Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apparently both Mathews and Matthews are hurt
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Mathews has a groin issue again and Matthews has a hand ligament issue.
Eyrie
In a desperate bid to inject some positivity into the board, I'm going to reply that it's the bye week so hopefully they'll be healthy for the Dallas game.

And then reality kicks in - being healthy won't help Matthews to catch the damned ball and it won't get Mathews more touches.
Robberson
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 26 2015, 07:12 PM) *
In a desperate bid to inject some positivity into the board, I'm going to reply that it's the bye week so hopefully they'll be healthy for the Dallas game.

And then reality kicks in - being healthy won't help Matthews to catch the damned ball and it won't get Mathews more touches.

More positive thoughts: if Samantha Brittleford makes it through one more game without breaking in half, he'll have surpassed his 2013 game total. laugh.gif
nephillymike
Methinks Chip is full of shit !

Mathews was supposedly in for more plays after the 67 yard run which was after the 22 yard run when the injury happened.

Yeah, OK.

Got it Chip.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Mathews was supposedly in for more plays after the 67 yard run which was after the 22 yard run when the injury happened.

Yeah, OK.

Got it Chip.

Didn't they report something late in the week regarding his hammy?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 07:50 PM) *
Didn't they report something late in the week regarding his hammy?

No, late the week before. And it was a hammie.

I can guarantee you, if you've ever pulled a groin, you would know that you don't run like that, AFTER, you pull it. Nor do you go back in a few plays after that.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 04:47 PM) *

Yeah, OK.

Got it Chip.

Lying is a second language for Chip
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 27 2015, 12:47 AM) *

Yeah, OK.

Got it Chip.

I've pulled every ligament in my body at least 3 times. I've even pulled ligaments that don't belong to me...

That last one probably came out wrong, but the point is to say that it is all a matter of degree. Sometimes you can, and sometimes you can't - it has less to do with the muscle or tendon, and much more to do with the degree of the sprain. I'm sure there's a similar tendon in bean counting you can relate to, where once you had to switch hands, and at other times you were able to press on with your favored despite the pain, no?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 08:53 PM) *
No, late the week before. And it was a hammie.

I can guarantee you, if you've ever pulled a groin, you would know that you don't run like that, AFTER, you pull it. Nor do you go back in a few plays after that.

Actually it was his groin....last week....

However...I would have felt better if Matthews had said something about it....he just said he was waiting his turn...
nd9kel
This thread's main point is how little we fans know goes on behind the scenes. And how that knowledge affects what's happening on the field.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 26 2015, 10:29 PM) *
I've pulled every ligament in my body at least 3 times. I've even pulled ligaments that don't belong to me...

That last one probably came out wrong, but the point is to say that it is all a matter of degree. Sometimes you can, and sometimes you can't - it has less to do with the muscle or tendon, and much more to do with the degree of the sprain. I'm sure there's a similar tendon in bean counting you can relate to, where once you had to switch hands, and at other times you were able to press on with your favored despite the pain, no?

Not really in the bean counting profession.

But definitely in the two sports I played in high school and the one I played in Division 1 college. Nothing compares to the muscle pulls we all got playing softball for 25 years after college. July day double headers + out of shape = muscle pulls of all kind. And no, I never pulled anything that didn't belong to me!
nephillymike
I just watched some shows from yesterday.

So Mathews pulls a groin on the 22 yard run.

Then goes into the game a puts up a 60+ yard TD, while blowing by people that have 4.5 speed.

Then doesn't tell anyone he's hurt, but then goes in for a couple of more plays after that.

Then according to Eskin, does not get any treatment on the sideline and doesn't take his helmet off and is standing ready to go back in the game.

Then according to numerous reporters, does not have it iced up in the locker room, nor is it wrapped, nor is he walking with any limp at all in the post game interviews.

Then when asked about why he didn't play Mathew more by Angelo Cataldi during his 8 AM day after interview, says it is all on Duce and mentions NOTHING of the injury.

