Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shitty QB + Very Shitty Receivers + Pretty Shitty Playcalling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
There's not just one thing, and it's hard to evaluate one of these things while the other two are also shitty.
mcnabbulous
Sam graded out as the 4th best QB of the week by PFF. Regardless of how you feel about PFF, he wasn't shitty. I was pretty happy with the playcalling, although I want Mathews to get more touches.

That leaves the obvious.

Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Sam graded out as the 4th best QB of the week by PFF. Regardless of how you feel about PFF, he wasn't shitty. I was pretty happy with the playcalling, although I want Mathews to get more touches.

That leaves the obvious.

You are talking to a mental midget, his blind hatred rules all. Must be a hell of a life.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 26 2015, 05:18 PM) *
You are talking to a mental midget, his blind hatred rules all. Must be a hell of a life.

Your blind love isn't much better. Sam, like much of this stuff, falls directly in the gray area of evaluation right now.

His accuracy has been disappointing, but good enough.
His receivers have been terrible at catching the ball.
His receivers can't seem to get their own separation.
He seems to go to his dump off too quickly.
He seems reluctant to go down the field.
Our offense is moving the slowest it has under Chip.

Some good, some bad, some question marks.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Your blind love isn't much better. Sam, like much of this stuff, falls directly in the gray area of evaluation right now.

His accuracy has been disappointing, but good enough.
His receivers have been terrible at catching the ball.
His receivers can't seem to get their own separation.
He seems to go to his dump off too quickly.
He seems reluctant to go down the field.
Our offense is moving the slowest it has under Chip.

Some good, some bad, some question marks.

You're talking to a brain dead, blind faith fanboi on par with TeBlow fans. Probably has a Bradford fathead plastered to the wall in his room in his mom's house, and wears "Super Bradford" underoos to bed.

He worships the ground Bradford walks on, and will never be able to admit even the slightest fault in his game (or lack thereof).
mcnabbulous
You guys are cute
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 09:17 PM) *
You guys are cute

I'm pretty sure he thinks we're bff now.
koolaidluke
I generally think fans are too quick to blame "play calling" but I am really unhappy with the play calling this season. I don't have a problem with being predictable, I think it is a better philosophy to focus on the basics, but I don't like that Kelly keeps coming back to plays that are demonstrated not to be working. Two plays in particular I don't care for: the outside zone run from the shotgun and the swing pass. Both plays seem to generally get 0 to 2 yards unless they are being run by Matthews. I'm not saying never use those plays, but maybe stop using them to begin every fucking series.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 26 2015, 09:29 PM) *
I generally think fans are too quick to blame "play calling" but I am really unhappy with the play calling this season. I don't have a problem with being predictable, I think it is a better philosophy to focus on the basics, but I don't like that Kelly keeps coming back to plays that are demonstrated not to be working. Two plays in particular I don't care for: the outside zone run from the shotgun and the swing pass. Both plays seem to generally get 0 to 2 yards unless they are being run by Matthews. I'm not saying never use those plays, but maybe stop using them to begin every fucking series.

Anyone other than Murray can run that outside zone. Mathews preferably, but Sproles can do it too.

The swing pass needs to go. It seems like that has replaced wheel routes to the RBs, not favorably so.
Pila
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 10:48 PM) *
There's not just one thing, and it's hard to evaluate one of these things while the other two are also shitty.

Sometimes, but not Sunday. Bradford threw well, although it's hard to know if he played well until we learn a bit more about how open receivers got on plays where he may have held on to the ball a bit long, or chose to drop one to the back. But insofar as accuracy, a huge problem against the Gintz, he did not have this particular problem against the Cats.

There were a few balls thrown in less-than-perfect placement, but all QBs get some help from receivers when the ball is less-than-perfect. General rule is a professional receiver is expected to make a catch if it hits him in both hands. Receivers have not been helping Bradford often enough for a professional team.

Yesterday was encouraging in the fact that Bradford can be accurate. His inaccuracy issues appear to be psychosomatic, which is when you aim, rather than just let it loose. Those of us who have thrown a ball in the parking lot know this phenomenon well.

Having said that, it's possible he may have been too quick to go to his backs with it, or held on too long to where there were open guys and just didn't see them, or better options than dumping it off existed. But last week's concerns with really bad misses did not surface in this game. He was accurate on Sunday.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 26 2015, 11:07 PM) *
Receivers have not been helping Bradford often enough for a professional team.

I don't want to overreact, but I don't remember many, if any times where the receiver helped Bradford. Maybe that leaping grab by Agholor early in the season. These guys just have to do their jobs ... and it wouldn't hurt if there were one of them with #1 potential. Is that Agholor? And they don't have a leader, a mentor like Celek is to Ertz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.