Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should we be sellers?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
At this point, we know we're not SB contenders. Wither the trade deadline looming, I'd sure love to get that 2nd round pick back.

I'm doubtful we'd actually trade anyone. But if we were gonig to trade, who do we have that could give us a 2nd rounder in return?

Kendricks would probably still be a trade candidate, but we haven't been able to move him in the past, and he hasn't had an especially good season.

I'd trade Bradford straight up for a 2nd in a heartbeat, just cut our losses and move on. But that'll never happen, lol.

Graham could probably get us a mid to late round pick.

Sproles is an interesting candidate. he could provide a contending team an immediate spark. Not sure if he's be worth a second, but definitely a third.

Murray could probably get us a half decent return.

mcnabbulous
No. We can win the division. Get into the dance and see what happens. Teams have won as wild cards before.

Our defense is good enough that anything can happen.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 1 2015, 11:23 AM) *
No. We can win the division. Get into the dance and see what happens. Teams have won as wild cards before.

Our defense is good enough that anything can happen.

Exactly.
Birdman420
I'm inclined to ride this puppy out. Not sure I want to pass off any of those guys.
Eyrie
Problem is that the guys who have any value are the very players that we need to build on if we're to be better next season.

Of your list, Graham for a third may make sense. Sproles though has a lot of value and it's too early to give up on Murray. I suppose we could get a conditional pick for Bradford, but it would be a late round because he'd have to learn another new system and build a rapport with another new group of receivers, which is the source of his problems here.
Joegrane
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 1 2015, 10:29 AM) *
Should we be sellers?
At this point, we know we're not SB contenders. Wither the trade deadline looming, I'd sure love to get that 2nd round pick back.

The Eagles are not sellers, not with a 50-50 chance to win the East.

Positions with depth on the team are RB and ILB; however there are injuries, age and history of injuries at both spots.

If R Matthews was healthy and they still had Polk I would not have had a problem moving Murray. I did not want them to sign Murray. I was fine with a backfield of Matthews, Sproles and Polk. They could have afforded one of the veteran O Linemen. Murray's contract would greatly reduce his value. With the current O Line troubles do you want a young RB picking up blitzes?

If this is true, it further supports that this is a rebuilding year. The mediocre pass rush would be greatly weakened by the loss of Curry.

NFL Trade Rumors: Eagles are shopping Vinny Curry
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/11...-davis-deadline
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 1 2015, 02:56 PM) *
Problem is that the guys who have any value are the very players that we need to build on if we're to be better next season.

Of your list, Graham for a third may make sense. Sproles though has a lot of value and it's too early to give up on Murray. I suppose we could get a conditional pick for Bradford, but it would be a late round because he'd have to learn another new system and build a rapport with another new group of receivers, which is the source of his problems here.

Graham isn't going to the pro bowl any time soon, but if they were to trade him: a- What do they get for him if they're willing to part with him, and b- Who plays OLB in his place? Sorry, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 1 2015, 10:29 AM) *
Sproles is an interesting candidate. he could provide a contending team an immediate spark. Not sure if he's be worth a second, but definitely a third.

He would likely only garner a 5th. I can't see any team giving up more than that for a situational player.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 1 2015, 10:28 PM) *
Graham isn't going to the pro bowl any time soon, but if they were to trade him: a- What do they get for him if they're willing to part with him, and b- Who plays OLB in his place? Sorry, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

All depends on what we're offered for him.

As regards who fills in opposite Barwin, any trade is effectively writing off this season anyway so does it matter? Can Alonso play there? Will Smith come good with extended reps? Or will opponents remorselessly target the hole?
nephillymike
NFL Draft picks aren't worth much in my world.

Now if you were trading them for players, then I may be more interested.

However, the NFL trade deadline is dead.

We'll see where we go with these guys and try to correct mistakes during the offseason.
Zero
Just picked this up:
"Some of the names you're starting to hear right now as being shopped -- and it doesn't mean anything happens -- but their names have come up in connection with trade discussions ... Paul Kruger in Cleveland, he's available if a team wants him. Vinny Curry, in Philadelphia, his name has been bandied about out there. Jared Cook, the Rams' tight end, said to be available. Vernon Davis's name has come up at time, the 49ers tight end."
Joegrane
But they are cheap.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 1 2015, 09:14 PM) *
NFL Draft picks aren't worth much in my world.

Eagle2720
I wouldn't mind giving up Murray, I've liked when he's had good production but I just see Mathews as being the starting back in our offense right now, he's able to make positive yards while in seems like 7 out of every 10 Demarco run is for a loss while the other three are for only average gains. Whether it was a pick or a player I think we could still trade him and be contenders.

Make Mathews the starter, while Barner gets what would have been his carries when Murrays here, and Sproles can get some more playing time as well.. If we could get a good WR or Guard, I'd take it.
Birdman420
May I interject with a thought:

Maybe it has more to do with play calling then the back himself?

A lot of Murray's runs are out of the gun and lateral. I've seen him stiff arm a tackle and go down at or behind the line of scrimmage. The plays that he's running south to north are usually productive.

And on what running plays is a defender SUPPOSED to be in the backfield before the back is able to hit whatever hole is designated for him? Other then a screen play or maybe a trap I can't see why guys should be walking into our backfield on the hand off.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 1 2015, 10:28 PM) *

xsv hasn't made any sense on this board in weeks.

xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 2 2015, 12:17 PM) *
xsv hasn't made any sense on this board in weeks.

LOL, says the guy defending the QB with worse stats than Teblow.
nd9kel
We will rally around Sam Bradford, and we will win.

Prepare to see this fully charged, high-octane offense complement our stellar D.

We will race through our division a second time, bringing hell with us!

I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.