Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peters
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I just picked this up and was shocked, then kind of excited. I hate losing probably the best LT the team has ever had, but having that dude at G could be a nice way to wind down his career.
Peters is open to moving to OG at some point. Maybe that happens in the offseason. The Eagles could then spend a high pick on a RT or sign one in free agency.
Linc ...

Not sure where he got that, but if Peters is slipping at LT a move inside would be awesome. He has the size to move guys in the run game, the agility and strength to pass protect and the athleticism to pull. What a beast he'd be.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 10 2015, 07:28 AM) *
I just picked this up and was shocked, then kind of excited. I hate losing probably the best LT the team has ever had, but having that dude at G could be a nice way to wind down his career.
Linc ...

Not sure where he got that, but if Peters is slipping at LT a move inside would be awesome. He has the size to move guys in the run game, the agility and strength to pass protect and the athleticism to pull. What a beast he'd be.

Good stuff...thanks for the link...

It would be nice to have Peters move to OG.....I could see him there for a few more years...Lane Johnson is a bad dude...love him
mcnabbulous
I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where we could make the money work. It's not obvious that Chip doesn't want to spend big resources on the guard position, but signs are pointing to that.

JP is accustomed to being one of the highest paid tackles in the game. What is he willing to play inside for?
Birdman420
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 10 2015, 10:49 AM) *
I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where we could make the money work. It's not obvious that Chip doesn't want to spend big resources on the guard position, but signs are pointing to that.

JP is accustomed to being one of the highest paid tackles in the game. What is he willing to play inside for?

I think he's just a high character guy that puts his team before himself or his paycheck. Peter's has to be one of those vets that wants his ring before he hangs up his gear.
Joegrane
Shaun Andrews comes to mind. When he was drafted he was projected to become an OT eventually. It is unusual to use this term about an O Lineman, but in 3rd and 1 he was a playmaker. with Andrews and a Fullback playing QB--McNabb--they rarely failed in short yardage situations.

They've suffered in this area in recent years. Kelce has great speed for a C but is a liability in short yardage situations.

Last week I brought up the possibility of Peters moving inside. My biggest concern is whether that would leave him less vulnerable to injury.

After the performance of both L Johnson and D Kelly I can understand that the concept of moving Peters is gaining traction.

Johnson + Peters on the left side!
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 10 2015, 06:28 AM) *
... He has the size to move guys in the run game, the agility and strength to pass protect and the athleticism to pull. What a beast he'd be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.