Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Win Tuesday Replaced by Perspective Tuesday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We were 3-3, with 10 games to play.

I think almost all would admit that 11-5 at that point is a real stretch.

So maybe the more optimistic of the group would say 10-6.

If you had to name 3 losses the rest of the way, I think most would have said in the big picture (not the small picture where some never predict a loss), that CAR was a high probability of being one of those 3, especially given us coming off a MNF game the week before.

In that respect, we are no worse than most reasonable people would think in the context of the big picture after a 3-3 start.

To me, I expected suspect WR and QB play.

I fully expected Chip the GM to be the best player they had on D by sitting our best weapons on offense as he's done all year.

I expected CAR defense to be tough.

All that being the case, I thought we had a decent chance of a win.

The thing I didn't expect, which I think cost us the game, was our weak run defense.

We got manhandled up front on the DL. It looked like the effort was there, but not the results. As good as our run D has been, I give them a pass for this week. The short week probably had something to do with it.

Just fucking beat Dallas.

That's an easy way back in my good graces.

We're on to Dallas.
Reality Fan
ummmm....we are 3-4

xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 27 2015, 12:58 PM) *
ummmm....we are 3-4

Pretty sure everyone realizes that.
Robberson
Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays are long gone too.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 08:11 PM) *
All that being the case, I thought we had a decent chance of a win.

The thing I didn't expect, which I think cost us the game, was our weak run defense.

If we had both Ryans and KIko available for a better ILB rotation the run D would have been better IMO.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 27 2015, 11:58 AM) *
ummmm....we are 3-4

ummm

after last week when we were 3-3, and we had 10 left to play..................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.