Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sanchize Era Begins!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
ph34r.gif
JeeQ
Chize has the offense looking 10x faster... no denying it
Jaspercane
lets hope the turnover machine era is short lived
JeeQ
Classic Sanchize... he can't help but suck
nephillymike
We just got Sanchized!!

If Miles keeps on running on that end zone Int, it may be a different ending.

I thought Sanchez should have kept a option or two.

Would have bee n a real easy 7 yards.
Zero
Austin gave no effort. Even with a bad batch of receivers this team's biggest need is a QB. It took me long enough, but watching the offense energize with Sanchez tells us a lot. Bradford was a risk worth taking that didn't pay. Turn the page.
Eyrie
Even given that interception (and I'm glad I'm not the only who partly faults Austin there) a rusty Sanchez looked on a par with a healthy Bradford who gets all the snaps with the starters.

D Rock
You numb nuts are clueless. Sanchez is a fucking joke.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 15 2015, 06:46 PM) *
You numb nuts are clueless. Sanchez is a fucking joke.

Yep, but the offense looked better with him than with Bradford. What's that say?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2015, 06:32 PM) *
Yep, but the offense looked better with him than with Bradford. What's that say?

It certainly is more fun to watch than when Bradford is under centre. Either way, it sucks.

The running game was trash with Sanchez in there. That tells me something.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 15 2015, 07:34 PM) *
It certainly is more fun to watch than when Bradford is under centre. Either way, it sucks.

The running game was trash with Sanchez in there. That tells me something.

I think the MIA DL slowly wore down our OL with many backups. Also, you could tell that Sanchez and Murray were not in sync with steps etc in the hand off exchange. Rich Gannon said at the practice he saw the other day, Sanchez got no reps with the first squad.

Mathews missing his time with a concussion didn't help. When the holes were closing faster, he could have helped.

Was expecting Algholar to do something today. Didn't happen.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 16 2015, 01:54 AM) *
I think the MIA DL slowly wore down our OL with many backups. Also, you could tell that Sanchez and Murray were not in sync with steps etc in the hand off exchange. Rich Gannon said at the practice he saw the other day, Sanchez got no reps with the first squad.

Mathews missing his time with a concussion didn't help. When the holes were closing faster, he could have helped.

Was expecting Algholar to do something today. Didn't happen.

Not sure how the Mia DL wore down the OL after only 15 minutes of game time. The Eagles stopped scoring in the 2nd quarter.
nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 15 2015, 07:58 PM) *
Not sure how the Mia DL wore down the OL after only 15 minutes of game time. The Eagles stopped scoring in the 2nd quarter.

They got a bunch of pressure in the 2nd half, defended the run better, made D. Kelly look like D. Kelly, caused a lot of holding penalties by OL playing at a subpar level.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 16 2015, 02:01 AM) *
They got a bunch of pressure in the 2nd half, defended the run better, made D. Kelly look like D. Kelly, caused a lot of holding penalties by OL playing at a subpar level.

Maybe it was your choice of the word "wore". The offense stopped being productive in the 2nd quarter which would not be indicative of being worn down. There is no doubt that Mia started playing better from the 2nd quarter on. Less penalties and less bone headed plays like running the ball out of the endzone and falling on the one yard line.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 16 2015, 01:32 AM) *

Accept that it didn't.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 16 2015, 01:58 AM) *

DonkeyKong Suh stole Kelce's lunch money, kicked his dog, and took nude pictures of his sister.

Kelce could do NOTHING about it.

OWNED...

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 12:32 PM) *
Accept that it didn't.

Sorry to burst your bubble D but Sanchez was more fluid with the offense. Nobody is suggesting that Sanchez is the future, but Bradford's acclimation into our system is painstakingly slow. He does not demonstrate the pedigree of a franchise NFL QB.
D Rock
My bubble is long since burst. But the idea that the offense was in ANY way "better" with Sanchez under centre is wishful thinking at best. None of this mess is about the QB as I see it.

It's dog shit offensive line play, and zero talent at WR.

Fix either of those issues, and it's a different season.

It's 110% on Chip, and I'm simply disgusted at this point.

Sanchez? Bradford? Who the fuck cares? Nobody is going to do a damn thing when the O line can't block, and you have WRs that can neither beat 1 on 1 coverage, OR catch the damn ball.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 03:21 PM) *
My bubble is long since burst. But the idea that the offense was in ANY way "better" with Sanchez under centre is wishful thinking at best. None of this mess is about the QB as I see it.

It's dog shit offensive line play, and zero talent at WR.

The offense moved a lot better and quicker under Sanchez. That's not wishful thinking.

Fix either of those issues, and it's a different season.