Then he comes out for his day after news conference and says how Mathews is hurt.

As Jon Lovitz would say: Yeah, that's the ticket!!

My question would have been:

Chip, so we have an injured RB on our team who can run as fast as Mathews did on that long TD, while injured, and we can't find more carries for that guy who will obviously run much faster than the jet we just saw when healthy?? Why not?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Do the old timers remember when Richie the K used to come up with these bullshit stories to defend bull shit coaching back in the day?

If Chip says we left nothing in the locker room or that his play chart got wet, I think I'll kill myself.

This sounds eerily familiar.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 28 2015, 12:49 AM) *
Not really in the bean counting profession.

But definitely in the two sports I played in high school and the one I played in Division 1 college. Nothing compares to the muscle pulls we all got playing softball for 25 years after college. July day double headers + out of shape = muscle pulls of all kind. And no, I never pulled anything that didn't belong to me!
You'll forgive me for having a few doubts of your extensive resume as an athlete with that kind of wholesale claims you make about strains and pulls, they resemble a very limited anecdote of typical physiology of a seasoned athlete.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 29 2015, 07:13 PM) *
You'll forgive me for having a few doubts of your extensive resume as an athlete with that kind of wholesale claims you make about strains and pulls, they resemble a very limited anecdote of typical physiology of a seasoned athlete.

A wholesale claim that a guy who pulled his groin 1/2 hr before couldn't run as fast and sharp cutting as Mathews did on that play AND THEN come in and play a few more plays AND THEN not get any treatment during or immediately after the game?

I'm not exactly going out on a limb there.

But you don't know me, nor do I you.

So all experience here is suspect.

Nothing anecdotal about a guy with a pulled groin running like that.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 30 2015, 01:21 AM) *
A wholesale claim that a guy who pulled his groin 1/2 hr before couldn't run as fast and sharp cutting as Mathews did on that play AND THEN come in and play a few more plays AND THEN not get any treatment during or immediately after the game?

I'm not exactly going out on a limb there.

But you don't know me, nor do I you.

So all experience here is suspect.

Nothing anecdotal about a guy with a pulled groin running like that.
Yes, it's anecdotal because every sprain is unique and a matter of degree, not wholesale conclusive. Those sort of statements reveal a brief experience history in sports activity.

Find the time to escape your spreadsheets and go out and play something competitive and eventually you'll come to an understanding that there are times you can run on sprains, and sometimes you can't even get out of bed, all as a matter of degree rather than specific to a muscle in particular.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 30 2015, 11:08 AM) *
Yes, it's anecdotal because every sprain is unique and a matter of degree, not wholesale conclusive. Those sort of statements reveal a brief experience history in sports activity.

Find the time to escape your spreadsheets and go out and play something competitive and eventually you'll come to an understanding that there are times you can run on sprains, and sometimes you can't even get out of bed, all as a matter of degree rather than specific to a muscle in particular.

Bwah.

Yeah, right. Maybe I should go out and play something competitive. The first 45 years of my life are just a dream.

We should meet.

I'll tell you a few stories of what I played, with and against whom.

Just leave the thesaurus home.
mcnabbulous
If nothing else, this season is definitely bringing out the worst in all of us.

My god, I hope the second half goes better.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2015, 12:32 PM) *
If nothing else, this season is definitely bringing out the worst in all of us.

My god, I hope the second half goes better.

Gotta agree with you here Nabby.

It's a sad statement.

Insults are so easily hurled from behind a keyboard.

Sad thing is, if the Eagles continue to do bad, folks will disappear. Most of the infighting will stop for lack of participants.

If they turn it around and do well, the fun of a great turnaround will be diminished greatly by the infighting.

It's a can't win, unfortunately.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2015, 02:53 AM) *
We should meet.

