Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still not happy with Maxwell.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Him along with Murray are Chips two worst signings.
mcnabbulous
I think he did pretty well tonight. That second PI call was total horseshit.
Eagle2720
I agree for most of the season so far, but that last PI was bullshit, he was trying to make a play on the ball, which as a defender he's allowed to do. Still bad for most of the night though.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 9 2015, 04:43 AM) *
Him along with Murray are Chips two worst signings.

Big contract too. He will be here for a couple of more seasons.

I was about to list Chip's other off season failures but realized it would be easier to list the good ones.

Mathews

Anyone else?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Nov 8 2015, 10:46 PM) *
I agree for most of the season so far, but that last PI was bullshit, he was trying to make a play on the ball, which as a defender he's allowed to do. Still bad for most of the night though.

Bad for the night? He gave up 2 catches for like 10 yards.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 9 2015, 01:01 AM) *
Bad for the night? He gave up 2 catches for like 10 yards.

My bad I was extremely overexaggerating, just caught up in the moment and forgot it was Carroll on him most of the night, and even he held his own except for that early 50 yarder.
Pila
We have a lot of trouble with the slant. Every team seems to complete those at will. How come we have so much trouble completing one?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 9 2015, 01:22 AM) *
We have a lot of trouble with the slant. Every team seems to complete those at will. How come we have so much trouble completing one?

I was thinking that very thought in the 2nd quarter....annoying as hell...
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 9 2015, 05:45 AM) *
I think he did pretty well tonight. That second PI call was total horseshit.

It was horse shit. But he still tackles like a card carrying pussy. Fuck him.

That said, I can't fault chip for signing him as he was the only free agent option really available. As much as I hate him, he's not sconces, so that's a plus.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 9 2015, 10:30 AM) *
It was horse shit. But he still tackles like a card carrying pussy. Fuck him.

That said, I can't fault chip for signing him as he was the only free agent option really available. As much as I hate him, he's not sconces, so that's a plus.

He tackles like a pussy, but I don't really care about that. We didn't sign him to tackle. He's actually been very good in coverage over the past several weeks.

Can't verify this, but read this today:
Last 4 games, Byron Maxwell has allowed 107 total receiving yards, no touchdowns, and he's recorded an INT.

https://twitter.com/cbswartz5/status/663715936667570176
Eyrie
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 9 2015, 04:47 AM) *

I was about to list Chip's other off season failures but realized it would be easier to list the good ones.

Mathews

Anyone else?

Hicks, and that's from someone who wasn't happy at taking yet another ILB at the time.
Joegrane
Hicks.

They had to overpay for Maxwell. However overpaying will cost them in bang for the buck as they get close to the salary cap. I think the Murray signing will hurt them even more.
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 8 2015, 11:47 PM) *

Mathews

Anyone else?

Zero
As his cap hit decreases and CB talent on the team improves I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an 'accommodation' suggested if he's not performing to his salary. That said, like Bradford, he's improving from where the season started. Carroll and Thurmond will need to be looked at soon as their contracts expire at the end of the season. Add in QB, OL and WR and there's a lot to think about.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 9 2015, 05:14 PM) *
Add in QB, OL and WR and there's a lot to think about.

By the end of the season, these positions may no longer be of (grave) concern.
Reality Fan
in 2016 the cap will likely be close to 160 million....there is going to be plenty of money to resign people...
Birdman420
I think with Rowe not working out so far, Carroll gets his contract from us. I also think thurmond is a no brainer signing.

Maxwell started out of the gate slow but he's picked it up and I loved the way he played against the cowpukes. He can cover #1's as long as the ref's let him play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.