Had Sanchez started from game 1, we would have likely had a much better season. However, we had to find out just what we had in Bradford. Now that we know he doesn't offer much, time to let the QB with the longer contract earn his money.

It's 110% on Chip, and I'm simply disgusted at this point.

Sanchez? Bradford? Who the fuck cares? Nobody is going to do a damn thing when the O line can't block, and you have WRs that can neither beat 1 on 1 coverage, OR catch the damn ball.

The plays are there to be made. The players are failing to execute. Whether that is talent or coaching, it is all on Chip.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 16 2015, 08:39 PM) *
The offense moved a lot better and quicker under Sanchez. That's not wishful thinking.

Ok. Maybe it's not wishful thinking. But it's not TRUE either.
Had Sanchez started from game 1, we would have likely had a much better season.

Pure speculation. Sanchez sucks. That much is backed up by years of evidence.
However, we had to find out just what we had in Bradford.

Truth. To bad he got no protection, and historical levels of ineptitude from the WRs.
time to let the QB with the longer contract earn his money.

Now, that's just plain stupid.
The plays are there to be made. The players are failing to execute. Whether that is talent or coaching, it is all on Chip.

Sadly, I agree...
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 06:05 PM) *

That's no different than Bradford. He is playing to the standards he has established for his career. We were all fooled into believing he can be better than below average. He hasn't shown any real marks of improvement over the entire year. He's looked good at times and for one half (in the season opener) he appeared to be great. Sadly, he regressed to what his career numbers say he is.

As for the o-line, they haven't been stellar but he has had decent protection most of the season....even then that didn't prevent him from throwing complete bone headed INT's. At least with Sanchez he seems to be trying to make something happen, when he coughs up the ball. By my count six of Bradford's 10 INT's have not been forced nor did the defender make a stellar play. It has just been bad QB'ing.

IMO, Bradford's (8 game) audition is over. It makes no sense to keep playing him, based on his play, there is no reason to sign him for next season. We already have one below average QB signed for next year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 11:33 AM) *
DonkeyKong Suh stole Kelce's lunch money, kicked his dog, and took nude pictures of his sister.

Kelce could do NOTHING about it.

OWNED...

True.

Two years ago, our OL and McCoy owned the DET DL with Suh and Farley (sp).

Times are a changin'
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 05:05 PM) *
Ok. Maybe it's not wishful thinking. But it's not TRUE either.

Truth. To bad he got no protection, and historical levels of ineptitude from the WRs.

Now, that's just plain stupid.

Sadly, I agree...

It's not like Sanchez is a top two tier QB, however, if ANYTHING, is backed up by years of evidence is that Bradford is a bottom tier NFL starting QB, if that. At least Sanchez QB'd this team at a higher level than Bradford, and with horrible defensive support.

If Bradford was capable of performing at last year's Sanchez level, then we'd have at least one more win, if not more.

Sad thing is, we as fans may get a tease of better QB play for a few games, only to have the starters job handed back to Bradford because the General Manager will say so.

We'll see.

Week by week.

No long term projections from Mikey Numbers.

We're on to the Tampa Bay game............................
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 17 2015, 01:50 AM) *
True.

Two years ago, our OL and McCoy owned the DET DL with Suh and Farley (sp).

Times are a changin'

He's apparently easier to block when he's on skates in 2 feet of snow.

D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 17 2015, 12:17 AM) *
That's no different than Bradford. He is playing to the standards he has established for his career. We were all fooled into believing he can be better than below average. He hasn't shown any real marks of improvement over the entire year. He's looked good at times and for one half (in the season opener) he appeared to be great. Sadly, he regressed to what his career numbers say he is.

As for the o-line, they haven't been stellar but he has had decent protection most of the season....even then that didn't prevent him from throwing complete bone headed INT's. At least with Sanchez he seems to be trying to make something happen, when he coughs up the ball. By my count six of Bradford's 10 INT's have not been forced nor did the defender make a stellar play. It has just been bad QB'ing.

IMO, Bradford's (8 game) audition is over. It makes no sense to keep playing him, based on his play, there is no reason to sign him for next season. We already have one below average QB signed for next year.

I said nothing about Sam. I'm saying that Sanchez sucks.

Sam was getting better, albeit at an annoyingly slow pace. He wasn't as bad this week, as he was the first 3 weeks, despite getting dog shit protection and literally NOTHING from the entire WR group.

Calling Sam's "audition over" is moronic. We still know less about him than we do Mark. At least Sam has looked good once or twice. Mark has never looked "good."

I get that some of our more simple iggles fans are desperate to find a scapegoat. But to my eyes, I'm placing more blame on the O line and WRs than I am the quarterback. Is he blameless? Hell no. But when you have no protection and only a TE and back in the flat to throw the ball to, few QBs are going to shine.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 10:35 PM) *

Sam was getting better, albeit at an annoyingly slow pace. He wasn't as bad this week, as he was the first 3 weeks, despite getting dog shit protection and literally NOTHING from the entire WR group.

