Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Article Fro Both Sides of the Aisle
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Interesting point about defenses not worried about the long ball so they clog the middle routes. I still say they need to go the distance with Bradford to know what they have. He's got the rope, let him do the best he can with it. If he hangs himself it's time to move on ... again.

The whole argument comes back to the ultimate goal. Would Foles take the team to a SB ... ever? Gamble on Bradford for a year. If it doesn't work they're not in too much of a different situation. They need a QB who can take them all the way.

The question is, if it's not Bradford, where do they get that guy?
HobbEs
The question is, if it's not Bradford, where do they get that guy?

I would trade Murray for Stafford or Kaepernick right now...

Seriously though, I don't think Chip has the patience to build anything. He came here and had a taste of winning right away going 10-6 in his first two seasons. This team was basically built to win now. If you draft a QB (other than Mariota who knew the system) how much would it set the program back?
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 28 2015, 09:28 AM) *
Seriously though, I don't think Chip has the patience to build anything.

I don't think the fan base has the patience to build anything. If Chip had rebuilt the team at the start of his tenure, we would have suffered through at least one more 4-12 type season. If we managed two seasons like that we could have (possibly) drafted Mariota. However, we had a taste of success, and we were all fooled into believing that the roster make-up had the potential for something great.

This team was basically built to win now. If you draft a QB (other than Mariota who knew the system) how much would it set the program back?

This system needs an accurate QB. If we can find one of those, there would be no issue....other than the fact that our receiver's drop a lot of passes.
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 28 2015, 09:28 AM) *

Stafford seems to need a stud WR, which we don't have. I'd take a shot on Kaep, but that contradicts my earlier claim that we need an accurate QB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 28 2015, 08:28 AM) *

Stafford is the most overrated QB in football. Kaepernick simply isn't a QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 02:33 PM) *
Kaepernick simply isn't a QB.

And Geno Smith is?

laugh.gif

I agree Kap isn't a QB, though...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2015, 11:54 AM) *
And Geno Smith is?

The fact that you make this comparison is a strong tell about your opinions on Geno.

Kaepernick ran the ball 600 times in college. 173 his senior year. Kaepernick is an athlete that plays QB

Geno ran it 245 times in college. 66 his senior year. That's two fewer than Matt Ryan had. Geno is a QB. He came from a spread offense (like nearly every college QB now, including Bradford) and needs time to learn the NFL game. The fact that he was expected to come in and play like Andrew Luck his rookie year, or be considered a bust, is just about the dumbest standard ever set.

You're really patient with Sam though. He's only 3 years older than Geno (with worse numbers in '15 than Geno had in '14). But let me guess, Sam's problem is his supporting cast and Geno was surrounded by studs and offensive guru Marty Morningweg.

Hmmmmmm
Robberson
Someone could post an article about the Eagles being on the brink, and you'd somehow find a way to turn the thread into a passionate, misguided defense of the 6+ feet of sucktitude that is Geno Smith.

Oh wait, you just did.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 28 2015, 01:14 PM) *
Someone could post an article about the Eagles being on the brink, and you'd somehow find a way to turn the thread into a passionate, misguided defense of the 6+ feet of sucktitude that is Geno Smith.

Oh wait, you just did.

Unfortunately someone always brings him up. So I defend their misguided arguments. His 2014 stats, which are the definitive proof that he is an awful QB outrank our current QB's stats, which has passionate defenders. The big difference being that one guy is 25 and athletic. The other isn't.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 05:11 PM) *
The fact that you make this comparison is a strong tell about your opinions on Geno.

My opinion of Geno is that he's neither an athlete OR a quarterback.

tongue.gif

What he IS, is apparently ... an ass hole.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2015, 02:46 PM) *
What he IS, is apparently ... an ass hole.

Yeah, there isn't really any proof of that. His teammates, with the exception of one lunatic, seem to like him.

But keep bending yourself in knots making excuses for the 28 year old Bradford, while arguing that a guy with similar numbers is not a QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 07:54 PM) *
But keep bending yourself in knots making excuses for the 28 year old Bradford, while arguing that a guy with similar numbers is not a QB.

pffft - numbers. Pedigree alone, tells that tale.

I don't have to "bend myself in knots" or make "excuses" for Bradford. The (lack of) "skill" position player's stone hands tell me all I need to know about why our offense sucks.

You're hilarious.

Geno Smith sucks balls. The entire football world knows this. I mean REALLY. Unless of course you believe the Lorax is a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. That team looks worlds better this year than at any time in Geno's "illustrious" career.

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2015, 03:28 PM) *
pffft - numbers. Pedigree alone, tells that tale.

What pedigree? His pedigree is no different than Andre Ware's.

I don't have to "bend myself in knots" or make "excuses" for Bradford. The (lack of) "skill" position player's stone hands tell me all I need to know about why our offense sucks.

As opposed to the 2013 NY Jets, who were led by the formidable Jeremy Kerley? Or you think having Eric Decker as a #1 receiving option is prime? How about having Marty Morningweg as an offensive coach?

You're hilarious.

Geno Smith sucks balls. The entire football world knows this. I mean REALLY. Unless of course you believe the Lorax is a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. That team looks worlds better this year than at any time in Geno's "illustrious" career.

laugh.gif

They have Brandon Marshall this year. Brandon fucking Marshall. He's one of the best receivers in the game. And an 11 year pro playing quarterback who was worse than Geno through his first several years. Not to mention was being outperformed by him throughout camp.

You seriously can't be this fucking obtuse. Literally every excuse you make for Bradford can be used for Geno. With the main exception that one is 3 years younger, hasn't had two knee surgeries, and can actually scare defenses with his legs.

Geno easily had more highlights as a rookie than Bradford is putting together this year.
D Rock
laugh.gif

Fucking Hilarious!!!

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2015, 04:23 PM) *
laugh.gif

Fucking Hilarious!!!

Hey pal, I busted you all up with my Allen Robinson > Jordan Matthews evaluation. Time usually proves me right. I'll enjoy it even more when it does this time.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 04:11 PM) *
They have Brandon Marshall this year. Brandon fucking Marshall. He's one of the best receivers in the game.

Wait a sec - are you saying that Pro Bowlers Matter?! laugh.gif

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 09:41 PM) *
Hey pal, I busted you all up with my Allen Robinson > Jordan Matthews evaluation. Time usually proves me right. I'll enjoy it even more when it does this time.

Dat wasn't me, bro. Who the fuck is Allen Robinson?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.