A little smack and you're ready to kick my ass. I'm no more an expert than anyone else who has suffered the occasional injury from playing in amateur leagues for the elderly, handicap and the blind. Clearly I was pulling your "groin" a bit with the bean counting - try not to take yourself so seriously. smile.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2015, 03:02 PM) *
Gotta agree with you here Nabby.

It's a sad statement.

Insults are so easily hurled from behind a keyboard.

Sad thing is, if the Eagles continue to do bad, folks will disappear. Most of the infighting will stop for lack of participants.

If they turn it around and do well, the fun of a great turnaround will be diminished greatly by the infighting.

It's a can't win, unfortunately.

I actually don't mind the insults amongst the regulars. I kind of just assume we're all internet friends. And I bust all my friends' balls.

It's the shitbirds that show up for a few weeks, troll, then disappear who annoy me. Or that one asshole we have who changes his handle every year or so, but still delivers the same obnoxious persona.

It's definitely more snippy around here than usual though. Considering that we are still in very good shape to win the division, it's proof positive that we are a bunch of spoiled idiots thanks to Andy and Chip.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 31 2015, 03:33 PM) *
A little smack and you're ready to kick my ass. I'm no more an expert than anyone else who has suffered the occasional injury from playing in amateur leagues for the elderly, handicap and the blind. Clearly I was pulling your "groin" a bit with the bean counting - try not to take yourself so seriously. smile.gif

Fair enough.

As Nabby says, all fans are snippy given the disappointments so far.

My favorite quote regarding pulled muscles comes from John Kruk.

Harry Kalas was asking the Krukker about all of the athletes nowadays who have so many pulled muscles.

Kruk said bluntly that he didn't get pulled muscles.

He then told Harry that you can't pull fat!!

True.
mcnabbulous
Update: Kelly: (Ryan Mathews) stayed and got treatment over the break. We'll monitor him the rest of the week.

https://twitter.com/eaglesinsider/status/662311614830518272

Chip is such a liar though. I mean, everyone else was taking their mid season break, and Mathews stuck around in Philly to perpetuate this ruse.
Joegrane
There is no way Matthews is going to give up his break unnecessarily. Remember what happened to Cody Parkey.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Update: Kelly: (Ryan Mathews) stayed and got treatment over the break. ...

Chip is such a liar though. I mean, everyone else was taking their mid season break, and Mathews stuck around in Philly to perpetuate this ruse.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2015, 12:55 PM) *
Update: Kelly: (Ryan Mathews) stayed and got treatment over the break. We'll monitor him the rest of the week.

Seriously? Are you daft? In this NFL you honestly think a player will give up his off time to perpetuate an injury lie? You can;t be that dumb.....the CBA the way it is today makes it hard for the teams to make the players practice for 15 minutes and you think these guys are going to give up the concessions they got for shits and giggles....fraid not...

While I firmly believe that Chip fibbed I think it had more to do with protecting Duce....I think Duce screwed up by going overboard in protecting Matthews after Matthews said something to him and Chip does not want to make his coach look like an idiot..Kelly does not care what anyone thinks of him...
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2015, 11:55 AM) *

So the source is who?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 6 2015, 12:47 AM) *
So the source is who?

Matthews has been limited all week.....per CSN each day....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 5 2015, 10:46 PM) *
Seriously? Are you daft? In this NFL you honestly think a player will give up his off time to perpetuate an injury lie? You can;t be that dumb.....the CBA the way it is today makes it hard for the teams to make the players practice for 15 minutes and you think these guys are going to give up the concessions they got for shits and giggles....fraid not...

While I firmly believe that Chip fibbed I think it had more to do with protecting Duce....I think Duce screwed up by going overboard in protecting Matthews after Matthews said something to him and Chip does not want to make his coach look like an idiot..Kelly does not care what anyone thinks of him...

Slow down, psycho. It was heavy, heavy sarcasm.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 6 2015, 08:42 AM) *
Slow down, psycho. It was heavy, heavy sarcasm.

my apologies
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.