Except our "dogshit o-line" is ranked 15th in pass protection. They've allowed the 9th fewest sacks in the league.
Calling Sam's "audition over" is moronic. We still know less about him than we do Mark. At least Sam has looked good once or twice. Mark has never looked "good."

We know that he has played as well as an Eagle as he has for the Rams....which is to say he has been mediocre (at best).

I get that some of our more simple iggles fans are desperate to find a scapegoat. But to my eyes, I'm placing more blame on the O line and WRs than I am the quarterback. Is he blameless? Hell no. But when you have no protection and only a TE and back in the flat to throw the ball to, few QBs are going to shine.

No more excuses for Bradford.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 16 2015, 09:35 PM) *

If Bradford played up to the level of our OL, or up to the level that Sanchez played last year, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The 15th-19th best QB in the NFL would look a hell of a lot better than what we got.

Let's see what Sanchez has. One thing I noticed is the ball is more catchable and the WR has time to come out of his break before the ball shows up. He's not great, but he is better. And if this fucking coaching staff ever realizes that our QB has 7 free yards if he ever keeps it, Sanchez has the balls to run with it. I really don't know what game film they watch. Maybe Bradford was scared to run it. That excuse is over now.

By the way, my scapegoat............................Chip Kelly, GM and coach. By far.

He picked this OL. He picked this QB. He picked these WR. His ego and system supremacy bullshit cost us a season, in year fucking 3 no less!!!

He's got one more year in my book.

Tic toc......................
D Rock
Mark Fucking Sanchez Fucking Sucks.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!!

mad.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 16 2015, 10:17 PM) *
Let's see what Sanchez has. One thing I noticed is the ball is more catchable and the WR has time to come out of his break before the ball shows up. He's not great, but he is better. And if this fucking coaching staff ever realizes that our QB has 7 free yards if he ever keeps it, Sanchez has the balls to run with it. I really don't know what game film they watch. Maybe Bradford was scared to run it. That excuse is over now.

I am almost recovered from the loss but you have to go and get me riled up again...

The entire reason for the endzone int was that Sanchez threw a ball the WR was never expecting most likely because he could not see through the defender in front of him and figured only an idiot would try to throw that pass....but beyond that you ignore Sanchez the superstar's number with his "catchable" balls...

Bradford completed 76% of his passes for 9.4 y/a and a TD with his apparent "hard to catch" ball.

Sanchez and his "easy to catch" ball completed 61% of his passes for 6.7 y/a....

So tell me...which was it....Sanchez is just inaccurate?.....(I get he came off the bench)....Bradford's throw a better ball than you give him credit for and you felt the need to reference an old silly comment? (the 2nd long catch and run to Celek was about as perfect a pass as you can throw and apparently very "catchable"

I do agree Sanchez gives the offense the actual option to run but Chip should have Sanchez under centre more to facilitate the run game....but as far as catchability? ummm...no
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 17 2015, 10:07 AM) *
The entire reason for the endzone int was that Sanchez threw a ball the WR was never expecting most likely because he could not see through the defender in front of him and figured only an idiot would try to throw that pass....but beyond that you ignore Sanchez the superstar's number with his "catchable" balls...

The reason for the INT was that Austin half assed the route, and Sanchez threw the ball a little high. The ball was already in the air when Austin seemed to be calling for the pass. At the point of the INT Sanchez was 12 for 17 with a TD called back because of the R.Cooper penalty.

Sanchez is not our saviour....not by any stretch, but the offense seems to move better with him under centre.
D Rock
You people crack me up....

Sam hits a Huff in the HANDS in the end zone and Huff drops it like he's playing in the special olympics. That one (according to ya'll) is on Sam because he doesn't throw a catchable ball. Forget that it hit him in the hands. Forget that after Huff whiffed on the catch, the ball hit him IN THE FUCKING FACE. It's all on Samantha, because ... you know ... he sucks.

But Mark comes in, makes a HORRIBLE decision and an even worse pass into traffic and it results in an INT and *cough **cough... a LOSS, but that one is on Austin?

Double standard much?

Mark Fucking Sanchez. You gotta be kidding....
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 17 2015, 01:00 PM) *
You people crack me up....

Sam hits a Huff in the HANDS in the end zone and Huff drops it like he's playing in the special olympics. That one (according to ya'll) is on Sam because he doesn't throw a catchable ball. Forget that it hit him in the hands. Forget that after Huff whiffed on the catch, the ball hit him IN THE FUCKING FACE. It's all on Samantha, because ... you know ... he sucks.

Who blamed Bradford for that?

