Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confidential
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
J_Cuz
Send my regards to the Hawkeyes.

Their effort today is much appreciated in South Jersey.

cool.gif
swamistubbs
it was a fun day here, even though the game appeared to be in jeopardy for a little.

I was actuallymore interested in the ND game, which -- coach and school allegiances notwithstanding-- was a great, great game to watch.

I'm out here for school, but have a hard time getting too excited about the Hawkeyes, since I come from an undergrad school where football didn't matter (La Salle).

Also, I spent a lot of time watching the WVU game today, because a friend of mine is from WV, and that was a great game too. All around, a great day for college football.
JDEagles
Yeah, you're not kidding, the games today were awesome. Its days like this that make me happy my school cable plan has ESPNU so i can watch all the replays all week...
swamistubbs
QUOTE (JDEagles @ Oct 15 2005, 11:12 PM)
Yeah, you're not kidding, the games today were awesome.

No doubt. It's been a while since I've had such an enjoyable day of watching football (excluding 2 weeks ago, when I was at the KC game, but I'm not counting that because being at the game and watchign on TV are dfferent circumstances). Have three friends out here who are big time fans of diferent schools: FSU, ND, and WVU. Every game was great to watch. Glad to have those friends.
J_Cuz
QUOTE (JDEagles @ Oct 15 2005, 11:12 PM)
Yeah, you're not kidding, the games today were awesome. Its days like this that make me happy my school cable plan has ESPNU so i can watch all the replays all week...

A fitting quote from a student at my alma mater!

lmao.

Don't they have some sort of football team out there in Long Island? It was so long ago I can't recall, but I think I remember someone mentioning it to me
nephillymike
Hey Swami,

You went to LaSalle?

Flying Dutchman is also (class of 1925 I think biggrin.gif )

And yours truly class of '86.

When did you get out and where are you originally from?

JDEagles
Cuz, they have two "football" teams out here. One, the NY Dragons, a powerhouse arena team. You know you've heard of them, they're the team that killed that guy lasst year...<----I know, it was weak

And the other team, the one and only Hofstra University Pride (it is officially pride now, none of that flying dutchmen stuff anymore). They dont really count either though, they are a mid level 1AA team...

like i said, good thing i have ESPNU
swamistubbs
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 16 2005, 01:37 PM)
Hey Swami,

You went to LaSalle?

Flying Dutchman is also (class of 1925 I think biggrin.gif )

And yours truly class of '86.

When did you get out and where are you originally from?

Got out pretty recently, actually. Class of '04, now enjoying the exciting nightlife in metropolitan Iowa City while in grad school.

Originally from the Roxborough area in Philly, though, and headed back there as soon as I graduate from this place in May (unless someone offers me a great job elsewhere... but I'm not terribly optimistic).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.