probably have to come from an early draft pick. QB is the issue which is why Kelly gambled on Bradford.

I refuse to talk draft until they tell us we're out of the playoffs.

I'll leave the fools gold of M. Smith, Rowe, Algholar, Watkins, Reynolds etc till that point.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2015, 10:52 PM) *

I make it Johnson, Peters (if he moves to G), Kelce (if he gets his act together) and two missing starters at RG and RT, plus at least three players for depth so we've five needs.

You don't have a functioning offense without a capable OL.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 15 2015, 06:12 PM) *
I make it Johnson, Peters (if he moves to G), Kelce (if he gets his act together) and two missing starters at RG and RT, plus depth.

You don't have a functioning offense without a capable OL.

Peter's aint moving to OG and take a $5M pay cut.

For who? Dennis Kelly?

He'll be back next week at LT and Johnson at RT and we'll go from there.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 15 2015, 05:13 PM) *

For who? Dennis Kelly?

Agreed. Peters isn't playing guard. It's just not an option.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2015, 05:40 PM) *

It is not that bad.

If any one of the following did not happen they most likely would have won:

Blocked punt
Deflected pass drops in for a TD
Missed short FG
Bone head Int in Red Zone after moving the team quite well!

Yikes, Kelly got exposed.

Bradford either has guts or is crazy for taking all of those hits.

Sanchez can definitely move in the pocket. He clearly loves to run hi-tempo. Was there a bit more zip on his ball than last year. If he could just avoid the bad mistakes he could run this offense.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 16 2015, 01:19 AM) *
It is not that bad.

If any one of the following did not happen they most likely would have won:

Blocked punt
Deflected pass drops in for a TD
Missed short FG
Bone head Int in Red Zone after moving the team quite well!

Yikes, Kelly got exposed.

Bradford either has guts or is crazy for taking all of those hits.

Sanchez can definitely move in the pocket. He clearly loves to run hi-tempo. Was there a bit more zip on his ball than last year. If he could just avoid the bad mistakes he could run this offense.

Those are the things that seem to keep the team from winning every game they lose. My point was that Bradford doesn't run the offense as well as Sanchez and Sanchez isn't the answer. Plus, the OL needs attention even if they are doing OK. The team should be more fun to watch with Sanchez but it ain't no SB team.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 16 2015, 06:43 AM) *
The team should be more fun to watch with Sanchez but it ain't no SB team.

Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 15 2015, 11:13 PM) *

For who? Dennis Kelly?

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 16 2015, 12:45 AM) *
Agreed. Peters isn't playing guard. It's just not an option.

Zero and I were looking ahead to next season and beyond. There's been a suggestion that Peters may move inside at some point to prolong his career, but no-one is say that will be next week or even next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.