Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Season W-L Prediction Re-Do
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We're 3-4 with 9 to play.

What was your original prediction?

Predict what our end of year record will be and if we get into the playoffs, how far we will get.

C'mon, we have 10 more days to fill.

xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 29 2015, 09:27 PM) *

Predict what our end of year record will be and if we get into the playoffs, how far we will get.

I'll say we go 5-4 and finish at 8-8
Phits
We run the table and finish the regular season 12-4.
Eagle2720
Though I don't think I voiced my original opinion for the record at the beginning of the season, I didn't see us losing more than 4 and realistically thought we could make 12-4 maybe even 13-3.. But with how we've been playing and how tough some of our opponents are turning out to be, I say we end up at 8-8... Losing to the Patriots, Cardinals, 1 more division game(not sure who yet) and then either to the Dolphins/Bills.. Possibly even both, making its 7-9.. I only say them because I think the Dolphins could get hot with this new couch(obviously they didn't tonight, but that is against Brady) and any Rex Ryan team usually has a very good D and McCoy is gonna be determined to have the best game of his career barring he's healthy.
Dreagon
I originally had you guys at 10-6. Now I'm not confident there is a 10-6 team in this division. My heart hates me saying this, but my brain has me putting y'all at 8-8 behind a 9-7 Giants and ahead of a 6-10 Dallas.
Eyrie
All depends on the offense. If they can get their act together, we could do as well as 10-6 and if not then we'll do well to be 6-10.

Given that I haven't seen us lose since last weekend, I'm going to be optimistic and predict that we scrape our way to 9-7.
HobbEs
I see us going 7-9 or maybe 8-8. The defense has improved but it will only carry us so far and with Chip's 3 & out machine they're bound to wear down as the season goes along.

mcnabbulous
I'll think we'll make some small tweaks on offense during the bye to combat some things we've seen from defenses in the first half. That will result in a 6-2 second half, division win, and hosting a first round playoff game.

So I guess I'm expecting 10-6.
Joegrane
I'll drop them from 10-6 to 9-7.

I only had them @ 10 Ws originally due to health history of so many players and expectations for a slow start as they gel and so many players learn a new system.

However a number of teams in the second half of the schedule look weaker than I expected--Miami, Dallas, and Detroit.

I also expect the Eagles to improve somewhat as they gel.

After looking at the Giants' schedule both teams could have 9 Ws going into the final game. They could also be tied in division and Conference Ws tiebreakers.
nephillymike
I had them going 11-5, winning a first round game and losing in the divisional round.

They are 3-4.

If you look at the Sagarin's and Covers.com predictive sites, the Eagles are still rated fairly high despite their struggles. Sagarin has us at 10th best, Covers at 13th. This team, for whatever reason,has played way below predictive level since middle of last year. Not sure why.

Sagarin has us going 7-2 over the final 9, Covers at 6-3

The game they differ on is the ARI game.

The other two losses are @NE and @ NYG.

So 10-6 or 9-7 as the predicted starting point.

They've played below that level for over a full year now. I don't know if it's coaching, if it's volatility in play, bad luck, non complimentary ball or whatever. The whole is less than the sum of the parts, for whatever reason.

I'll go with 9-7.

The same prediction engines have the NYG finishing 7-9 or 8-8.

We need DAL to lose this week and we need to beat them and that will get them to 2-6 with half to play and the best they'll do, Romo or no Romo is 8-8.

So 9-7 should get us the division title.

As the 4th seed, we'll host the 5th seed SEA and get beaten at home.

But at least we could have the excitement of a playoff possibility.

koolaidluke
10-6, NFC East Title, Loss in Wildcard

I feel pretty good about the team. Elite defense, solid ST's. The O isn't a world beater but with reduced drops and improved play calling it should be at least mediocre.

Also, very easy schedule ahead. There are only 3 losable games remaining on the schedule: NE, Cards, Giants. Say what you want about Chip, but his teams almost never lose to bad teams. I think they will pull off a win against 1 of the 3 good teams remaining.
Zero
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 31 2015, 04:22 AM) *
10-6, NFC East Title, Loss in Wildcard

I feel pretty good about the team. Elite defense, solid ST's. The O isn't a world beater but with reduced drops and improved play calling it should be at least mediocre.

Also, very easy schedule ahead. There are only 3 losable games remaining on the schedule: NE, Cards, Giants. Say what you want about Chip, but his teams almost never lose to bad teams. I think they will pull off a win against 1 of the 3 good teams remaining.

This makes sense, except I'm not so sure about beating the Giants a second time.
Joegrane
You don't think the NFC South will have one Wild Card team, the 5 seed likely?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 30 2015, 10:31 PM) *
So 9-7 should get us the division title.

As the 4th seed, we'll host the 5th seed SEA and get beaten at home.

But at least we could have the excitement of a playoff possibility.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 31 2015, 10:14 AM) *
You don't think the NFC South will have one Wild Card team, the 5 seed likely?

Yes, you may be right about that.

That would make SEA the #6 so we would play CAR or ATL.

A better draw no doubt, but sad to say, the same result.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2015, 02:54 PM) *
Yes, you may be right about that.

That would make SEA the #6 so we would play CAR or ATL.

A better draw no doubt, but sad to say, the same result.

All three of those teams are extremely beatable in Philly. You're losing it, dude.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2015, 03:41 PM) *
All three of those teams are extremely beatable in Philly. You're losing it, dude.

Very few teams are not "beatable" in Philly.

GB, NE may be the only legit home dogs for us.

But being beatable and beating a team are two different things.

Dallas at home was beatable.

Hopefully by that time, we'll have enough improvement to turn the beatable into the beaten.

It can happen.

Hope springs eternal.
JeeQ
Sticking with my same prediction... 10-6 on the season
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 29 2015, 09:27 PM) *

I'm going to stay with my 9-7 for now. At least until the next Re-Do rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.