But Mark comes in, makes a HORRIBLE decision and an even worse pass into traffic and it results in an INT and *cough **cough... a LOSS, but that one is on Austin?

Sanchez: "I think it was just a miscommunication between me and Miles. I thought he was going to do one thing and he was thinking another. So I put the ball (there) expecting, trying to anticipate where he was going and it didn't pan out very well. I don't want to say too much about the scheme; just another play we'd like to have back.''

Austin: "It was a play action and I was coming over to the left side. You are supposed to expect the ball to always come your way. Their guy made a play."
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 17 2015, 05:31 PM) *
Who blamed Bradford for that?

The vast majority of this board's membership. That's who. Did you miss all the discussion about Bradford's throws being "hard to catch?"
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 17 2015, 11:22 AM) *

Sanchez is not our saviour....not by any stretch, but the offense seems to move better with him under centre.

This is the biggest mystery to me....how does any rational mind think the offense ran better with Sanchez?

Was it all the rushing yds we accumulated after he came in?...I mean really....11 carries for 13 yds.....yep...the offense ran great for Sanchez...

Anyone who thinks that the offense ran better with Sanchez is delusional or idiotic...they dared Sanchez to beat them with his arm. I am not happy with Bradford to date but to say that Sanchez makes the offense run better after his performance on Sunday is clearly only anti Bradford. Now Sanchez has a chance to prove it with a full game but based on Sunday it is idiotic to say he makes it run better.
Phits
Reading the box score doesn't tell you the whole story. National writers, board members and PFF all rated Sanchez game performance to be better than Bradford's.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 18 2015, 10:41 AM) *
This is the biggest mystery to me....how does any rational mind think the offense ran better with Sanchez?

Was it all the rushing yds we accumulated after he came in?...I mean really....11 carries for 13 yds.....yep...the offense ran great for Sanchez...

Anyone who thinks that the offense ran better with Sanchez is delusional or idiotic...they dared Sanchez to beat them with his arm. I am not happy with Bradford to date but to say that Sanchez makes the offense run better after his performance on Sunday is clearly only anti Bradford. Now Sanchez has a chance to prove it with a full game but based on Sunday it is idiotic to say he makes it run better.

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 18 2015, 02:41 PM) *

Yup.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 18 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Reading the box score doesn't tell you the whole story. National writers, board members and PFF all rated Sanchez game performance to be better than Bradford's.

The box score? The box score? I am talking watching the game and then going through the play by play......and then watching the game again....the hand offs to Murray were painful to watch and that was when he wasn't tripping Murray up.

Don't misinterpret playing faster with playing better....Sanchez moved up the tempo a bit...no question....but that just meant that they did not score faster....

I hope Sanchez comes out and lights it up for the next 2 weeks and he is so good that Bradford is never heard from again....I really do. But any rational thinking human who watched him Sunday and thought he was a the better QB in this offense is out and out anti Bradford guy. He looked exactly like Bradford did the first few games...awkward handoffs to Murray......beyond that Sanchez looked like he was on speed....

lets hope that disappears...I like that he runs the ball.....
Phits
Logic (should) dictate that the player (Sanchez) with more experience in the system should be more comfortable than a player (Bradford) who has been off for nearly 2 seasons. Especially when the new player (Bradford) has not looked comfortable in the majority of games played. Even more so when the new player (Bradford), who has a reputation for taking care of the ball, becomes a turnover machine.

Bradford's discomfort is evident in his game play. He is hesitant and reluctant and consequently makes bad decisions. It's quite possible that he will gain some more confidence and become a better QB in this system, but for now it was quite clear that Sanchez has a better handle on the offense....with some work with the #1's he will (at minimum) give us the same production as Bradford did.

nephillymike
FWIW, they had a stat on Phila sports talk live on Comcast with Barkaan et al, take it FWIW,

The offense last year under Sanchez scored 2.6 pts per drive, far surpassing the 1.3 pts per drive put up by Folles last year and Bradford this year.

Elliot Shore Parks came up with that.

We'll see
mcnabbulous
Elliot Shore Parks is easily the worst beat guy in the Eagles sphere.

With that said, Sanchez was better than Foles last year. It won't take much to be better than Bradford has been this year, but Sanchez can't do much. So it will be interesting.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 18 2015, 09:53 PM) *
FWIW, they had a stat on Phila sports talk live on Comcast with Barkaan et al, take it FWIW,

The offense last year under Sanchez scored 2.6 pts per drive, far surpassing the 1.3 pts per drive put up by Folles last year and Bradford this year.

Elliot Shore Parks came up with that.

We'll see

Not surprising in view of the first 3 games of the season and the total number of drives for the Eagles....but a stat that should be taken in context with the rest of the league...it takes a while move that number up 8 games in after 3 bad games..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.