Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to Extend Caroll III and Thurmond
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
And to begin negotiations for the big extension for COX.

These guys have proven themselves, the defense has drastically iomproved since a year ago, and we need to lock them up for a few year.
Zero
There's nobody to take Cox's place and he's a drafted Eagle. Cox has to come before Thurmond and Carroll especially because there's Rowe. They both deserve it and it would make the secondary deeper and better, but Cox is a beast!
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 30 2015, 12:30 PM) *
There's nobody to take Cox's place and he's a drafted Eagle. Cox has to come before Thurmond and Carroll especially because there's Rowe. They both deserve it and it would make the secondary deeper and better, but Cox is a beast!

I agree, except that Cox is under contract through next year. Caroll and Thurmond are not.
Zero
You're right ... I thought he was a FA. This year he's getting $1.8 mil next year he gets $7.8 mil. I guess they can wait to extend him until next year this time.
Eyrie
I mentioned extending Cox when Kendricks got his new deal. Based on the above I'd start talking to him as soon as this season is over.

Thurmond is worth an extension, but I'd hold off on Carroll for now. If he continues to play at his current level then we have a solid starter but if he regresses then I'd wait to see the alternatives in FA.

Eagle2720
I would also like to extend Jenkins, he's proven to be the 2nd best, if not best player on this defense (next to Cox) and he's been a real leader for us. I could be wrong but isn't he a FA after this year?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.